Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel3D View Post
    After reading that part 3, maybe 4 times.....I'm not answering your question. How can you ask me that when you said yourself that you haven't read everything!!??

No this is what I have to deal with....people like you pulling a two-faced approch on important political topics. That's why I didn't quote the rest of your post.

No don't respond. I won't see yours or any other reply to this because I'm through FOR GOOD posting in this section of the forums.
    Just leaving this here for anyone else who comes strolling in here with that line of unreasoning. Not that I expect such an individual to have time to listen; they're too busy "reading the bill".

Thx. As you can probably guess I never use the Emergency room to expensive even with "Insurance." Any way back to the topic..... Keep us updated I am interested to know what happens.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

After reading that part 3, maybe 4 times.....I'm not answering your question. How can you ask me that when you said yourself that you haven't read everything!!??

No this is what I have to deal with....people like you pulling a two-faced approch on important political topics. That's why I didn't quote the rest of your post.

No don't respond. I won't see yours or any other reply to this because I'm through FOR GOOD posting in this section of the forums.

Yes, and you're an *expert* on this huh?
    At least he's honest.

You can't eliminate the so-called BS in american healthcare system... because no-one created a perfect system. If that was so, communism would actually work.

The people who argue that public healthcare is always crap and that it is "communistic" make me want to cry and laugh at the same time. No it's not. That Cuban health-care is crap is because their economy, politics and so on are crap. The same goes for whole of Eastern Block. It's not the idea, it's the execution. Also, Red Scare ended in 1957. Thnx.

That aside, remeber your words when you will be bleeding to death and doc at ER will say "...Sorry, we can't treat you because you don't have a proper insurance/money/ect."

The best would be a system where there would be state-sponsored clinics alongside private ones. At least, then, you would have a choice. How to die

Plus, there will always be a (rather large) group of people that won't be able to afford all those excuberant doctor fees in clinics. What should they do hmm? Go off to die? Because they don't have the money?

Only a rich, dumbfuck form Suburbia could invent this, I swear.
    Last edited by CrimsomWolf; Sep 15, 2009 at 03:05 AM.
    Yes.No

Sorry to hear that happened to ya, my brother has terrible Asthma as well but he never goes to the ER because of the same reasons.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Then go move there if you like it so much.
    Did you get lost on the way to Conservapedia?

Since there seems to be so much talk about non-US health care systems here, let me tell you how my trip to the ER went just a few months ago. I am Canadian.

1) Go to the nurse admitting people to the ER. Hand her my health card. The health card I get by being a Canadian citizen. Instead of my bank card. Instead of a credit card. Instead of the monetary contents of my wallet. She uses it to get the information and hands it back.

2) Wait until the higher priority patients (near heart attacks, can't breathe, etc) have been seen. Since there were many people in worse shape than I, this took a bit. If I was in a serious situation, I would have been seen quite quickly, as is the experience of others I know who have needed the ER.

Shock and awe, eh? I mean the guy who actually NEEDS it being seen before the lesser ill guy with some cash! What a concept!

3) Get seen by a very professional doctor. Not some "less reliable" schmo Americans seem so afraid of.

4) Have tests done by very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

5) Diagnosis!

6) Go home.

7) Not have to worry about gargantuan bills. Not worry about going into debt for the sake of living.

While on a day to day basis we Canadians pay more in taxes, it sure as hell makes up for it when shit goes down. It's a very nice feeling waking up and not having to wonder "can I afford to live today?"
    Last edited by War_Child; Nov 8, 2009 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by War_Child View Post
    Since there seems to be so much talk about non-US health care systems here, let me tell you how my trip to the ER went just a few months ago. I am Canadian.

1) Go to the nurse admitting people to the ER. Hand her my health card. The health card I get by being a Canadian citizen. Instead of my bank card. Instead of a credit card. Instead of the monetary contents of my wallet. She uses it to get the information and hands it back.

2) Wait until the higher priority patients (near heart attacks, can't breathe, etc) have been seen. Since there were many people in worse shape than I, this took a bit. If I was in a serious situation, I would have been seen quite quickly, as is the experience of others I know who have needed the ER.

Shock and awe, eh? I mean the guy who actually NEEDS it being seen before the lesser ill guy with some cash! What a concept!

3) Get seen by a very professional doctor. Not some "less reliable" schmo Americans seem so afraid of.

4) Have tests done by very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

5) Diagnosis!

6) Go home.

7) Not have to worry about gargantuan bills. Not worry about going into debt for the sake of living.

While on a day to day basis we Canadians pay more in taxes, it sure as hell makes up for it when shit goes down. It's a very nice feeling waking up and not having to wonder "can I afford to live today?"
    That sounds awesome, I hate you.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Heh, but of Free Health care (after its paid in full part of taxes being somewhat higher)

And ranked along with the European countries, Canada was 23rd. Austria on top.
    In regards to some sort of system of ranking, forgot the terms. Canada still high in prevention of fatal diseases, up there with the rest.

But this was some quick last year internet grab info to report 5 mins(more like 2) to Economy 2 class and postulate a quick attention grabber, Canada does have free health care but they aren't ranked so high, says internet source that I hope is credible enough for ya! As our teach said before, higher taxes if you would like that - no free lunch. That does sound amazing his experience though. Knew the 'those with more urgent conditions go first' part, simple checkup may take a while.

HIGHER TAXES?! Grab your coat of arms and load your coat arms.

Can't even handle a discussion, get angry and leave rather than discuss? For everyone's benefit, even your anger problem if its real and not huffing and puffing, angry internet guy +1 to the rest.
    Last edited by HAYABUSA-FMW-; Nov 9, 2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: along with not out of, Canada.not European.

I don't know about you guys, but I get full everything medical, uh, decent vision(not that I use it) and very good-decent dental(use it once or twice a year).
    I'm an American citizen.
    I pay $22 every two weeks.
    Very affordable.
    Health First is a great health insurance company.
    If you don't have any dependents, it's very cheap. (as you can see, $44 a month).
    Though, if you have anyone else on your insurance it's very expensive.

My views over the last 6 months or so have changed for the health care system.
    I'm not very educated in the details, but I will say my $44 a month gets put to good use, and I'd say it's a damn good deal.
    DreX, if it's available, and you can afford it, you should get Health First. (My health is separate company from dental and vision, so it should be cheaper than $22 bi-weekly for just health).
    On top of the great health insurance, you get a FREE gym mebership to any Health First Fitness Centers!

Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    Heh, but of Free Health care (after its paid in full part of taxes being somewhat higher)

And ranked along with the European countries, Canada was 23rd. Austria on top.
    In regards to some sort of system of ranking, forgot the terms. Canada still high in prevention of fatal diseases, up there with the rest.

But this was some quick last year internet grab info to report 5 mins(more like 2) to Economy 2 class and postulate a quick attention grabber, Canada does have free health care but they aren't ranked so high, says internet source that I hope is credible enough for ya! As our teach said before, higher taxes if you would like that - no free lunch. That does sound amazing his experience though. Knew the 'those with more urgent conditions go first' part, simple checkup may take a while.

HIGHER TAXES?! Grab your coat of arms and load your coat arms.
    Is there room for improvement in our system? Certainly. There always is. The reason for the "low" ranking is:

"Canada ranked 7th in overall health-system achievement and 10th in terms of health spending, but fell to 30th when these 2 measures were combined because the methodology considers what could be achieved in a country given the level of resources available." (see http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/164/1/84-a)

7th and 10th out of 191 ain't bad but again, room for improvement but I'll admit our politicians are too busy in a circle jerk to pay as much attention as they should.

But of course the paying comes on a day to day basis. Personally I don't mind paying a few extra cents on my burger so that I don't have to take out a massive loan for surgery. Most people can handle the day costing a couple of bucks more rather than a giant bill all at once like our poor OP here.

Also know what's awesome? If I become unemployed, I don't lose my health care! Unlike the American system, if you lose your job and can't pay the insurance bill... :3

And public health care DOES NOT turn you away due to pre-existing conditions! Case in point: my family has a history of heart disease amongst other issues. I am currently overweight. But I don't pay any redonkulous fees for crappy coverage since we pool in with our taxes Wheras in America..

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madr...ned-down-healt
    Even babies can't get a break. Those lazy chunkers don't deserve health care since they don't work and all.

And no insurance company is going to cause me to die due to refusing to pay for life saving surgery:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317809,00.html

Suddenly a slightly higher tax rate doesn't look so bad >_>