Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

There is one thing I can't find here which really bugged me in PS:P1. Will you be able to give/trade items to other people? Me and my friend was rather stunned when we found out I couldn't give him items in PS:P1 to help him catch up with me.

Only C- and B-ranks. A- and S-ranks are apparently not tradeable. I can understand why--the prevention of duping of rares and stuff--but if you can't drop an item you pick up in the same mission where you picked it up so you can let a friend have a drop that you can't use but they can, that would be really dreadful.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Look at it this way, using this new "Final Grind" system, if you have a fully ground B or C Rank that you don't want nor are interested in "final grinding", and someone else is, and even has the necessary means to do so, you can trade them this B or C Rank, effectively trading an S Rank indirectly, since once the target person final grinds it that's what it will become.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine earlier since he didn't even think about it, and I have a feeling not many are realizing it either yet.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarK-SuN View Post
    Look at it this way, using this new "Final Grind" system, if you have a fully ground B or C Rank that you don't want nor are interested in "final grinding", and someone else is, and even has the necessary means to do so, you can trade them this B or C Rank, effectively trading an S Rank indirectly, since once the target person final grinds it that's what it will become.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine earlier since he didn't even think about it, and I have a feeling not many are realizing it either yet.
    I don't think that system is going to be as incredible as it seems at first glance. Its not like you could grind a C rank Rod 10 times, do a Final Grind and bam its a Psycho Wand...
    Otherwise why would we ever need to hunt rares when we could just buy C rank junk and grind it.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

That's how it'll work.
    Not necessarily a psycho wand, but it'll be an S Rank, with specific "status effects" that apparently are exclusive to this type of "final grind" system.

I'll give you a PSU example itself: deljabaner to deljabaner+, a B rank to an S rank, with added virus effect and quite a lot more powerful.
    I'd say that's completely worth it in my book, and trading with that in mind is perfectly viable.

Edit: Also, you can't do it everytime with every weapon, it was revealed that there's a limit of Final Grinds (or, in fact, "Extend Codes", the item that allows you to do a Final Grind) you can do, so you better use them wisely and with weapons you know you'll want to evolve.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Rod (10) is still a Rod (10) even if its an S rank, with sparkles, a chance to inflict Confusion and higher stats.

Rod (10) =/= Psycho Wand, is what I'm saying. Sure Rod (10) > Rod but its still going to be Rod (10) >>> Psycho Wand in terms of stats, thats not even mentioning the visuals.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

The stats also increase when they turn into S Rank, so much that if they're level 5 weapons their level requirement is bumped to S Rank requirements (god knows what the number is, could be 50+ or more, depending on the weapon).
    So, no, a Rod (10) is still not a Rod (10) even if it's an S Rank, it'll be another weapon, with different stats, S Rank equivalent boosted stats (they didn't say if this new weapon can have grinds applied to it, but I guess we'll find out soon enough).

Its about time.

Did anyone see the latest FunFan thingy? A Red (rare) box drop contained a C-rank weapon -- its about time they distinguished them.

Now, they can take all those cool weapon models they have and allow them to be good. Lets pray this solves the problem of S-ranks truly being the superior rank, instead of grinded A ranks. If you can upgrade a B-rank to an S, then you should be able to upgrade S-rank into God-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    Its about time.

Did anyone see the latest FunFan thingy? A Red (rare) box drop contained a C-rank weapon -- its about time they distinguished them.

Now, they can take all those cool weapon models they have and allow them to be good. Lets pray this solves the problem of S-ranks truly being the superior rank, instead of grinded A ranks. If you can upgrade a B-rank to an S, then you should be able to upgrade S-rank into God-tier.
    Something tells me that C-rank that dropped in the rare box and was subsequently announced to the party had a high percent.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Dunno if I misread it or just haven't seen it:

So the jpn release date will be december 2009....so are there some hints when the US/EU release will be or if there will be an US/EU release at all?

Thanks and my apologies if I can't read. (If it's already mentioned in one of the few topics)

Babye~
    トビ~