Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question There Ain't No School Like, Old School!

The stylistics of Phantasy Star Zero that I have seen are for some reason reminding me of the Classic Phantasy Stars; Especially IV.

And I was wondering has anybody else been getting that feeling?

The anime-style cutscenes have definitely flashed me back to, say, Phantasy Star IV, without a doubt. Though, in general, I get a much more PSO-type feel from PS0.

i was thinking the art looks more like the megaman zero games on the gba may even be the same artists i dunno someone feel free to correct me on this

it reminds me of ff3, i liked the graphics but never got too far lol. imo the only issue is that i dont like how most of the outfits dont look like they are made for combat.

i never thought about it before but yeah your right and a few look like crazy swimsuits

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    The stylistics of Phantasy Star Zero that I have seen are for some reason reminding me of the Classic Phantasy Stars; Especially IV.

And I was wondering has anybody else been getting that feeling?
    Nope, not a bit. The art style and environment are completely different. The story is slightly comparable to PS2 but not really PS4.

PSZ reminds me of Burger Time.

... On second thought, nevermind.

(PSZ reminds me of PSO more.) :P

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    PSZ reminds me of Burger Time.

... On second thought, nevermind.

(PSZ reminds me of PSO more.) :P
    omg thats funny as hell

Artistically I'll go ahead and say that I'm really not fond of this Phantasy Star game. Its better than PSU in some ways, but PSO hit their art style perfectly.

PSO's enemy, area, and character designs were very similar to todays Metroid Prime games, they have this very utilitarian feel. Im not saying that every idea in PSO or MP make sense, but the environments and such just felt "real". Like if that tech existed then thats how the world would look. It was really nice and I appreciated it a helluva lot more than the absurd dorky anime style of PSU, as well as a bit more than this chibi style in PSZ.

Dont get me wrong though, I full understand why they went this route with PSZ, its definitely better suited for a portable game. The characters are more stylized allowing for a lower polygon count while still keeping their individual flair. One classes silhouette is intantly recognizable from another's, and thats extremely important in a Multiplayer game.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    PSO's enemy, area, and character designs were very similar to todays Metroid Prime games
    How do you figure that? I see no similarities at all between PSO and the Metroid Prime series. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just simply don't see what you mean. Please elaborate, if you will.