Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default 9/18 Official site update

The official site has been updated with a fair bit of stuff. Most of it is stuff we already know though.

Battle (link)
    Mirage Blasts are units that were created by researching the technology of the ancient civilization in the Gural System. The Mirage Blasts have names and different kinds of attack patterns.

Flame Mirage Blast "Nui," attacks a single creature in front.
    Ice Mirage Blast "Conl," (Konru, コンル) attacks multiple enemies in a straight line.
    Lightening Mirage Blast "Kanna," attacks things in the air.
    Earth Mirage Blast "Toi Toi," attacks things in a circular area.

This page also talks about the technique attacks and the area based techs affecting multiple target creatures and the finishing move via combo. The commands you can give to your allies are also listed:

Free order: Attack with whatever weapon the NPC is good with.
    Attack shift: Attack without healing or doing anything else.
    Shooter sight: Perform long range attacks with guns or techs.
    Heal order: Less attacking and more healing / buffing.
    Follow shift: Performing long range attacks while healing and buffing. Follow the PC takes precident.
    Blast charge: Charge SUV, NB, MB and inform the player when fully charged.
    Blast release: Use SUV, NB, or MB.

Blog Parts (link)
    You can use this stuff to on your blog or webpage to tell other people how much of a Phantasy Star fan you are. See here to see what these "parts" do with out having to actually link to one.

Default Character Designs (link)
    Female designs are also available along with the male designs for all races now via this page.

Crouch Mueller (link)
    Crouch is the beast in charge of the civilian military provider Little Wing. He is in charge of protecting Emilia but shows such a lack of interest that it could be taken as negligence. He used to be a notorius detective but for some reason, he shows no sign of his former self.

Lumia Waber (link)
    Lumia belongs to the general investigation depart of the Guardians. She is the sister of Ethan Waber and though she repects her hero brother she shirks away from the weight of his name.

Tokyo Game Show (link)
    TGS information for you lucky monkeys that have time to make it to TGS. There are three missions available to play at TGS: Catapult Jump, Plains Overlord, and a mission in the Undersea Plant. On Saturday, you can go see the live filming of Fun! Fan! 2 if you pick up a ticket at Sega's booth. On Sunday, you can see a stage presentation by Sakai on PSP2.

Fanta! (link)
    Information about the Fanta items. Fanta soda cans will be appearing as items in PSP2 and there are plans to give out weapons on the official Fanta website as well. If you go to TGS and try out the PSP2 demo, you will receive a Fanta strap. It has a dangling Fanta can and a strap with the Fanta and PSP2 logo on it.

I kind of wish the information they'd post in the blog or on the official website wasn't leaked some else first. Anyways the bits on Crouch and Lumia and direct translations and they suck. See WBMike's posts for a better translation.
    Last edited by Mike; Sep 18, 2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Formating, adding info, etc

LOOK HERE

the movie itself wasn't that interesting, BUT what was displayed over the movie is.

(i thought it was spam at first!!!) it says somewhere that the lvl cap is 200(or it might have said it was over 200, i missed some of the kanji around it.

anyway will someone look at this to confirm that i was somewhat right?

WOOT, i just re-looked at the movie info spam and i seen that there will be at least 2000 items(might have been weapons), but now i must ask the question how many weapons was in the first one?
    Last edited by Dhylec; Sep 18, 2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: merge
    A red apple isn't actually red! You only see what isn't being absorbed by the apple. There for the apple is every color except that red!

Things are not what they appear to be.

Woah, what kind of a leader is this Crouch guy? He seems such a drunk womanizer! lol
    Mirage blasts doesn't seem to be that amazing, still I like the looks of kanna.

And ain't Lumia looks kinda tsundere-ish in those pictures? lolol

Ethan hero Ethan hero, what about me? I was the hero in Episode 2 and 3 lol haven't we made it into history or what? Laia got all the merit I see...

They should make a bbcode for those "blog parts"

Crouch reminds me of someone but I'm not sure who...

Cool, I love these new character designs. The female human looks hawt... =o

I'm also glad to hear that you can actually issue commands to NPC's now instead of just having them as meatshields all the time, lol.

I'm still curious about these Mirage Blasts though... is this for BOTH Humans and Newmans?

And wtf is this Fanta items bullcrap? Did they have to resort to getting funding through advertising another franchise!? I guess if it improves the overall quality of the game, but I just hate seeing advertising spam in games...
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Sep 18, 2009 at 07:38 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

The site has been updated! I thought they forgot about it, its been about two weeks since the last update. Finally we can get some pictures that Sakai hasn't blurred the crap out of!

I guess we already knew most of this stuff but its nice to see the Mirage Blast creatures and clear default characters. Those commands are pretty much straight out of PSZero, right down to holding or using your uber move (We need a catch all name for them... I don't wanna say SUV, NB and MB everytime). ¬_¬

Also the screenshot on that Mirage Blast page regarding chains shows a 21 chain so I guess it is each hit adds 1 to the chain rather than each full combo, in all honestly thats much better as it was pretty hard to keep up chains using a full combo in PSZero so I approve.

Hmm... those Fanta cans are appearing in game? Perhaps they will be decorations for this apparent room decoration that will be in the game (is that still a rumour?)
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Perhaps they will be decorations for this apparent room decoration that will be in the game (is that still a rumour?)
    No, it isn't: it's official...

・_・'

Famitsu.com

Poor Lumia. She is like us from Episode 2. Not getting any recognition!
    I don't like her look, but especially dislike her clothes. It looked good to me when we first saw her in the opening, but not anymore.
    Are those the usual Guardians outfits now? Tell Laia to dismiss the designer!
    You don't have to look ugly to shrink your name! You don't have to!

Crouch looks as good as ever, tho! ;D
    And I love Fanta! (: (I am glad about the collaboration only being a few room goods. That is not pushy.)
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Sep 18, 2009 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _shade_ View Post
    No, it isn't: it's official...

・_・'

Famitsu.com
    This makes me happy yet sad.

The new character designs look great, but the sponsership deals are very worrying. I don't particularly mind ingame advertising, I find it easy enough to phase this stuff out. But liscenced goods is one of the main reasons Sega haven't brought the recent Yakuza games to the West.. Too much effort to change it all, for something they don't think will sell.