Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

This reminds me of my PSO character, he had gray hair in PSO EpIII because it was 20 years after PSO I/II/IV and he became some kind of strategist lol I don't think 3 years will affect a lot to my characters, my only young one is a CAST, and CASTs don't grow up.

Wait, people actually put that much thought into their characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    Wait, people actually put that much thought into their characters?
    Some people play games and enjoy them for being games. Other people become obsessed and make up a back story for character they "created." I generally think those people need to get out more.

Well Some news from Shougai PSO. Looking through the HTML source code of the site they found 4 types (classes)

Hunter, Ranger, Force, and "Braver"
    Don't know what Braver is but it sounds interesting..

Oh yeah, I totally meant to post about that earlier, but I forgot.

http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=717

Considering what has been said about types working differently, I wouldn't be surprised to see them overhaul how they function. Maybe the types themselves will change as you level them up instead of remaining static (stat increases were the only dynamic aspect of PSU/PSP types). The devs could then get away with producing four types only.

For example, let's say that the Hunter type at Level 1 starts with the standard B and A Grade weapon chart but at Level 5 changes to allow the player to use S-rank weapons and higher level Photon Arts. You would then have to work towards an advanced Hunter type without having to go to a menu and pay meseta to switch like you do in PSU/PSP when going from Hunter to Fighmaster.

But that's just an idea that popped into my head. Who knows what they're cooking?

Lol I can see them putting some GAS within types, like purchasing extra features with meseta, or maybe collecting photon drops or something.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblur View Post
    For example, let's say that the Hunter type at Level 1 starts with the standard B and A Grade weapon chart but at Level 5 changes to allow the player to use S-rank weapons and higher level Photon Arts. You would then have to work towards an advanced Hunter type without having to go to a menu and pay meseta to switch like you do in PSU/PSP when going from Hunter to Fighmaster.
    You know thats exactly how I presumed Types worked when I first played PSU, I saw the details for my Hunter class and all the C/B rank weapons and I thought "Oh I guess when I level up the ranks of those weapons will go up". If you ask me its a good idea, it would make levelling types much more fun and necessary.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

If we only have the 4 basic types (no clue what braver is) then I assume they'll work like the classes did in AotI offline.. which I heavily preferred, actually, because of all the variety it gave you when playing your characters..
    Feel free to add me to msn to talk about PSU/etc.~

Quote Originally Posted by blyr View Post
    If we only have the 4 basic types (no clue what braver is) then I assume they'll work like the classes did in AotI offline.. which I heavily preferred, actually, because of all the variety it gave you when playing your characters..
    How are the types set up? I imagine you're talking about the Extra Mode that's included in the PC/PS2 version of AotI so I'm not familiar with them and I'm curious.