Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No official confirmation yet, but PSP2 is coming west

So today some websites had some info leaked from the Sega's FTP, it was mainly about some suggestions made with sony for the near future, and concerning PSP2:

PSU2
    Could do bundle at GameStop with PSP 30-35K units on UMD, Go, or both.
    Sega has been trying to prevent the info spreading, but it seems it's too late, you will be able to find it in most websites at the moment, it even talks about confidential sony information.

Doubt it will come out here in the UK, like some other game.....damn you Sega! I wanted to play PSO Plus
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    So today some websites had some info leaked from the Sega's FTP, it was mainly about some suggestions made with sony for the near future, and concerning PSP2:

[info here]

Sega has been trying to prevent the info spreading, but it seems it's too late, you will be able to find it in most websites at the moment, it even talks about confidential sony information.
    What I don't understand is why they call it PSU2 and refer to the PSP units as 30/35k when they're only in the 3000 series. Wouldn't that make it 3 or 3.5k? :P

EDIT: Unless that's a typo on your part or something. o_O
    Last edited by VariaXVIII; Sep 22, 2009 at 11:30 AM.

This was leaked as a summary from a Sega and Sony meeting, this is like an internal note they had in their FTP since august and today someone found it, so this is not an official note, most games in this document are refereed differently from the official name: Sonic Racing (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing), Valkyria 1937 (Valkyria Chronicles 2), Yakuza (Yakuza 3) or PSU2 (Phantasy Star Portable 2)

I think that 30/35k refers to the units they plan to release in a bundle pack with PSP/PSPGo or suggest to release.

You can find the complete document in most game websites at the moment

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

The actual document if you've seen it is kinda more like rough notes.

I think there should be a full stop between the PSP and 30-35k, in other words...

"Could do bundle at GameStop with PSP. 30-35K units on UMD, Go, or both."
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

There was a LOT of information about other games and stuff in that leak. My favorite bit was about a possible Japanese "import" channel on PSN for JP-language games with minimal localization. Also mentioned were getting PS2 and DC games on PSN for download.

Dreamcast games on PS3. Think about that.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

We'll see about that. They scrapped PS2 compatibility altogether, and I doubt they have something ready that can do DC software. I'll have to leave that to mere speculation.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    We'll see about that. They scrapped PS2 compatibility altogether, and I doubt they have something ready that can do DC software. I'll have to leave that to mere speculation.
    They scrapped built in emotion engine chips (because it was costing too much to make them I imagine) but they recently trademarked a system to emulate the emotion engine using software, so they were definately planning on doing it, so if anything this leak just makes me believe its even more likely.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

That would be nice, but I'll just have to do a wait and see. I've learned not to get my hopes up with them. Unless they say it's definitely coming.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

PSP2 should freakin come to the west! I don't want to import it, due to the whole fact I'll get frustrated to no end about what the hell is going on. I don't want to learn a different language just so I can play a game. I learned that from PSOBB. Damn JP client...