Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Jak II wasn't hard - it was just bad. Bad gameplay, bad story, & bad setting. Just bad all around, especially coming right off a pretty good Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie clone like the first Jak & Daxter.

I had planned on picking up the entire trilogy, but after the mess of Jak II, I just decided to give up on it. My understanding is that Jak III is more like the second Jak rather than the first, which is a bad thing.

I went into the demo of the first Uncharted hoping that Naughty Dog had turned things around, but that also left me unimpressed. I chalk that more up to the fact that the only current-gen game I had been playing was MGS4, and the level of polish in that game made it hard to look at other titles seriously. Coming off of hours of MGS4, all I saw in Uncharted was the comparatively flimsy combat and weirdness of the graphics (it never seemed as if Drake was actually touching the ground).

Still, I had heard plenty of great things about it, and I certainly love the fresh setting. And Uncharted 2 is getting great reviews which are describing some pretty interesting stuff. Still, I don't have a PS3 available, so I'll have to add it to my "Play when the planets align" list.

OMG so much fail

saying Jak & Daxter is a Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie clone is just so stupid

Did you even play the game?

It had some the greatest environments of all time plus great gameplay to boot

And jak II is not bad just hard but the story was great (for a platformer) the only problem was they tried to make it to badass.

The setting was also good it felt a lot deferent than other games that have a similar setting.

And jak III was what Jak II should of been

Anyway about Uncharted i haven't played it (no PS3) but my friend who played the demo of the first one said that it consisted of hiding and shooting a lot

but i really hope that was just the demo
    Do you know Tri-Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by AlephZero View Post
    OMG so much fail

saying Jak & Daxter is a Mario 64/Banjo-Kazooie clone is just so stupid

Did you even play the game?

It had some the greatest environments of all time plus great gameplay to boot

And jak II is not bad just hard but the story was great (for a platformer) the only problem was they tried to make it to badass.

The setting was also good it felt a lot deferent than other games that have a similar setting.

And jak III was what Jak II should of been
    Yes, I played the first Jak & Daxter. I hit 100% on it. It's a good game, but it's very much Naughty Dog's take on Rare's Banjo-Kazooie/DK64 mold. To say otherwise is to show a gross ignorance of the history of 3D platformers. That's like saying the original Final Fantasy wasn't just a rip-off of Dungeons & Dragons, even though the bestiary is just the Monster Manual with a new (metaphorical) cover slapped on it.

Again, that doesn't make it bad - just derivative.

And as for Jak II; They took a light-hearted collect-a-thon platformer and turned it into a messy "open-world", third-person shooter, with a dark juvenile twist. They Warrior Within-ed it. They made all the characters unlikeable, gave you flying cars that maneuvered like heavy boats, and they effectively nerfed the platforming with the gunplay instead of balancing them.

You basically can't play the game without cringing and realizing that they were trying very hard to grab the fickle GTA-loving, teenager demographic. It's pretty embarrassing, to be honest.

(I mean, for Christ's sake, the first line out of Jak in the game is "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." It's like they're trying to beat you over the head with a sign that says, "Hey! This game is hardcore! Really! This totally isn't our Poochie the dog moment!")

Ok, I've gotten most of your PSN names, and I plan to be on a lot this weekend. I'll be more than happy to team up with yous, hopefully killing off nubs. I prefer playing the heroes, esp. Elena.

The actual game comes out next week. I can't wait.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

what the hell? its not letting me play
    Phantasy Star Zero Character:
    Tieria, Lv.67 HUcast
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Character:
    Mr. Bushido, Lv.31 Human Hunter

Talking

cant wait for tomorrow!

My favorite new IP from this gen!

went for a total media blackout...hard but so worth it

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Calibur View Post
    went for a total media blackout...hard but so worth it
    That's really the best way to do it. I keep hearing good things, and I want to try it, but I still have a nagging fear they didn't unfuck the shooting controls from the original.

The beta demo is done for. I was a level 33 before it happened.

I plan to play Uncharted 1 one last time today to prepare for tomorrow.

P.S.- Multiplayer melee needs to be nerfed a little. I hate being sneaked upon being killed by 2 punches!
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Yeah I won't be able to pick this up until next week. Billz and Demon's Souls currently owning me.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I'm on Chapter 4 and it's pretty awesome so far. The system is a little better than the first too. Grenade throwing is much better this time than it was in Uncharted 1, as it can be thrown from any hiding spot with the press of the shoulder button. Also melee has changed and looks a lot better. Enemies can now counter you instead of them just taking a beating by mashing Square. Most of the Trophies are similar to the first as well.

Oh yes, the graphics are awesome
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Oct 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    I'm on Chapter 4 and it's pretty awesome so far. The system is a little better than the first too. Grenade throwing is much better this time than tit was in Uncharted 1, as it can be thrown from any hiding spot with the press of the shoulder button. Also melee has changed and looks a lot better. Enemies can now counter you instead of them just taking a beating by mashing Square. Most of the Trophies are similar to the first as well.

Oh yes, the graphics are awesome
    Heheh. Tit.

Do you still just do striking combos or are there like Jason Bourne-esque takedowns and stuff?