Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I never had any intention of buying a PSPgo, but it still sucks for everyone that was actually excited about the release. They are paying a premium price for an incredibly crippled piece of hardware. Maybe I would have considered upgrading in the future, but if this is any indication of their plans...f*ck em'.
    Good god, who would have been excited about the Go? The oldest piece of news about it is that there's no UMD capability.

If anything, such a controversial move has given the thing a lot of publicity for Go as everyone freaks out about the platform going all-digital and plasters images of it everywhere... and for the original PSP comes off looking brilliant by comparison as folks mourn the passing of UMD which is hilarious considering how people hated on the format to start with. I bet after christmas there's not gonna be a full-size PSP to be found.

EDIT: as of this writing I'd love to have a Go as a 16gb music/video player if there was a remote on the headphone line that would let me pick music etc to play with the thing slid closed. It looks awful when it's open but closed it has a great size and the screen is sexy as hell. Damn you guys and like 90% of the geek press for going on and on about this thing and what a piece of crap it is.
    Last edited by panzer_unit; Oct 2, 2009 at 02:45 PM.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I'll stick with my PSP-1000 thank you very much! I've had it for a while and I don't plan on giving it up anytime soon.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Well, aside from bluetooth (whoo....), the lack of a UMD drive is the only "feature". It may be the oldest news, but it also the only news.

I don't think people are mourning the loss of UMD so much as realizing that the alternative is half-baked. The digital distribution system is an addition, not a replacement. If Sony had followed through with the good will program they so elegantly lied about months ago, UMDs would be a mere memory already.

Of course geeks are going to complain. Nintendo dropping the GBA slot on the DSi or Sony dropping the PS2 support on the PS3 are one thing, but dropping support for current gen games is a pretty vicious ball tap. The typical geek is likely to already have a PSP and at least a few UMDs. Can you blame them for not being pleased?

Well a good friend of mine talked me out of making the biggest gaming purchasing mistake of my life when he told me not to get a PSPgo. I've only had my PSP 3000 for 2 months now, with only two games (for now..) that AREN'T in the GO's digital library.

What Sony has produced here is more likely to be a huge failure or just a bone being thrown to us because they have a REAL successor to the PSP underway.

Too me this is nothing more than a desperation attempt to ape the success of the iPhone.

I have had my 2000 for over a year now and I am perfectly fine with it because it can do BOTH UMD and download, gee what a concept! Maybe the idiots at sony should have thought about keeping all the PSP Go features while still keeping the UMD slot, instead it feels like the Go is a step down if you think about it.
    Phantasy Star Zero Character:
    Tieria, Lv.67 HUcast
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Character:
    Mr. Bushido, Lv.31 Human Hunter

I'm really enjoying the comments in this thread.

It's just wonderful seeing people talk about how terrible a move Sony has made with the PSP Go even though they have no idea what its target demographic is.

Then there are the people who don't even know what a target demographic is, and think that all products must be made with them in mind and nobody else.

It's perfectly valid to say Sony has made a terrible move with this product - it is your opinion after all - but saying "it sucks because I don't want it and therefore nobody should want it" makes one look very, very ignorant.

And that's why I'm really enjoying this thread.
    Last edited by Outrider; Oct 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM.

I think the demographic is towards those who don't have a PSP and currently wish to invest in one. If thats the case then I say go for it. But if someone already has a PSP then I'm against it...sorta. After all it's his/her money and they can buy whatever the hell they want. I just don't want Sony to faze out the PSP. I ain't got the money to "upgrade".

Sony will not shove the PSP out of the loop.
    They've already said it wont happen.

I still want a PSP Go, but now I have to replace my laptop, so I have to wait on the Go.
    I still own 2 PSP's (one was free...) and I'll keep em both.
    Not sure why anyone would hate this unit other than how the controls look.
    If you actually hold one, and play it for any amount of time, it's really comfortable.
    I played one for a good half hour, and there was no cramping, tiring or anything of my hands.

I still don't know if $250 is a decent price for it, but I'd pay up to $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcompat321 View Post
    I still don't know if $250 is a decent price for it, but I'd pay up to $200.
    According to Amazon, $250 is pretty close to (less than, probably) a 16GB iPod Touch ... which is presumably the device the Go's trying to compete with.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I got to fool around with one and I have to say this is what Sony shoulda done from the get go. A nice piece of hardware I have to say. But I still love my crotchity old PSP. So I won't be runnin out anytime soon to get a Go.