Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    Also, if you haven't realized by reading about the shitGO, it will be sony's way to phase out their proprietary UMD disc.

A lot of people on other forums I visit are a lot more up in arms about this then the actual GO system, because sony is basically using this as a test run to try to phase out the used game market. Starting probably around 2010, you will see maybe 10-20% of games being released on psp still using UMD releases, while the remaining 80% will be psn releases - or buy your voucher in store and DL digital copy. It's already been used with patapon 2 and will be used for future releases like Gran Turismo PSP.

Don't expect sony to stop there either. Once they realize they can stop used game sales alltogether, you better believe they will attempt to start using this philosophy on the PS3 as well. They are attempting to take away the physical media that you rightfully purchase and give you digital media instead that could be terminated from their server at any point in time.

Don't waste your money on that shit and make them think it's a good idea. It's not. Keep that used game market alive and support physical media while it's still available.
    The thought of this totally slipped my mind. I really hate this piece of crap now. Sony would try to do something like this.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

For those that are curious, here is a list of games available from PSN.

PSPgo Game List

None of my UMDs are on there. -_- *leaves flaming bag of shit on Sony's doorstep*

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post

PSPgo Game List

None of my UMDs are on there. -_- *leaves flaming bag of shit on Sony's doorstep*
    I actually expected it to be like this, so I'm not surprised in the least. I don't think a single one of my games are on that list. I can't wait to see this POS fail miserably.

Actually, I'm surprised by how many good deals there are for some of those games. I understand that some of them are promotional price drops, but $15-$16 for flagship titles like God of War and Burnout are probably pretty tempting for somebody who's just entering the portable market, and the range of $10 games is actually pretty impressive. I don't know how they decided their pricing, but I think it would be great to keep it flexible like in this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    The thought of this totally slipped my mind. I really hate this piece of crap now. Sony would try to do something like this.
    I hate sony with a burning passion, but there is some good to be had of digital distribution. You can't look at it as a completely bad thing.

Obviously, game costs would go down because your no longer paying for the development costs AND the packaging, just the development. Of course there's also the benefit of never losing your game, as you can simply re-download it if it is deleted. And of course there is the fact that you wouldn't have to purchase the game from a store, you could do so from your home or office.

But even so, I do agree that I'm not crazy about the total elimination of used game sales (although it would be nice to see Gamestop die horribly as a result. Thats a truly evil company right there) Even if I am paying extra, it is nice to have a physical copy of a game that I can lend to friends, or bring over to someone elses house. Also, the feeling of ownership is obviously much stronger when you can actually hold the thing you bought, rather than trusting that it exists somewhere in some form.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post

PSPgo Game List

Wait... so you're saying you want to buy a Go and re-buy your disc games and thus Sony are sucks for not offering them. I don't get it. You already own the games and a PSP, what's there to be so miserable about?

One thing I've noticed is that some developers are starting to throw extras into their packaged games to compete with download copies... R-Type Tactics II is releasing with a soundtrack CD.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by panzer_unit View Post
    Wait... so you're saying you want to buy a Go and re-buy your disc games and thus Sony are sucks for not offering them. I don't get it. You already own the games and a PSP, what's there to be so miserable about?

One thing I've noticed is that some developers are starting to throw extras into their packaged games to compete with download copies... R-Type Tactics II is releasing with a soundtrack CD.
    I never had any intention of buying a PSPgo, but it still sucks for everyone that was actually excited about the release. They are paying a premium price for an incredibly crippled piece of hardware. Maybe I would have considered upgrading in the future, but if this is any indication of their plans...f*ck em'.

The Prinny game I believe is currently $10. That's a pretty nice price. I know it's promotional, but it does make me glad I waited on it. Now I can get it for much less than I would've paid for it. I wont rebuy my old games, like this, but I may pick that one up since I don't have it yet.

PSP Go is horrible. It is uncomfortable in my hands, just looks ugly, and no UMD support makes it inferior to the previous models which is sad. I know many people complained about stuff like "OOOH DSI HAZ NO GBA SLOTZ!!!!111one" but really, at least you could still buy games at retail with that system and it had a lot of cool features. Sony pretty much jumped the shark and said "Hey if Nintendo can remove a game slot, lets remove ours and make people re buy games! Fun!"
    Phantasy Star Zero Character:
    Tieria, Lv.67 HUcast
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Character:
    Mr. Bushido, Lv.31 Human Hunter

I just can't wait til after the christmas season hits and retailers are forced into putting mandatory "PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING: PSPGO DOES NOT PLAY CURRENT PSP UMD GAMES" stickers/warning in bold type around all pspgo merchandise due to the high volume of returns they'll see from parents who just bought the thing for their kids who wanted a psp for christmas.

You think I'm kidding but you doubt the stupidity of the american public.