Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Let's skip 4 events and just catch up. I'm all for this.

Honestly, part of me worries that the regional servers won't even be around by the time this stuff might otherwise have a chance of coming out here.

Of course, if the things that happened with PSOBB post-official-regional-demise can happen with PSU, the outlook is a little brighter.

Out of curiosity--what items won the design contest, particularly where female clothes/parts are concerned? Anything interesting, or just more moe moe/hooker/trendy crap we already have too much of?

This looks more promising and bigger than it actually will be. Just don't expect too much.
    Thanks as always, though, Esp! (:
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Sep 30, 2009 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/...de=view&id=987

3rd Anniversary Thanks Festa
    * In the coming days, The Protectors ζ will be released as part of the 3rd Anniversary Thanks Festa.

New GUARDIANS Cash missions
    * "RELICS Preservation" (temporary name) will be released to answer the demand for a low-level GC mission.

New free missions
    * It's been a long time since a new free mission was added. Look forward to brand new items drops in these missions!

Rare mission difficulty levels
    * Due to high demand, rare missions will be receiving higher difficulties!

S3 difficulties added
    * More free missions will receive S3 difficulties.

Free mission redistribution
    * The ver.1 missions will be upgraded to AOTI standards and redistributed with new rewards and other changes.

Enemy parameter adjustments
    * LV175+ enemies will be adjusted offer a more suitable challenge to high-level players. EXP adjustments will also be made.
    About time the Rare missions get S2 Difficulty

Wow, All ver.1 missions getting adjustments and S3 Difficulty, I cant wait for that

I hope this GC mission for low-levels is cheap.

I'd like challenging LV175+ enemies

Protectors Zeta? I'll have to wait and find out

PSP2 commemoration
    * Closer to the game's December release date, a special mission will be released to commemorate PSP2 being released to the public.
    * With this mission, you will be able to use the character download service just as you did with the original PSP to receive a unique item from the mission.

>> new NPC yay!

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    Why doesn't US/NA/EU get a longterm schedule?
    Because you need 2 things to have a longterm schedule;

1) Content
    and
    2) A short term schedule

US/NA/EU have neither of those things.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I don't know anything about computer programming but it really takes that long to rewrite the rewards distributed from non AoI free missions?
    Technically, there are a fair amount of ver.1 missions to have the rewards redone for, but they might be doing more than that. Perhaps adding new enemies or changing their spawn patterns (like what they're doing with the missions being carried over to PSP2 from AOTI).

Something I just realized is that SonicTeam will be dropping support for ver.1 following today's maintenance. Only 11 hours left for ver.1 players to play unless they feel like upgrading. D: Not that I see that many white names around, but still.

S2 difficulty for rare maps? That's awesome.

Re-balancing V1 missions so their reward isn't absolute garbage(maybic)? Splendid.

More S3 free missions? Sounds good to me.

Beefing up 175+ mobs? Gib more of a challenge in my PSU? Hmmm I wonder how they'll fare in reality...

A brand new event type? We'll see when it gets here. Hoping its something different, and most of all fun.

The addition of PSZero items? Actually wasn't expecting that, but still haven't even played PS0 yet so don't know what to expect.

The addition of the contest winner's item designs? I'm really anxious to see how the weapons will look/work/and the stats of them. So...do male fleshies get a new outfit at all exclusive to them still since that other one was disqualified? >_<

Overall JP's long-term schedule looks pretty interesting on paper. Some of these things were long overdue IMO. However I fear not many people will be left playing on the Regional servers by the time it rolls around. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by super_luu View Post
    Why doesn't US/NA/EU get a longterm schedule?
    Exactly.

Signature by Gama

* The ver.1 missions will be upgraded to AOTI standards and redistributed with new rewards and other changes.
    Level 100 enemies in Valley of Carnage, Mine Defense, and Tunnel Recapture would be enough to put me back on Moatoob. I always liked the Valley route better than the desert route.

I wonder how popular Plains Overlord, Crimson Beast and Lab Recovery would become with updated AoTI levels and drops. We might see a return of the old hot spots (not that Plains Overlord has had much of a problem retaining people.)

Also when they say "re-balance level 175+ enemies" I wonder if they mean bringing back the old S2 enemy speed that was nerfed when AoTI came out or maybe reverting certain maps like Desert Goliath and Moonlight beast to their old "tons of Grinna Bete/Tengogh/Kamatoze" map variations.

Enemy parameter adjustments
    * LV175+ enemies will be adjusted offer a more suitable challenge to high-level players. EXP adjustments will also be made.
    Finally! They should have rebalanced the v1 missions a couple years ago. Also, I hope they make the enemies much harder, this game has been on "easy mode" for way too long. But knowing ST, they probably won't go far enough.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^