Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Borderlands, other wise known as "Role Playing Shooter Game of Jesus"

I am REALLY psyched about this game! Its my #1 most wanted game of all time and I personally prioritize this over any ODST or Modern Warfare thingamajigs. I have been following this game for two years and my wait will hopefully be rewarded on it's release day(I say hopefully because I saw what happened to Too Human :/). If you are not in the know then let me summarize: Borderlands is going to be a Role Playing Shooter being developed by the gaming gods at gearbox. I say Role Playing Shooter(RPS) because it blends the two genres together(like mass effect or fallout kind of) but this game strives to be different by actually starting from the shooter genre and then adding the RPG elements. Let me summarize how this game uses both these genres:
    First Person Shooter: This is the Genre this game mainly branches from. It has many of the shooter standbys including sprinting, iron sighting, head shots, vehicles, and the guns. By far the most impressive aspect of borderlands is it's built in AI called the "gearbuilder", which builds the guns for them. It came up with over 17 million guns which is more guns than any shooter on the 360, PS3, and Wii combined. It comes up with some crazy shit from a shotgun that shoots wave-like bullets that bounce on the ground or a machine gun that rapid fires grenades. It will feel very natural to people who play halo or call of duty.
    Role Playing Game: This is the secondary genre that is in this game but that doesn't mean it isn't deep. There are four character classes including a Infantry, Tank, Hunter, and Siren(mage) and each have their own branching skill trees to max out. Other things include leveling up, elemental attributes(fire, lighting, corrosive, and explosive) for weapons, three skill tree category for each character with two subcategory for each category which grants numerous attributes and bonuses, and of course the loot. If you all love PSO(which I assume is why you are here) and Diablo games then this game will satisfy your loot whore inside you. The world is open too with tons of monsters ranging from regular to "badass" which is this game form of "elite monsters"(for example: an enemy can be be called a "badass flaming bandit" which is a powerful bandit who indeed is on fire) and the enemy's are procedurely generated a bit like the weapons.

The game will also feature 4 player online co-op(2 player split screen as well) which allows you to dungeon crawl together. I can't wait for this game, its honestly the ONLY game that is actually not playing it safe that is coming out this year and it is coming in....
    12 days

Here are some videos:

What do you guys think of this? Amazing right?
    Phantasy Star Zero Character:
    Tieria, Lv.67 HUcast
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Character:
    Mr. Bushido, Lv.31 Human Hunter

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I'm getting it, and think its a cool idea...but my pants are still dry. Although I'm getting a little sick of the 99 BAGILLION GUNS nonsense. Diablo has been doing randomly generated loot for a decade. Calm down.

Looking forward to this, hoping it lives up to its potential.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I dig this games idea. Ive had it paid off for a while. Some of my buddies are getting it too.
    Im really not that dangerous...

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm all for mixing RPG/dungeon crawling aspects with other types of gameplay (see also: PSO), and I find this game in particular to be very intriguing.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I'll definitely be saving money for this one, it looks like a lot of fun.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Hmmm, looks interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

17million guns!!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!! I cant wait to play it with all my fwends!!!!!

(End saner mode)

This game looks like a rip snorter. I just hope it doesn't get boring too quick.

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

Last edited by Kent; Oct 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: And with this, my post count is a palindrome.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I only heard about this game one time, and I thought it was just some average shooter. But by the looks of the posts in this thread, it must be pretty good. I will probably give it a try now.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***