Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Current "Scary"/"Horror" Movies

Zombieland has been out for a few weeks now, has anyone else seen it?
    I thought it was pretty good. It would have been nice if they covered more of Columbus' rules in my opinion. At one point in the movie it mentioned last 6 people alive, anyone know where the last 1 came from? To me, there is an opening for a sequel, or something to explain what happens after the movie ended.

Also, it appears that Paranormal Activity will be more widely released Friday, list of additional theaters should be up within 24 hours. I've heard it is a good movie, but is best seen without knowing much about it (skip the trailer).

There's also "The 4th kind". I think that's coming out soon. But your ability to enjoy that requires you to look past Mila Jovovich's mediocre face/acting capability.

Paranormal Activity looks terrifying in every sense of the word. In fact, I doubt I will see it in theatres for that very reason, I'll wait until I'm in the safe comfort of my bedroom.

Wait...shit.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but I DID see Zombieland with a friend of mine, and I loved it. I'd classify it more as a comedy, though, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it... anyone who's not a kid, anyways. It's still full of gore and F-bombs and what-not...

Also, I saw a commercial for Saw VI today... good lord, how many movies of that series are they going to make!? Seems like they're being churned out like bad Sonic games or something, geez...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the horror genre, but I DID see Zombieland with a friend of mine, and I loved it. I'd classify it more as a comedy, though, but I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it... anyone who's not a kid, anyways. It's still full of gore and F-bombs and what-not...

Also, I saw a commercial for Saw VI today... good lord, how many movies of that series are they going to make!? Seems like they're being churned out like bad Sonic games or something, geez...
    Zombiland wasn't a movie. That was an experience.

And there's a Saw 7 listed for next year. Why can't they learn that these movies are terrible?
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

They already know they're terrible, and they don't care! The reason they keep making them is because they're still profitable. One always comes out on Halloween, and people always still pay money to see it. Maybe someday the movie-going populous of the world will finally catch on.

I saw Paranormal Activity and it was terrific.

I highly recommend!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Shutter Island! Everytime I see the preview for this movie I'm like "wow," this actually looks scary as shit. I'm not even sure if I'll see it in theatres but the movie looks really well done. Besides, you really can't go wrong with the DiCaprio/Scorsese(sp) combo.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    Shutter Island! Everytime I see the preview for this movie I'm like "wow," this actually looks scary as shit. I'm not even sure if I'll see it in theatres but the movie looks really well done. Besides, you really can't go wrong with the DiCaprio/Scorsese(sp) combo.
    Oh yeah! That looks so good, I can't wait to see it. Any horror film that tries to put you in a different time period, past or future, is so much more interesting than the ones set in the present. I nearly forgot about Shutter Island!

Always been a fan of the Saw series, though the first Saw has still been the best. I do agree, they should have stopped at 5. I guess I just love them for the gadgets he/she/some person sets, the puzzles in the movie and the huge twist at the end.

Paranormal activity looks good but it's still a movie. I dont see how people get scared of movies.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    I do agree, they should have stopped at 5.
    I agree with that number....minus 5.