Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demon's Souls

So I'm trying to get my characters soul tendency to Black so I can get Mephistoles to show up. I have two options for that; kill NPC's. (I find them useful. and they sell stuff that would otherwise be a nuisance to go look for) Invade other players games and kill them. I decided to go with the latter, mostly for the sport of it since for the most part they have the advantage. Usually invaders are weaker in the hosts world, and the host can summon back up. They even have the connection advantage since the games netcode doesn't seem too stellar which leads to me getting backstabbed when they're standing right in front of me. However a lot of people seem to disconnect soon as I get into their worlds, and some even get downright nasty sending me messages via PSN. When they could very easily go into soul form to do their stage and avoid being invaded all out together. My search for souls to pray is for the most part a fruitless endeavor.

However, I have found some success and that is being summoned as the boss for stage 3-3. Since for the most part, people need to complete this fight in order to progress so it's an unavoidable confrontation for anyone who plays the game online. My last fight was the best. I get some dood messaging me via PSN, "good luck, i am no joke". Ok I say to myself. 5 minutes pass and I'm wondering whats taking him and he sends me another message saying WARNING!!!. The warrior arouses my interest with his attempt to psych me out, I eagerly anticipate his arrival so that we can test our mettle. Finally, one last final message from him. "GOODLUCK ASSHOLE!!!" My excitement was palpable, perhaps this warrior would unveil skills that are beyond my imagination? Only time would tell.

I sense his presence as he makes his way up the winding staircase, the commotion of the Black Phantom Squid Man he encounters echoes through the halls and into my lair. Through the sounds I can visualize the encounter of the mighty warrior, as he casts a plague mist spell on the wretched beast that guards my entrance. He retreats and lets the crippling status effect do it's work until finally he stands just outside my door. He casts his defensive spells then infiltrates my domain. I immediately greet him with my very own plague spell, a greeting he also returns to me.

Already aware of his tactics, I quickly nullify the effect with a miracle herb then press forward to him, both hands on sword to test this braves souls defenses. We exchange a few swing and his guard is tight, however as if he was being drowned by the pressure of my fighting spirit he rolls to the side in a desperate attempt to gasp for air. However I quickly follow up and unleash a barrage of swings and before I knew it, another soul had been consumed by me. Disgraceful! I say to myself. Of the various warriors I've faced as the slave to the old monk, none had fallen by my sword as fast as this one. While it may have taken him an eternity to reach my domain, our battle last not even longer then an average punk bands song time. This dogs bark turned out to be worse then his bite.
    Last edited by AC9breaker; Oct 15, 2009 at 08:42 AM.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    However a lot of people seem to disconnect soon as I get into their worlds, and some even get downright nasty sending me messages via PSN. When they could very easily go into soul form to do their stage and avoid being invaded all out together. My search for souls to pray is for the most part a fruitless endeavor.
    See, this would piss me off. I love every idea of this game, even the brutal death penalty, and realistically it's not like your going around killing these folks for the hell of it, there is a reason obviously. People getting pissed off at you because you are killing them is seriously stupid since it's more the game's fault than anything else. Which I like, because this game has some seriously awesome multiplayer ideas. People getting pissed that you invaded there game is like sports players getting into verbal abuse because the other teams player scored on them. Well obviously your going to do this, its in the rules and beneficial to you, there is nothing stopping them from doing the same.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

What happens if you play without being connected to PSN? Are you prevented from progressing?

Nah, for that particular boss fight an AI controlled Phantom is summoned if your offline. You don't have to be online to play, if you already know what to do then no big need to play online. You can do everything and anything you can do online, offline except for raid other peoples games or summon help when your in human form of course.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Nah, for that particular boss fight an AI controlled Phantom is summoned if your offline. You don't have to be online to play, if you already know what to do then no big need to play online. You can do everything and anything you can do online, offline except for raid other peoples games or summon help when your in human form of course.
    Good to hear. I've been told that one of the boss encounters is where you have to battle another player. I was worried that if I pick up the game in a few months I'll keep get matched with veteran players and get my ass handed to me every time.

Oh man, I'd love to pick up and try this game if I wasn't broke. ;|
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Pick it up when you do have money.
    Perfect Spiral | Beast
    Cygnus | Newman
    Enders | Cast

or sneak into a gamsestop Catherine Zeta Jones, Entrapment like and steal yourself a copy of the game. Remember, Gamestop theft is the only Victim-less crime.

I've been so busy playing this game I haven't had time to post anything about it.

The halloween event - setting all worlds to 100% evil - was pure brutality! I had to be so horribly cheap to get anywhere against the named black phantoms, extra-tough enemies thrown into areas I thought I knew, and waves of invaders enjoying a power boost from world tendency. It was sick, I spent all of saturday getting my ass kicked in every way imaginable... finally hit my stride on sunday and leveled like a madman on the boosted soul rewards once I had enough gameplay experience to walk into the tougher levels (with the EXACT SAME CHARACTER who was getting his face owned before) and eke out a win.

If you have a PS3 you need this game. So incredibly immersive.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Swordmaster Satsuki must have racked up a lot of kills this weekend. I took the opportunity to get Black world tendency events done with my new character kill all named black phantoms and primeval demons save for the ones in stage 5. Then used the trick where you kill the black phantom and primeval demon to boost your world tendency and get a pure white world so I can complete the pure white world events.