Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kirtblue View Post
    that make sense its good to have a balanced team and if your gunna spend alot of time playing with them sounds like a good idea

what are you gunna do for the other two characters?
    Either a HUcast/Caseal and then a FOmar/Marl. I want one of each race and class, so that fulfills it. Plus, I've always found that Hunters benefit least from Resta and Anti, since the cast time plus the fact that your at the front lines ends up leading to alot of interrupted casting. Mates are instant though, and thus you can get knocked down, press a button and be ready for the next pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    If you want to play a male character while keeping that fairly good Resta, you can--there aren't any race/gender differences in technique caps this time (except that androids don't get them, of course). Both the RAmar and RAmarl get Foie, Barta, Zonde, Resta, Anti, Jellen, and Zalure up to to level 10, if memory serves (10 is not so bad; the techniques only go up to level 15 in PS0, unlike the 30 in PSO; and bear in mind that Rafoie, Rabarta, and Razonde are all actually the same techniques as Foie, Barta, and Zonde, respectively; you just charge them to cast their AoE versions).
    Actually, I want to play a RAmarl also because apparently most people that want to go ranger are going RAmar, and I want to try and use a more unique character. Also, I like their design a bit more than the RAmars.

Honestly though, I'd much rather use a RAnewm or RAnewhearl, but apparently PSZ is all about the Hunter lovin' what with all 6 character classes and race combos. I mean, dont get me wrong I understand why Sega wont put Newmen in the ranger class because casts cant be in the force class, but traditionally Newman have higher ATA and EVP then other class, so they would seem to make more sense as a ranger than Humans do even.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Actually, I want to play a RAmarl also because apparently most people that want to go ranger are going RAmar, and I want to try and use a more unique character. Also, I like their design a bit more than the RAmars.
    That makes sense, too, though I kind of envy the cowboy hat.

Honestly though, I'd much rather use a RAnewm or RAnewhearl, but apparently PSZ is all about the Hunter lovin' what with all 6 character classes and race combos. I mean, dont get me wrong I understand why Sega wont put Newmen in the ranger class because casts cant be in the force class, but traditionally Newman have higher ATA and EVP then other class, so they would seem to make more sense as a ranger than Humans do even.
    I found it a little odd that RAnewms/RAnewes weren't added, too; the only reason CASTs can't be forces is because they can't cast techs period (outside of the Phantasy Star Universe continuity and the old Phantasy Star III, anyway).
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    the only reason CASTs can't be forces is because they can't cast techs period (outside of the Phantasy Star Universe continuity).
    SHHHHHHHHHHH.....

We don't talk about PSU here. We like to pretend it never existed.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

i agree newmans should be rangers that would be awesome maybe they will add that if there is ever a sequel that and proportions adjustment would be nice fat chance on a sequel though

chibi newman rangers will be the future roflmao

SHHHHHHHHHHH.....

We don't talk about PSU here. We like to pretend it never existed.
    Hey, some of us still play it. And will be playing its next installment, PSP2 (I'm actually more excited for that than I am for PS0, but PS0 still looks like it'll be plenty worth my time while I'm waiting for that to come along).
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

i think what he is trying to say is this thread and whole section is for ps0 and that there is other sections if you wanna talk about psu as is there a section for psp

I plan on smelling the book first.

By the way I made this thread a couple of weeks ago but you pushed it to Page 2 with your awesome necro skills Kirt.

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

I plan on continuing the legacy of the "DRIVE Project" (reference to a fanfic of mine), and making a HUcast. After that, straight to story mode for a casual playthrough, then to online mode with my friend Jeff. Hilarity will certainly ensue.

As for what Arikado said, I, too, cannot resist the "new game smell", and will probably do the same thing (involuntarily).

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post

By the way I made this thread a couple of weeks ago but you pushed it to Page 2 with your awesome necro skills Kirt.
    lol "just doing what i can with what i got"

Probably will make my character and start single player on the ride home (yay for the bus!). Play through a few levels to get used to the controls and flow of the game, and sometime in the afternoon hop online and play with people until the sun begins to rise the following day... at least, that's what I used to do in PSO.

Hehe, can't wait to go to a McDonalds or Jack-in-the-Box and play online with fatty burgers and free refills. I don't know why but that has been a goal of mine since I heard restaurants were doing free WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll be smelling it, though I'll be giving it a good look through with many "Oooo's", "Ahhhh's", and nostalgic moments following.