Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone here play PSZero?

I got the game back when it first came out, and got to 93 on my FOnewm. With the US version coming out soon, and lots of people I know getting it, I'd like to hit 60 on my RAcast (he's 49 at the moment). However, out of all the people I played with when I got the game, there's only one person who I see online. So, are many people here active, or should I just continue soloing offline?

Why waste your time doing something you can do in about 10 days, in english?

EDIT: I think you should just play offline until Nov 10th to kill some time.

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

When I get PSZ, i'm going to solo to get the hang of the controls(unless they're the same as PSO), and level up a bit. BTW, has anyone heard from KreaK?

i just dont understand why people still play the japanese version when the american version is around the corner

This might be a bit off topic, but there is something of a conundrum were going to face when the game comes out here in the US.

I'm assuming there are alot of people out there like myself that want to hop online as soon as they can to play the game with folks from this board. That would be great, except that from what I understand you cant actually unlock later stages by playing multiplayer. Player 1 has to have them unlocked already.

This could be addressed by simply having the folks who get the game earlier playing through as much of story mode as possible until the rest of us get the game. Even then though you have the annoying fact that those people will be a bit over leveled for the areas everyone else would be playing with them, or the new players will be under leveled for the later areas.

Kind of annoying, it would have been nice if you could just play through the whole game in online like PSO. But eh, you cant have everything I guess.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I bought a japanese PSZero, and don't want to buy it again, so I'm not getting the english game. Other people I know are, and I don't want to debate whether I want to support them with my FO or help level up my cast.

So, back to my original question, is there anyone here who still plays and would be willing to help me get to 60?

@ Shino: Are you the same Shino I played with on the IRC earlier this year?

@ Arikado: If I wanted to kill time I'd turn on my Gamecube and play online.

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Kind of annoying, it would have been nice if you could just play through the whole game in online like PSO. But eh, you cant have everything I guess.
    From what i'm assuming, you can "beat" the game online without having the stages unlocked, the thing is next game you make you won't have them unlocked, you have to play offline to have them permanently unlocked. (Exactly like PSO, can't unlock maps online, gotta do it offline.)

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    From what i'm assuming, you can "beat" the game online without having the stages unlocked, the thing is next game you make you won't have them unlocked, you have to play offline to have them permanently unlocked. (Exactly like PSO, can't unlock maps online, gotta do it offline.)
    Can anyone confirm this? It would be great if it were true.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by JapansRobo View Post
    I bought a japanese PSZero, and don't want to buy it again, so I'm not getting the english game. Other people I know are, and I don't want to debate whether I want to support them with my FO or help level up my cast.

So, back to my original question, is there anyone here who still plays and would be willing to help me get to 60?

@ Shino: Are you the same Shino I played with on the IRC earlier this year?

@ Arikado: If I wanted to kill time I'd turn on my Gamecube and play online.
    i dont know if i played with you. there was this other shino in the irc which isnt me kuz i always use xshinox. why wont you buy the american version? you will be missing out on the translated story, items, etc.

as for the level unlocking, you MUST play story mode and progress far in it to unlock levels for multiplayer.

I can read what the translated story is online, since I have no doubt someone will post it.

I was Raphael on the IRC, and had a FOnewm with that name in Japanese. I don't remember which of the Shinos I played with, though, because my memory is that bad.