Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SR-16 Packing RAmar

On 2003-02-23 19:03, ABDUR101 wrote:
    On 2003-02-23 18:58, IronKnight wrote:
    The only prob I see with it is Snapple actually saying "nyan nyan" over and over on voice chat. But, that's what the negative feedback button is for!
    If you think Snapple would be a voice chat nuisance, God help anyone who is within ear-shot of me while in-game. 0_o

As for finding intelligent people to play with..well..thats a hit and miss each time you go online. I have to lament with Sean though, back on the Vers 1 and 2 days, there was quite the abundance of people to play with. Alot of the people you could just jump into a game with and have fun, and thats when you could lose both meseta and your weapons if they picked them up.

All in all, just find some people you can relate to, go in-game and if they are fun to play with, make it a usual thing to play with them in locked games.

And try different ships/blocks/lobbies, you never know who you might meet. =)
    I refuse to play in locked games... Ruins the community aspect of PSO IMO. Always have and always will play in open games. Oh and ABDUR i'm sure you can't be nearly as annoying as catgirl (or guy?). I used to post on this board under another name but got shut out for some mod bashing... I still think you're the coolest mod on this board

Atleast i don't think most people will *say* "omg wtf stfu n00b" over voice chat. So that's a good thing.

PSO Assassin

Just don't go to Vega - the first ship is mostly filled with the ghetto/hacker/jerk type of people, just like Oberon was on DC PSO. It's hard enough to find anyone decent to play with over there. I usually only play on Antares/08 or Deneb/09, where most people are friendly and aren't like "No0bs sux0r" or something like that.

- CKTurbo

SR-16 Packing RAmar

On 2003-02-23 19:11, CKTurbo wrote:
    Just don't go to Vega - the first ship is mostly filled with the ghetto/hacker/jerk type of people, just like Oberon was on DC PSO. It's hard enough to find anyone decent to play with over there. I usually only play on Antares/08 or Deneb/09, where most people are friendly and aren't like "No0bs sux0r" or something like that.

- CKTurbo
    I find it funny how ppl on those servers consider themselves "ghetto" just they are playing on a $200 entertainment system paying $9 a month to play a game. They prolly feel bad cause daddy didn't let em borrow the Beamer this weekend XD

I haven't really run into too many jerks but I haven't played in a while because my disk whent nuts and stopped working so I got hooked up in Skies of Arcadia (just beat it today). I've come to the conclusion that the annoying people who like to be jerks are lazy so they enter one of the first Vega blocks because they can do so quickly. Just go to other ships, there aren't as many people but they are friendlier.

so people online have all turned in to jerks huh doesn't sound good for me and it is anythig like diablo i will be getting called a noob alot of the time and it sucks being called a noob just because i did know was a godly item was (at the time)

well i feel better now you guys and a hot shower helped cept that cat Girl Crack >.>
    my highest leveled Character Happens to be one i don't concider her Annoying. and i don't get how a lvl 135 can get called a noob isn't that just something you don't say?and well i feel as if my HUnewearl (a reincarnation on my DC character v.v rest her lvl 72 data file) is a close to a FO without being in the class if only there was a way i could get a reverser then i'd be the happiest HU on the net. once again thank you i shall start going to the offical PSOW ship.
    i hope i can meet some of you there

My advice?

Avoid Antares 8 like you do Vega 1.

Search through Altair and Deneb. I find I have the most fun playing there. And, it does help if you have a friend online who has the game.

But, seriously. Antares 8 is identical to Vega 1 now, despite what most would want you to think. Most of the people who recommend Antares 8 are sad flies who want to feel as if they belong to something. =*D

Antares 8 isn't all that bad (besides the petty Legit/duper arguments, but I can usually look past that) most of the people I've met are fairly decent.

Well, agree with Abdur. It's hit and miss. Sometimes you'll find the epitomy, of what you would consider a good gamer, or partner. Other times, you run into an armada of people using double cannons and dreamcast mags. Killing everything in sight for miles. And your sitting there with a buster in your hand.... Asking... "Wtf...?" So, it's all a matter of chance. Like a bad slot machine. Or maybe a good one. All depends. As for the community in general, only certain people, care if it degrades or not. Fortunatly, I care. So, when I meet a good player, I help them out, if they ask me for help with c-mode, whatever, i'm there to back them up.

You just have to find the right people. Like walking into the mall, in a crowd, and seeing those exceptional few, that you might enjoy hanging out with. And that may enjoy your company. And yes, Vega is the home of lamers. Most of the time anyways. But, if anyone ever wants to get any game going, normal-Ultimate. And C-modes. Even a couple battles. I'm up for it. ^_^

The one and only... -DB-
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...