Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Well GCS. But if I get the feeling that something might be up, I'll install Avast! to do a quick scan. It lags all my other stuff to warrant me having it for long.

For Firefox I use NoScript and WoT (though WoT just further confirms my gut feeling about sites). And once again GCS.

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    Oh how much you don't know.
    I don't use my computer enough besides going on here and Youtube. AVG is actually good. I was jk about Viruses only being in "Dirty Stuff" if that's what you mean though. I do realize you can get them from anywhere.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I don't use my computer enough besides going on here and Youtube. AVG is actually good. I was jk about Viruses only being in "Dirty Stuff" if that's what you mean though. I do realize you can get them from anywhere.
    What he's saying is you can be the most careful person in the world and only go to "known" "good" sites, but viruses will sneak onto your computer regardless of how hard you try.

Another heads up to people who end up playing the IT guy for their friends/family. If their computer is REALLY fucked up, get ComboFix. Be careful though. ComboFix is like using a nuke to kill a mosquito, and it takes no prisoners. Sometimes it zaps certain files that may cause certain things to malfunction, but I've used it myself and it's saved my ass on several systems I had to clean out.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    What he's saying is you can be the most careful person in the world and only go to "known" "good" sites, but viruses will sneak onto your computer regardless of how hard you try.

Another heads up to people who end up playing the IT guy for their friends/family. If their computer is REALLY fucked up, get ComboFix. Be careful though. ComboFix is like using a nuke to kill a mosquito, and it takes no prisoners. Sometimes it zaps certain files that may cause certain things to malfunction, but I've used it myself and it's saved my ass on several systems I had to clean out.
    Exactly why I posted the comment above yours lol which I'll Re-post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I was jk about Viruses only being in "Dirty Stuff" if that's what you mean though. I do realize you can get them from anywhere.
    I do understand that Viruses can come from anywhere and in any form. I've actually had a Virus before so I am careful not to make that mistake ever again.
    Last edited by Delete; Nov 10, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    A friend of mine recommended that I get this, but I heard mixed things about it. Is it any good?
    It can be a pain in the ass to set up, but once you've given permission for scripts to run on safe sites, it's a lot harder for viruses to download themselves onto your comp, since most use scripts to do so. So if you have any patience, it's pretty useful.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    I don't like antivirus programs because they're RAM hogs. I manually remove viruses myself.

I use NoScript but a lot of people don't like it because it's kind of overkill. It can be annoying because you have to unblock scripts that sites need to run.
    Even the pro ones?

...I guess if you still have a 512MB RAM computer they are, yeah...

Speaking of which, my Avast! scans my computer 24/7 and barely uses more than 2MB ram. I have 2 GB of ram and don't notice any sort of slowdown, and that's pretty rough RAM for a computer running Windows 7.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz