Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If you like old school so much, perhaps you remember the old school Roleplaying games where if you died you dropped your entire inventory. That was OLD SCHOOL for me....

I don't consider grinding weapons to be a viable accomplishment for the reason that you pop in the grinder and you let them game decide whether you succeed or fail. I prefer controlling my own destiny and determining for myself by my own actions and not a random number generator between 0 and 100 telling me whether I succeed or fail. Even a gambler has to know how to bluff playing poker so its not just all in the chips....and I prefer not believing in FATE that my synth will come out "Good" or my grind will work as an "accomplishment".

Hell...you ever have to throw in a Grind Boost to try to control the grinding percentage because of how many players are against normal grinding outside of a boost and that is universal agreement that its an unfair system.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

To each his/her own and I respect your opinion. The actual accomplishment to me is farming enough (24 Pakudac[b]s and 26 rattlesnac[b]s) to synth and grind to get some to 10/10. And yes it would be the same with the way it used to destroy your wep completely....I was there for that experience as well. That is the only way to "accomplish" grinding a few 10/10's IMO is having enough to break

As I was saying though... paying to have a deffinite +8 just seems like cheating to me

EDIT: sorry to have gone a bit astray on ur PC but I felt a reason for the PC would make some sense as well. It still stands at 300mil is what I think you could get at 0/10. I wish you all the luck
    Last edited by Tianna; Nov 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM.
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Tianna: Lvl 160 F Cast..GM 20, FM 15, PT 15, FG 20, FF 15, Fg 10
    Sierra Fawn: Lvl 50 F Human..FF 11
    Witch Weigh: Lvl 75 F Newman..FT 14
    April A. Wine: Lvl 42 F Beast..FF 11

Simple and to the point trade list here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151882

Its fine...these threads exist for many reasons...The farming of 24 pakudacs and 26 rattlesnacs......is the accomplishment. ^_^ Thank you for the reply.
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

If they were to put base S's in the NPC shop, I think there would be alot more grinding outside the boosts on our server. IMHO, most people dont grind much outside the boosts is because the shortage of S+10's. During the boosts, I only used S+10's on the 9th and 10th grind(got many 10/10's that way). In the regular percentage, u have to use a S+10 to go to 7 meaning, u have to use more S+10's.

Also, how random it is to make a S+10. I guess it could be like making a 50%. I've seen a person make 1000 grinders and only come out with 30 S+10's. I've also seen a person make 50 grinders and make 20 S+10's.

I will say this though, grinding is still one of the most funnest things still on here.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Even after losing my Sn/g to the poor grinds, I still love the system.
    Sure, I would have liked at least the Sn/g to go to 10, but that's the thrill.
    You don't know what your gonna get. PSU adrenaline I guess.

That is what I mean. The purpose of Damage is to translate into the number of hits or combo sections needed to kill an enemy. I like to grind during events and last event I had around 40 - 50 S+10 and a Stack of S+9s going into the grind boost.

Of course, you make a good point Megalodon....which is an even better reason to put the S bases in the Shop itself given the percentages to attain S+10s and the risk associated with them out of events are high.

For some strange reason....I seem to have some luck making S+10s and S+9s..

Hey, what grinder is good to use for Mid-Grinds? S+8 during events?

each boost i've done this

Grind 1 and 2 - S+1-7
    Grind 3 to 7 - S+9
    Grind 9 and 10 - S+10
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Does this also hold true for the top rares in each category...like Agito Repca, Spread Needle, Adana Cannon...or do you put more S+10s in there because of how hard they are to come by if they break?

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    each boost i've done this

Grind 1 and 2 - S+1-7
    Grind 3 to 7 - S+9
    Grind 9 and 10 - S+10
    Tryed this and broke may blackbulls going to 8-10 but never got a 10 one.

Grinding is all a matter of probability and statistics (luck)

No amount of Grinder Dances, PM sacrifices, and Lucky Charms will guarantee you anything