Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eternal Tower.

Default Eternal Tower.

Anyone else beaten it yet? I did yesterday on Normal, was pretty intense.

... Howcome no one said you couldn't go back in town while climbing it?

Anyways yeah, was pretty hardcore but I managed, now it's time to do quests on Hard! :P

Took me like... 4-6 hours. (On Normal.)

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

I've tried it a couple times, but never finished it (I kept getting interrupted by phone calls, friends wanting to play Wi-Fi, etc). You said it took 4-6 hours on Normal? I have a couple questions:

What level are you? How long did each room take you, on average (give me a rough estimate)?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I've tried it a couple times, but never finished it (I kept getting interrupted by phone calls, friends wanting to play Wi-Fi, etc). You said it took 4-6 hours on Normal? I have a couple questions:

What level are you? How long did each room take you, on average (give me a rough estimate)?
    Rooms were pretty easy, some of them were harder but not really hard, the challenge is really having the patience to finish the tower.

I started I was like errr... not too sure, lv35+ or something, went in there with maxed items, remember you can't exit so you gotta use your items carefully.

... Man I was pissed like, I was at the 97th floor, stressed like hell, then my friends dragged me, had to put my DS on sleep mode, finished it when I came back though. :P

EDIT: Bro-tip: Use tactics, they help a lot, let's say everyone's HP is low, set the tactics to the "be careful" one or whatever, Sarisa should heal everyone almost full and cast a shifta/deband on top of that, remember to always set it back at "Attack all out!" though. (Or whatever it's called.)

---

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    Use tactics, they help a lot, let's say everyone's HP is low, set the tactics to the "be careful" one or whatever, Sarisa should heal everyone almost full and cast a shifta/deband on top of that, remember to always set it back at "Attack all out!" though. (Or whatever it's called.)

Yeah, I know. I almost always have my NPCs on "Safety First!". I'll try using some tactics, but odds are I won't need to (I'm level 53, and can already stomp through Hard mode). Though, I do recall the bosses/"Mother" drones gave me a bit of a tough time, even on Normal.

Yeah, I beat the Tower on normal too, and I was just as stressed. I had other things to do, so I had to keep setting my DS on sleep mode. Took a good 6 hours.

On a really exciting note, though, I did about 20 floors of hard mode and found a Rappy Soul! The thing I love about this game is, just when you start to get a little bored, some amazing item drops into your lap to keep the excitement going.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Unless its changed, you can go back to town after fighting the sub boss every ten floors, just use the warp, buy or bank whatever you want, then use the warp to go back. You can't however save and quit at any point as it won't save how far you are in the tower.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Unless its changed, you can go back to town after fighting the sub boss every ten floors, just use the warp, buy or bank whatever you want, then use the warp to go back. You can't however save and quit at any point as it won't save how far you are in the tower.
    Oh wow, wish I knew that earlier, couldn't NPC all my drops, made no sense. :/

Thanks for the tip. :P

EDIT: Hard Mode sure is hard, can barely kill the Dragon @ lv45.

---

You could also get killed to go back to town :P

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    You could also get killed to go back to town :P
    Wait, you mean you don't have to start all over if you die?

Wish I knew earlier.

---

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

I don't find death an issue in the Tower, unless you are really under levelled. The only enemy is the length. :l
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -