Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Gamefly Sale - $10 or Less Xbox 360 and Wii Games (Ends 11/23)

We're going to start trying to post a little more general gaming news here on PSO-World, in an effort to supplement the Phantasy Star information we already cover. We know most of you are into other games and platforms, so hopefully this is something that will make your visits here even more enjoyable

With the holidays approaching, there are going to be some great deals out there on video games and consoles. Being the resident bargain hunter of the staff, I'll be trying to tip you guys off when I see something that I genuinely think is a great deal. So, let's get to our first of many deals to come...

Gamefly is having a big sale right now on pre-played games, with a huge list of Xbox 360 and Wii games for $10 or less each AND free shipping. If you don't know what Gamefly is, they are a Netflix-like rental service that deal exclusively with games. I personally use their service and I think they are awesome.

The nice thing about buying pre-played games from Gamefly is that the case and manual always come in mint condition (they are not rented out with the discs). The discs are typically in excellent shape as well.

If you're looking for some cheap games to keep you busy during the winter months, here's the full list of games on sale:
    Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust $4.99
    Condemned 2: Bloodshot $6.99
    Dark Sector $6.99
    Fracture $7.99
    Stoked $7.99
    Fight Night: Round 3 $7.99
    Turok $7.99
    NCAA Basketball 09 $8.99
    Damnation $9.99
    Ninja Gaiden 2 $9.99
    Stormrise $9.99
    Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $9.99
    Far Cry 2 $9.99
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames $9.99
    Pure $9.99
    Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 $9.99
    Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy $9.99
    Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock $9.99
    Shellshock 2: Blood Trails $9.99
    Sonic Unleashed $9.99
    Virtua Tennis 2009 $9.99
    WALL-E $9.99

Block Party $6.99
    AMF Bowling World Lanes $6.99
    Big Beach Sports $6.99
    Escape the Museum $6.99
    Yamaha Supercross $6.99
    Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $7.99
    Brothers in Arms: Double Time $7.99
    Disney's Bolt $7.99
    FaceBreaker K.O. Party $7.99
    Family Party: 30 Great Games $7.99
    Grey's Anatomy $7.99
    Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball $7.99
    Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure $7.99
    Solitaire & Mahjong $7.99
    Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed $7.99
    Cooking Mama: Cook Off $9.99
    Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $9.99
    The Price is Right $9.99
    Up $9.99
    Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars $9.99
    Cake Mania: In the Mix! $9.99
    Deer Drive $9.99
    Don King Boxing $9.99
    Game Party $9.99
    Let's Tap $9.99
    Mario Power Tennis $9.99
    NBA Live 09 All-Play $9.99
    Tomb Raider Underworld $9.99
    Vacation Sports $9.99
    Virtua Tennis 2009 $9.99
    Some of these will likely sell out (and perhaps some already have). Feel free to discuss which games you think are worth picking up... I see at least two or three that will be getting added to my collection
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Nov 21, 2009 at 02:11 AM.

I see a bunch of Xbox360 games on that list that are actually really fun (some I know from experience, others from word-of-mouth). Some games on that list I, personally, would suggest (the games that are very much worth the bargain prices):

Condemned 2
    Dark Sector
    Fracture (I played the demo a while ago; It's quite fun)
    Far Cry 2 (definitely worth the price)
    Mercenaries 2 (also worth the price)
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Sonic Unleashed (Yeah, I said it)

I agree that those are some good ones Olaf. I actually have all of the ones you suggested, except Fracture and Sonic Unleashed (I know, I am ashamed and will now have to buy it).

I can also personally recommend PURE (a VERY fun off-road racing game). Fight Night Round 3 was a lot of fun as well, and a really easy 1000 achievement points.

Sadly, my Wii has been collecting a lot of dust lately, so I'll have to let somebody else suggest some good titles from that list. I have a feeling that Bond and Mario Power Tennis would be decent choices, though.

Edit: Looks like PURE has sold out already, but it may come back in stock before this sale is over, so keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; Nov 21, 2009 at 02:16 AM.

I actually really enjoyed the Sonic Unleashed demo . It seemed like a step back towards the classic Sonic games (at least the demo level did), but with a modern twist.

Also, I'll have to look into Pure sometime, though I'm not big on racing games. But, who knows when one game will change your view of an entire genre?

Lastly, I know what you mean about the Wii. I got mine a long time ago, and the only game I have for it is Brawl. I just haven't seen any games that interest me for it (though I must admit that I really want to play a Fire Emblem game, seeing as I never have before).

EDIT: *looks at the Wii game list in original post* Hmm...I wonder if you can play as Curtz in "AMF Bowling World Lanes"?
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Nov 21, 2009 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I see a bunch of Xbox360 games on that list that are actually really fun (some I know from experience, others from word-of-mouth). Some games on that list I, personally, would suggest (the games that are very much worth the bargain prices):

Condemned 2
    Dark Sector
    Far Cry 2 (definitely worth the price)
    Mercenaries 2 (also worth the price)
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    For the price, I have to agree with your choices except I actually have most of those games already. The only game that I didn't care much for was Condemned 2. But That's another story lol.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Wow. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Sonic Unleashed, both for $10?

That's a really, really good deal. Both are great games.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The only game worth anything on that list is Farcry 2 if its the fully patched version. I wouldn't waste my time with any of them on console....but i like the fact that many who were not able to get them before are able to afford them today.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Russia's Greatest Love Machine Rasputin's Avatar

Ninja Gaiden 2

Also, posting in a TomeeTopic

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Ninja Gaiden 2

Also, posting in a TomeeTopic
    Gotta collect 'em all! (TomeeTopics)

Thanks for this news I have been wanting to buy Ninja Gaiden 2 and Fight Night Round 3 but they were too expensive.