Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Having Hard Time with HUnewearl. D:

I'm completely lost on what to do with my HUnewearl and what exactly she excels in. I don't know if I feel comfortable looking around at old PSO material to get an idea, because I'm not sure if they are similar in this game or not.

As far as I know, HUnewearls are "hybrids" that can do a little bit of everything, but not good at anything. I'm a fan of techniques, but I'm not a fan of FOnewearls and or FOmarls (okay okay, I don't like what they did with the models in Zero. I LOVE the HUnewearl model though. ).

With a full 100 Mind mag, can I play my HUnewearl as a force?

What the heck does HUnewearls excel in?

I'm looking for any advice and or direction to take this character.

Thank you so much.

Your strength as a HUnewearl is that nothing can even touch you. Though you'll have the highest MST for a hunter, it'd be wasted on trying to be a FO because you'll still be doing more damage as melee. You will however have some great resta and s/d to pump you up. My advice would be adding mostly POW to your mag, maybe a bit of extra hit or evade to make you totally untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephton View Post
    Your strength as a HUnewearl is that nothing can even touch you. Though you'll have the highest MST for a hunter, it'd be wasted on trying to be a FO because you'll still be doing more damage as melee. You will however have some great resta and s/d to pump you up. My advice would be adding mostly POW to your mag, maybe a bit of extra hit or evade to make you totally untouchable.
    Thank you so much. I was completely mislead by reading up on how we have high MST, so I was like, wait, are we supposed to be a Force too or some sort?

Thanks again!

FOs have added tech bonuses, and that makes a HUGE difference in how powerful their techniques are. Unfortunately, hunters and rangers don't...so I'd rather save the pp for PAs over techs (buffs are great though). My sister plays a HUnewearl too and i must say, she's got great evasion and pp!
    Last edited by FOrulz; Nov 23, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawndus View Post
    Thank you so much. I was completely mislead by reading up on how we have high MST, so I was like, wait, are we supposed to be a Force too or some sort?

Thanks again!
    No problem, I personally like both the HUnewman classes.

Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

I'm using a HUnewn as a second char, and I can say a couple of things:

- Newman Hunters have rather good ATP and MST, so their weapon of choice should be Slicers, their last being the Kouga Shuriken ( Heaven lv2 - high chance to instant kill ), Kouga Shuriken has extremely good MST and EVP bonuses as well.

- Since Newman Hunters have high SP and SP regeneration, they are the best candidates to spam PA's ( Photon Arts, or Charged Attacks ).

- Since you're a HUnewearl, you can use an awesome ultimate armor, Rika's Suit ( extremely high evasion bonuses, even higher if you use the Rika's Set ).

- If you want to be an almost invincible machine, you can do a full-EVP HUnewearl ( MST Mag, EVP materials, EVP armor ) with a Shield as a weapon ( Emeraldfield as an example ) and using Barrier Shift. HUnewearl's godlike evasion + EVP Materials + EVP Armor + Shield + Barrier Shift's invincibility makes you almost impossible to kill ... of course, your attack will suck, but you can be a awesome buffer / healer that way.

HUnewearl's are quite fragile ... so you should just buff what they have best: evasion.
    Last edited by Chaotik; Nov 23, 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotik View Post

- Newman Hunters have rather good ATP and MST, so their weapon of choice should be Slicers, their last being the Kouga Shuriken ( Heaven lv2 - high chance to instant kill ), Kouga Shuriken has extremely good MST and EVP bonuses as well.

- Since Newman Hunters have high SP and SP regeneration, they are the best candidates to spam PA's ( Photom Arts, or Charged Attacks ).

- Since you're a HUnewearl, you can use an awesome ultimate armor, Rika's Suit ( extremely high evasion bonuses, even still higher if you use the Rika's Set ).

- If you want to be an almost invincible machine, you can do a full-EVP HUnewearl ( MST Mag, EVP materials, EVP armor ) with a Shield as a weapon ( Emeraldfield as an example ) and using Barrier Shift. HUnewearl's godlike evasion + EVP Materials + EVP Armor + Shield + Barrier Shift's invincibility makes you almost impossible to kill ... of course, your attack will suck, but you can be a awesome buffer / healer that way.

HUnewearl's are quite fragile ... so you should just buff what they are best: Their evasion.
    I was literally just about to step in here and ask what my recommended weapon should be. So, slicers. I read on another topic that slicers are sort of, force type weapon. Should I be doing a full MST Mag then for max Slicer damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotik View Post

- Since Newman Hunters have high SP and SP regeneration, they are the best candidates to spam PA's ( Photon Arts, or Charged Attacks ).

- Since you're a HUnewearl, you can use an awesome ultimate armor, Rika's Suit ( extremely high evasion bonuses, even higher if you use the Rika's Set ).

HUnewearl's are quite fragile ... so you should just buff what they have best: evasion.
    No no no... that's totally pointless. HUnewearls aren't gonna be doing good damage AT ALL with a slicer in comparison to a hunter weapon. If you wanna be doing good damage with a slicer then just get a FOnewearl... >.>

However, shields are quite good on newman hunters. But really, they're hunters, adding MST materials or mags is really going to cripple them.

No no no... that's totally pointless. HUnewearls aren't gonna be doing good damage AT ALL with a slicer in comparison to a hunter weapon. If you wanna be doing good damage with a slicer then just get a FOnewearl... >.>

However, shields are quite good on newman hunters. But really, they're hunters, adding MST materials or mags is really going to cripple them.
    Ahh, now I'm more confused. What is the weapon of choice for HUnewearl?

Yes, but they are Newmans as well.

Let's compare:

MST Mag + Slicer + MSTmaterials
    VS
    ATP Mag + DoubleSword + ATPmaterials

I found that I easily do more damage with a MST Slicer HUnewearl than with a DoubleSword ... why don't you try? You can be surprised. And since Newman Hunters are so fragile, ranged weapons are for the best ( the added chance of instant kill from most slicers are a must if you count them ).

Yet again, those are opinions.

EDIT: oh ... I meant ATP Mag here: " If you want to be an almost invincible machine, you can do a full-EVP HUnewearl ( ATP Mag, EVP materials, EVP armor ) " but a DEF mag can also be used if you want to go the "almost untouchable Buffer / Healer HUnewearl" path.

I think MST also adds to Magical Defense, btw
    Last edited by Chaotik; Nov 23, 2009 at 03:33 PM.