Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Shields

Default Using Shields

Who uses them? The only real benefit I can see is the boosted elemental occurrence.

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

It seems to be of some use for blocking otherwise difficult to dodge boss attacks. For example, i was playing with a japanese player the other day who would switch to a shield to block Reyburn's spiral charge, rather than attempting to roll out of the way.
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

Quote Originally Posted by Itchee View Post
    It seems to be of some use for blocking otherwise difficult to dodge boss attacks. For example, i was playing with a japanese player the other day who would switch to a shield to block Reyburn's spiral charge, rather than attempting to roll out of the way.
    I never thought about using it for Reyburn. Will definitely try on my HUnewm.

I guess it could be useful as well for when Humilias splits and is invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

Another nice thing about them is the Def boost you get from equiping them. Also they hit multiple targets unlinke most wepons in the game.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    Also they hit multiple targets unlinke most wepons in the game.
    Really... I never knew lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Epically Leet View Post
    Don't take dumps in public restrooms. When you least expect it, something'll come up from the toilet and bite you in the butt.

They're basically cheat sheets against bosses that you're too lazy to try and dodge their attacks with.

That's it really.

Well I play with my siblings mostly and I tell them how to beat a boss by following my tactics hehe. Sometimes I bust out my emeraldfield and spam barrier shift while they kill the boss, it's kinda fun when no one take any damage.
    PSP2 Characters:
    Jun Lv.185 M-Newman H:10 R:11 F:28 V:30
    Shurelia Lv.76 F-Newman H:1 R:1 F:5 V:16

I saw actually saw a FOmar using a shield on Mother Trinity. Even though I was healing (which made his use of the shield purely obsolete/selfish, doing very little damage and not healing), I thought (as a healer/support) it really wouldn't be that bad of an idea to pack a shield for tough bosses (especially as a FOmarl or FOnewrl).

Having someone designated as barrier shift spammer in a party is pretty ridiculous for some bosses. You don't have to worry about taking any damage...at all.
    lol
    "A real man never dies, even when he's killed."
    My PSZ info is in my profile. Leave me a message if you're going to add me, so I can at least add you as well.

The only characters that are able to Barrier Shift Tank are FOs because they're the only ones who have a large enough PP Pool to constantly spam the fuck out of the PA throughout the whole entire battle.

<_>

OP CLASSSSSSSS IS OOPPP