Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Considering importing, but...

I'd like to know how the digital download went for you guys.
    And how you got your yen card codes.
    If I get it, It'll probably be by digital download, from gateway-to-japan.com
    If I can get a few extra bucks though, I'll order the UMD, unfortunately, it's like, 10$ shipping.

Right now, all I have is $40 though.
    I'd really like to play this online, but I need to know what kinda risks come from digital download.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Well mine has worked fine. :P ...except at first I couldn't install the game on my PS3 to be able to copy to my PSP, it kept corrupting during the install... but I deleted it and re-downloaded it and then it installed fine.

So no real problems so far!
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

I had no problems at all, I also downloaded and installed in my PS3, just to have the copy there and not loose it, but I suppose there are no problems if you download it directly to the PSP. I bought the code from that same website and got it in less than an hour, that was last week.

Have you checked yesasia? they offer free shipping, but you know, it could take a month to reach destination... not that I normally care for most of my imports... but that depends on your preferences.

Never mind, just checked, I always forget why I import so much, the euro is very high in value...

I downloaded PS:P2 from media go last night and it took less than 20 minutes. After it was done putting it on my psp i also saved a copy of it on my computer incase some crazy event like my psp gets ran over by a dump truck or meets a toilet for some reason.

I have never had a problem with any PS Store downloads (US or JP) this way and I always have a backup copy of all my games.

Can you only use it on the one PSP?

Edit: I mean, like. Is it linked solidly to the PSP you purchased it with? Like, say my PSP breaks, did I just waste sixty-five bucks on a game I can never play online again?

You can use it on upto 5 PSPs that have been activated using the account that bought it, so no worries there. As its linked to the PSN account you bought it with, rather than a certain PSP or PS3.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Sounds an awful lot like EA. -_- Whatever happened to OWNING things you buy, sheesh.

Welcome to the digital age. :l
    Hey at least Sony have said that hard copies of games "aren't going anywhere soon"... some comfort I guess.

Yes it does stink that you have to lock into 5 psp's but in reality its not all that bad. It works for my wife and i because i only really needed to buy 1 copy of PSP2 and we can play together for the price of one since both our psp's are tied to my account. Shes not much of a gamer besides phantasy star so it works for us.

No problem on my PSn download. Went smoothly like running water...