Default How to Do Efficient Runs Online: CV Style

How to Do Efficent Runs Online: Colon-Vee Style

Bringing some more knowledge to you all in order to help you optimize your runs online with this step by step checklist-guide, by your favorite HUmar, GHNeko.

These are nothing more than a few tips I feel have been on my mind for too long and I'd rather get them out into a thread or something for people to read.

Some of these might be common sense and others you might already be doing. That's perfectly fine.

This is mostly for the newbies. :V

Anywho, let's get this show on the road.

1. Assign Jobs before you do your Run.

When I say this, I mean this. We are limited in palette space. no matter what you say or do. you only have 5 spaces on your action palette. Yes. 5. Not 6. Why 5? Because Roll is mandatory. If you do not use this, you are not very good at this game, or you just dont care to play properly, or something, but at the end of the road, you're doing it wrong if you don't have this on your palette.

So anyway, you have a limited action palette of 5 spaces. Because of this, you can only have so many actions in battle. When you consider that every class/race normally carries an action in which to heal themselves with (Resta for Non-casts, Heal traps/mates for casts), thats 4 spaces you're left with. For a HU/RA, 2 of those are normally Light/Heavy, so thats 2 left for HU/RA and 4 for a FO. Because of this, some things are simply out of immediate grasp when they need to be within reach. (Needing Anti when you dont have Anti on your palette, or needing Shifta/Deband to give you that extra push to succeed)

This is where this bullet comes in. Assign jobs. Have the local FO assign Resta to their palette and designate them as the healer. Have another member assign Anti and keep attention to players status to keep the group in top condition. Have someone with S/D constantly cast buffs to the group. Same with J/Z.

The beauty with S/D/J/Z/Anti is that they are not based on MST in the least, meaning they can be assigned as jobs to any one capable of casting them, but should always be assigned to the person with the highest level of buffs. If you have two FOs designate one for buff and one for debuff. One for anti and one for Resta.

2 Restaers, an Antier, an S/Der, a J/Zer is ideal to have in party.

It might be somewhat awkward at first, but it's easy to get down and even easier to master. Assign jobs before you leave and then play with your role in mind at all times.

This his a good method for teams as not only does it cover all the options you'd normally have accessible to you in PSO via a shortcut menu, but it helps improve your and your friends ability to function as a team and work properly. People who are assigned their jobs that can do them well make runs happen A LOT more smoothly. You can focus less on what is missing and focus more on what's actually important. Getting the job done.

Note:For casts. Keep your freeze traps, burn traps, and heal traps full, but assign freeze/burn traps to your palette. For all cast teams, the same logic applies when it comes to assigning jobs, just with traps. Freeze spam ftw, right?
    2. Hunters, carry 2 weapons on you. Always.

This one goes out for hunters specifically because as awesome as double sabers are, I carry a gunblade on me. Why? Because gunblades are more proficient than double sabers in terms of versatility. They hit fast, can hit multiple enemies, keep up with mobile enemies better, stick elements better, and they dont have DPS to laugh at either. When I come across a specific kind of enemy. I switch to my gunblade for ease of play.

That logic applies to hunters. Carry two weapons to help against enemies that your main weapon proves...lacking against. Got an enemy with high EVP? Switch to something more accurate. An enemy that smacks far and hard? Get something with reach. Something really slow? Get something with high DPS capabilities.

This also includes branching out into RA weaponry as well, leading me into my next tip.
    3. Create weapon-sets for specific runs.

"What? This isnt a normal MMORPG, Neko!"

Yes yes. I understand, but you must understand, this isnt PSO. End game characters vs end game monsters are closer in power than in PSO. You can solo (to my knowledge) SH Dark Shine at level 100 on your own as easy as you could solo Ult TTF or Olga Flow or maximum attack 4 in BB with your level 200.

So to widen that gap a bit, create weapon/equipment sets based on where you're going and/or what boss you're going to fight. If you have good weapons that have percents in Beast, compare that weapons DPS to your current DPS. If it rivals or surpass it. you might just want to think about fortifying it to make it better and using it when you go on runs that consist of mostly beast enemies.
    4. Wait for your partners.

Common courtesy, duh. You can afford to wait like 5 seconds for people to catch up. Take some time to feed your mag or something.
    5. Trap Vision is a GOOD thing to use.

Unfortunately for casts, the potency of Trap Vision as been boosted in PSZ. It allows you to see more than a single room of traps. And anyone who is anyone knows that this is good as PSZ is more trap riddled than EP 2, which was infested with traps (VR Ruins anyone?)

What does this mean? Trap Vision. use it. It will do WONDERS in Dark Shrine and Arca Planet. No lie. They're cheap. Stack in 10s and will seriously stop you from getting it with the gayest traps at the worst times.
    6. Flozir takes priority over ALL PBs. Point. BLANK.

It goes without saying that Flozir is the best PB that PSZ has to offer. No questions asked. When you form a party, figure out who has it. Once you do that, then make sure to donate to that player when that player summons Flozir. Every other PB other than Flozir is insignificant, unfortunately, but is the truth. Always donate to Flozir. If there is more than one Flozir user than pick one of them to be the one casting the Flozir that matters.
    7. Do your misc things on your own time.

What I mean by this is things like, checking new equipment, feeding mags, looking at new items. Stuff like that. Do that when the party ISNT moving. Like before a boss or in town. That stuff CAN slow people down if they wait, or get you left in the dust if they dont. Either way, it's not good for the efficiency of the team. :V

8. Quote Originally Posted by ブルーベリー View Post
      #8: Use your symbol chats for more useful things, and not dicks.
      <3 Blueberry
    9. Optional: Skype it up, son.

For those who have the capability to do so. Use Skype (or teamspeak/xfire/ventrilo/ or what have you) to vocal communicate with teammates while using shortcuts for what they're supposed to be used for. Lulzy art.

Vocal chat + PSZ = everything runs a lot smoother than expected.

These 9 tips once taken integrated into normal play will help your runs go smoother and more efficiently, if not faster on top of that.

These tips are NOT REQUIRED as you all can play as you normally play. But hey, this is just for those who want to go that extra mile when going hunting and are trying to do their runs as fast as possible. <3

If you feel like you want to add more to this list, go ahead. Maybe I'll edit them into OP. Hahahaha.

Later. :V
    Last edited by GHNeko; Dec 9, 2009 at 05:12 AM.

#8: Use your symbol chats for more useful things, and not dicks.

But I like spamming dicks to my friends.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

People spam dicks? I only ever get Tifa's shirt being ripped open.

Now I'm jealous! Rar!

Awesome thread, I'm gonna be referring people to it from now on.
    Episode III for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashDemon View Post
    People spam dicks? I only ever get Tifa's shirt being ripped open.

Now I'm jealous! Rar!

Awesome thread, I'm gonna be referring people to it from now on.

lol really?! thats my picto >:C well at least they spam it well xD
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Lol, I've seen the Tifa one. I lol'd.

Claiming that ppl who don't use the roll aren't playing the game correctly/to it's fullest potential is extremly offensive to me. Granted that's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I prefer to simply move out of the way of attacks since for me to have the roll on my pallette I would have to drop either shifta or my offensive tech.

Most forces will have resta, anti, either di or trifluid, a weak attack (unless they want to use techs for boxes or rely on the other memebers of the group), at least one offensive tech, and in my case buffs.

Now maybe I'm mistaken, but you seem to think that forces should never fight, truth of the matter is that forces have better crowd control abilities than ranger and hunter combined and a smart force will not be standing in front of an enemy waiting for it to beat the hell out of him/her.

That said maybe you should consider that not everyone plays the same way and simply saying somone is wrong simply cause they don't play the EXACT same way as you is pretty offensive.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn_Darkcrest View Post
    Claiming that ppl who don't use the roll aren't playing the game correctly/to it's fullest potential is extremly offensive to me. Granted that's your opinion and you're entitled to it but I prefer to simply move out of the way of attacks since for me to have the roll on my pallette I would have to drop either shifta or my offensive tech.

Dodge Rolls is your single greatest asset, granted it is an opinion, but a well placed one considering there are a handful of attacks that arent dodgable simply through running when you're within range of said attacks. If you play RA/FOs 100% to their class, you may not infact need it, though its extremely recommended.

Most forces will have resta, anti, either di or trifluid, a weak attack (unless they want to use techs for boxes or rely on the other memebers of the group), at least one offensive tech, and in my case buffs.

Really? None of the forces I know have palettes like that. :V

Now maybe I'm mistaken, but you seem to think that forces should never fight, truth of the matter is that forces have better crowd control abilities than ranger and hunter combined and a smart force will not be standing in front of an enemy waiting for it to beat the hell out of him/her.

Of course FOs should fight, but considering they have superior tech ability by miles, it's not unwise to have FOs play more support than offense. to be honest, it depends on your party.

That said maybe you should consider that not everyone plays the same way and simply saying somone is wrong simply cause they don't play the EXACT same way as you is pretty offensive.
    Then I apologize. V:

My opinion of you just rose alot sir ^.-
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

/////
    Last edited by Tefno; Mar 18, 2011 at 08:46 PM.