Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FINALLY, female characters are UN-nerfed

It's about damn time this segregation was stopped. In PSU and PS:P male characters had higher ATP and ATA than their female counterparts, which was very unlike any of the traditional PSO games. in effect, what occurred then is that this heavily skewed the jobs of Hunters, and even Rangers, into a heavily emphasized male-dominant role. Females had no place as Hunters and Rangers because they commanded lower ATP and ATA values, and thus made the poorer option of the two for their best possible execution. Thus, females were unfairly ushered to support roles, mixed or hybrid roles, and Forces due to their higher MST and EVA ratings. Thankfully, now males have the highest ATP but females now have the highest ATA, making either equally valid for an offensive melee role depending on whether you prefer accuracy or damage. Well done PS:P2.

Isn't PP as big a difference? That's what did it for me.
    I think some might disagree about PSO (females didn't have lower ATA), but yeah, I made a last-minute decision to make my PSPo2 beast female too. M Newman players must be sad though. D:
    Oh, I keep seeing Japanese players talking about making chains for damage... is that always best, or is it just that I'm playing a newearl Hunter I feel like I can keep spamming PAs all the time?
    (also, newearl for Tornado Dance! XP)

Exactly, females had higher ATA in PSO, which is why I stated that PS:P and PSU was very unlike PSO.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Oh, I keep seeing Japanese players talking about making chains for damage... is that always best, or is it just that I'm playing a newearl Hunter I feel like I can keep spamming PAs all the time?
    (also, newearl for Tornado Dance! XP)
    The amount of bonus damage from using chains is crazy good, if you're using a Doubles or another weapon type with a high normal hit combo then yeah you can probably break straight into a PA, but with weapons that only have a 3 or 4 normal hit combo then you'll definately want to do a few to get the chain up before you launch into a PA, you can easily see the difference.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Frankly they should just get rid of the gender differences in stats period. It's simply not up to modern design standards. Gender should never be minmaxable.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Is an overall 2% difference one way or another really worth considering when it probably won't result in a faster clear speed / death rate unless the enemies are really high or low compared to your character? The differences in stats are practically nothing as is.

For me I feel that there really wasn't much of a Gender difference issue at all. It was generally balanced in terms of usefulness and the bonus you got was of small significance. Giving males the higher ATA in PSU was probably more of a benefit for Females than it was for Males. *We all know how well and significant ATA was in PSU* *heh heh* *cough* *Beast Female GunMaster* *cough cough*.

So I think racial imbalance would be a bit more of an issue. The only real significant gender issue, I've ever noticed, is the limit of certain unisex clothing accessories only for one gender or another.

I thought people decided on their PSU character for looks, not stats lol

For me, females are still nerfed until I don't get a cowgirl hat!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    For me, females are still nerfed until I don't get a cowgirl hat!
    You have officially stolen my line.

(Sorry, but I had to say that. I think I got *known* on this forum for my wishes for a Cowgirl hat, or at least a Cowboy hat Tynselle could wear).