Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUnewearl

Default HUnewearl

What type of builds are there for a HUnewearl? Are any worth noticing? How fun would they be?

100% atp: a hunter with decent evasion, and can switch to slicers for bosses with great effect
    Slicer: a difficult class because it requires a drastic increase in ATA, but with a little boost in that and MST can be the most effective slicer weilder against general enemies. (Bosses are less influenced by ATA that's why slicers work even on the ATP build)
    Evasion: can be applied to either mode, but further sacrifice is required. A Hunewearl with best equipment can have INSANE evasion...at a cost.
    MST and ATP: while...not recommended, HUnewearl can use techs and weapons okay...but yeah, leave it for FOmars...

Slicers are based off MST, so if you're going to use them [on bosses] it's also best to carry a 100 mst mag aswell as a power mag.

You have enough base evp to dodge, so focus mainly on damage.

Also, even when going for a full EVP build, you still get hit by most attacks on SH.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerealm View Post
    Also, even when going for a full EVP build, you still get hit by most attacks on SH.
    I'm a level 92 Hunewearl with 60 something EVP mats, and I dodge like 75% of attacks. I can pretty much just stand in front of an enemy and keep swinging without worrying about getting hit.

at lv74, with an ancient robe equiped (1 evp mat) and a hero/swift (yeah yeah, unlucky ;<) brings me to 541 evp and i'd say most mobs in super-hard hit me between 50-66% of the time... granted that it alot but with a Kerykeion equiped i can resta any non boss damage back after moving out the way if a 2nd/3rd hit... also have hero/guards in 2 other slots (only 3 slot )

Personally i find myself swaping from daggers+pow mag to a rod+mind mag depending on the wave that spawns (speedy stuff in arca plant = rod ect...)... most people will smite me for that but meh, personal experance and all that (evp number blasty?)
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerealm View Post
    Not true. lvl.80 here, I have 694 evasion and SH mobs barely even touch me anymore. The Shrine and plant are the only areas that still give me a little trouble but they won't be much of a threat as i keep lvling. Those walking legs in the shrine couldn't hit me if I let them, the Phobos' attacks are beginning to miss me, mother's head slam, swipe, and melee little pawn thing miss me. Dark Falz's balls of doom are beginning to miss me, etc...

Pure EVP is great if you have the equips, mats and lvls to pull it off. It doesn't really shine until lvl.70 cause that's when SH mobs really begin to start missing you a lot. I still don't have all my endgame equips and still have 20 more lvls to go so my EVP will still rise a good amount. (haven't even gotten any divine/swifts yet or a 4 socket Rika's suit [Running a 2 socket now with PP recovery lvl.4 and Hero/Swift. Planning to go with PP recovery lvl.5 and 3 divine swifts, so just removing my hero and adding those 3 alone would bring my EVP up 60 points.])

Pure EVP is a terrific build in my opinion. Sure my ATP is lowered by not using any pow mats or divine powers but I'd rather be able to barely get hit and stand still doing damage than rolling out of the way of an attack or dying due to low(ered) EVP or DEF. Even though we're hunter's we're still very squishy, I believe Pure EVP is the answer to that problem.
    "No amount of power can compete with speed you can't even touch"

I am a HUnewearl to know what you are take the quiz here.

I love HUnewearl... I still haven't decided how I'm gonna play her, as they are pretty complex....

If you want to use slicers...you may need a mag with a whopping 100 points of accuracy. The reason why I say this is A. ATA units give smaller increases B. Your range for ATA for weapons should be between 500-550 for super hard mode to hit normal enemies C. Slicer's have really really bad accuracy.

With 550 ATA being ideal
    -278 (HUnewearl's base ATA at level 100)
    -160 (The most likely accuracy you'll have on a 7 star slicer roughly)
    -100 (mag)
    =12 shy of 550

If your playing offline, you have a tad more leeway.

There's some good news for slicer builds though: Slicers give REALLY high MST this balances out stats spent on accuracy.... HUnewearl's MST with a good slicer is nothing to snuff at. If you are inclined you can throw techs with relative ease holding one of them boomerangs. I'd probably recommend using heavy attack for slicers, dodge and a tech as your main pallet.

There are plenty of situations where slicers are not useful fighting general mobs... techs come in handy in these scenarios.

Bad news for slicers... if you are an optimizing freak, you'd need a 100 MST mag for bosses. Why? They have MUCH less evasion... now your not scrambling for accuracy, you're worried more about damage. Also... forces are better at slicing up bosses. But... either way, they all get equal rape going on. Honestly, you can probably skip the MST mag...but if you want to keep up with the forces damage wise for bosses better stick one on.

Mats are trickier with this build. Yeah evasion HUnewearls are fun, but with slicers suddenly you're playing like a ranger/force and will be be making less use of crazy evasion... Maybe add some MST mats? Up to you boo. HUnewm is my main, and as a 100% ATP build he evades pretty good without any help. HUnewearl will be a a bit better at evading with no improvement. If you really love slicers, you aren't going to miss out on the evasion fest entirely if you dish out to MST.

I

Could someone critique this HUnewearl build for me?

Mag: Femini, 99 Power, 1 Hit, Pacifal, Ruffian
    Materials: 80 Swift
    Armor: Noble Cloak, Compress PA, Tech Level Boost, Element Level Boost, Divine/Swift
    Weapon: Foie Haze, Heaven 4, Air Ride
    Techs: Shifta 10

ATP: 799
    ATA: 587
    EVP: 751

Goal of this build is to be able to rapidly attack in their faces, taunting them with red "MISS" things floating all around. I focus on multi-hitting attacks, with a 2-1-3 combo followed by a multi-hitting PA. I'm trying to have many attacks over a short amount of time with the occasional auto-kill.
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less.