Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It didnt work for me, but then dropping your ds out of a truck and having it land on the R button is usually not what the blowing fixes. But i've been playing for a few hours without my R... it's not too hard without the extra actions, just lose a little convenience.

I've had the same problem with my right trigger on my DS phat. Blowing into the DS will help if its a crumb or something... if you're willing to force the dirt further into your DS, along with creating condensation inside from your humid breath.

However, my problem isn't due to dirt.
    I've had my DS apart, cleaned it, and have ruled that out. I'm pretty sure its the spring creating a ridge on the little thing it rides on. Metal on plastic is usually a place where damage happens, and I'm pretty sure thats what it is. I'm going to take it apart again and try to find a ridge and polish it off with a file or something. It does stink to have your right trigger go out on this game.

I'm also thinking of getting a body kit off ebay. Some come with new triggers and buttons, and that'll most likely fix the problem. I've got my eye on the matte black one.

ah. well good luck with that. i've never taken apart my DS's aside from my old Lite my little sister thoroughly abused and not sure i wanna take apart this one... I have some kinda curse with screws... always losing them. haha.

My R button is an on and off thing, sometimes it works fine and sometimes I have to press it a couple times.
    I hope yours fixes itself.

But what's more annoying then a broken R button is a broken touch screen.

I'm glad this game doesn't require much use of it, the whole middle area doesn't work and my strait lines look like a "Z"
    Everywhere else works fine so saying hi isn't much of a problem unless I want to write it big.

hahahaa,, yeah i oticed chatting is reaqlly importat playing ppl online, at first i only played with a guy at work, and a few buddies from college that i could yell commands at verbally... lol... but online is a little different

There is a rubber pad that rips and your buttons become shitty It happens with PS2 controllers and the like aswell. The rubber pad rips. Nothing you can do but get a new pad.

HAhahaha... so i needz a new Ds?? that'll be my 6th... oh well. maybe ill get the old mans one... the xl or whatever?

Heh, replacing the touch was the reason for taking my DS apart. I got a replacement off ebay for $3 and it came with a free scewdriver (handy for replacing the battery in your Poke Ruby cartridge) , and I'd say for someone that's handy it was a medium dificulty. "Hey I think I'll take a peek at the R button" was a side project, and I didn't spend too much time on it past cleaning the finger jelly off it.. .

@ ブルーベリー
    Have you ever replaced the part of the button that's attached to the main board? It looked like it was soldered on, and I didn't try to yank on it. It doesn't have a connector that you can slip on and off and put on another one does it? If so, that'd be a nice fix! I realize that DS repair is a little off topic, but buying a new one or fixing it seems the only solution for his problem.

I'll just get a new one. Or else send this to nintendo