Default Why are RAmarls so rare?

Having getting bored of my HUnewearl I decided to start a ranger. I didn't care much for the RAcast/RAcaseal looks and pretty much everyone who's a RAmar wears the exact same outfit (black w/ cowboy hat) I don't blame them cause their outfit choices are horrid. So I picked RAmarl, its a fun class and I'm really enjoying it but why are they so rare to see online?

I realize rangers are nerfed and obviously nowhere near as popular as hunters and forces but even so I find it surprising that I have never seen a single RAmarl online. Any reasons as to why? Are they underpowered than the other rangers or is it just a class a lot of people don't want to play?
    "No amount of power can compete with speed you can't even touch"

I am a HUnewearl to know what you are take the quiz here.

Maybe its just chance. Ive seen a few around (more than I can say for RAcaseals.)
    PSZ FC: 2063 9275 2232
    (If you add me let me know so I can add you too)

Spike - RAmar lvl 85
    Bender - HUcast lvl 13
    Rena - FOnewearl lvl 28

Ummm... -Waves at ironman- o_o

I swear, I think there's some kind of conspiracy against me or something like that.

Anyway, I was looking at the char stats earlier and saw that they only excel at accuracy and evasion. Not only that, their defensive stats are pretty close to a FOmarl. Because of that, maybe this is why there's a larger number of FOmarl in comparison to RAmarl. Also, it seems that RAmarl have a massive difficulty in knocking out enemies in comparison to all the other Ranger classes due to their lack of ATP. Their PP and MST is the higher in comparison to RAmar but not enough to to rely on for offensive techs. From how I see it, RAmarls are more support types and must rely on chaining to inflict a large number.
    Last edited by ARChan; Dec 26, 2009 at 04:17 PM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Probably because RAmarls really get the shaft compared to RAmars. Lower ATP for a class that already gets screwed in damage output, and they can't use the Keplar Suit. (The Noble Cloak, probably the best armour a RAmarl can wear, caps at 258 DFP and 319 EVP, with 6/6/6/14/14 resists and no set bonuses with any weapons a Ranger can use. The Keplar Suit, which only RAmars and RAcasts can wear, caps at a whopping 352 DFP and 278 EVP with 12/12/12/0/0 resists, plus a +25 ATA and +50 EVP bonus when equipped with any Yasminkov, M&A, or Missouri gun.)
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Oh dang... :/ Well at least this clears up my curiosity. Still s fun class though, don't plan on stoping just cause its underpowered. (stupid male only Keplar suits... >_>)

Also what type of mats should I use? So far I've been using ATP mats but never played a ranger before in PSZ so I'm unsure if I'm doing the right thing.
    "No amount of power can compete with speed you can't even touch"

I am a HUnewearl to know what you are take the quiz here.

Overnerfed.

Game creators should have thought of that.

Maybe they will raise the level cap to 200 in the sequel and not raise the difficulty to that same level. Then people could play for fun more, they just would have to level more.
    The female rangers definitely need higher level for Super hard. Even level 100 hackers get killed.

FC PSzero: 3696 0123 4211

Quote Originally Posted by ironman24682 View Post
    Oh dang... :/ Well at least this clears up my curiosity. Still s fun class though, don't plan on stoping just cause its underpowered. (stupid male only Keplar suits... >_>)

Also what type of mats should I use? So far I've been using ATP mats but never played a ranger before in PSZ so I'm unsure if I'm doing the right thing.
    Hmm... From what I've been seeing from my no-material RAmarl, taking out enemies have been extremely extended in comparison to my HUnewearl. If you're a patient player, ATP shouldn't be much of a problem. If you're impatient, ATP is something you want to take care of immediately.

Also, I've been seeing my RAmarl dodge a whole lot of attacks but it really hurts when an attack connects. If you're the kind to take a whole lot of hits, DFP is a major issue.

MST is decent with a RAmarl. Do note that I stated DECENT. They're only okay at techs.

Accuracy isn't much of an issue with them but transitioning to a harder difficulty can throw a RAmarl off balance, since that's when they start to miss.

So, all-in-all by what I've been going through, Power Materials and Guard Materials are the ones you'd want to use, though I'd less prefer guard because of their range superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
    Overnerfed.

Game creators should have thought of that.

Maybe they will raise the level cap to 200 in the sequel and not raise the difficulty to that same level. Then people could play for fun more, they just would have to level more.
    The female rangers definitely need higher level for Super hard. Even level 100 hackers get killed.
    I do have to admit that RAmarl are one of the toughest classes to get into. And the fact that hackers die often is because they are relying on absolute power rather than how to approach the enemy. As I stated before, RAmarl are more of the support-type classes. Also, the fact that the game's cap level is 100 gives everyone a chance to die.
    Last edited by ARChan; Dec 27, 2009 at 12:08 AM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!