Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel3D View Post
    And you know what Alamar....

After thinking it over all week...it looks like I'm ready to throw in the towel. So with that, please look for a quitting thread from me.
    Why make a thread?
    It will only start arguments, and lame flames.

No need.
    Have fun, sorry to see you leave. :/

Quitting threads give me something to read/post in. Keep it up I like wasting a few minutes a day reading about how the game has once again kicked itself in the nuts by not giving us good service.

hmm, i disagree about boycotting sega/PS games. that's extremist. i feel that i got my money's worth out of PSU. if i had been paying to play every single month for 3 years, then that statement would be false. but i've paid for a number of months approx. equal to the amount of content we received xD probably about 12-15 months i played. close to 200$ i guess all-in-all. i spent more on cigarettes than i did on psu in that timespan. im satisfied

and i look forward to the next PS game. you dont need to refuse to buy a game until you see what its like. you can not have that attitude, wait for the game to come out, see what its like first hand, wait a few months or a year to see if it has all the same problems, and then make your decision based on actual data. that's the most rational course of action. you all assume that nothing will ever change based on sega's history. there's no doubt that it is a shitty history, but anything is possible
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT

that was a different situation, though.
    Dreamcast was a total failure and Sega couldn't afford developing any more PSO games for it.
    Then Gamecube had the problem that Nintendo didn't give a f*** about online games, so it wasn't a console attractive to people who like online games. And after Nintendo even stopped the production of Broadband Adapters, it didn't make any more sense for Sega to release PSOBB for the GameCube.
    Xbox probably didn't get PSOBB because it was way too unsuccessful in japan, which means low sales figures in the core-region of PSO-products.
    And for PSOBB, well, only western gamers got screwed, because they had proven in previous PSO games that they harm other players (NOL, FSOD, corrupt, ...), thus got a seperated server which, of course, didn't last as long as the JP server due to the naturally lower population.

PSP2 on the other hand could as well be an expansion for PC and Xbox360, because PC, of course, doesn't have a short lifespan like a console, and Xbox360 is (one of) the main console(s) for online gamers and will still last a bit..
    Sega's only reason to release PSO/U-games for handheld instead of expanding PSU was Capcom's success with Monster Hunter titles on PSP (in japan! you have to understand that PSO is a game for japan..)
    so this time it was pure greed, but then again, Sega is a huge company with investors and shareholders that obviously prefer high sales over satisfied (western) customers..

by the way, take a look at sonic games.. they show very well Sega's new motto since the failure of Dreamcast: "we don't care whether our products are good as long as they still sell well"

Sega seems to not think about the future here..
    because you may buy 1 or 2, maybe even 3 crappy sonic games.. but after 3 crap games you probably won't buy the next sonic game no matter what..
    and i see Sega lose a lot of potential customers for the next PSO game, due to what they did/do (or did not do) with PSU..
    Thats the beauty of being a gamer and not being a sega shareholder...I don't have to think about the company and I can simply eliminate the stress I would have if I was part of such an entity.

In short, I can be a gamer and say "Where are the updates?" and "How come Japan is a year ahead of us in updating?" and I can ask what is fair and what isn't fair.

I don't have to understand that PSU is a Japanese Game...That has no bearing on it since Globalization in the gaming industry happened long ago. I can simply say "If American and European Game companies can release multilingual formats and updates globaly, then how come sega has problems?"

I don't have to "care about sega" as that is just being idiotic. But I can care about the stability of the game....But this Bullshit that the Japanese Game gets updated over and over again makes me feel like I am being punished for not being Japanese....which is not fair.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    Because the last time they did that, english players went on a rampage of wide-spread hacking, duping, cheating, and FSODing everyone in sight.

Hate to say it, but english players have proven to Sega pretty convincingly that they can't be on a global server and peacefully interact with other countries. A few bad apples ruined it for everyone.
    Too bad that's not true. The Xbox 360 server has everybody on the same one. NA/EU/JP all play together... and it's quite nice. No FSOD, no hacking. Sure, there are asshats who did the S+10 glitch when that was there, but it didn't ruin the game. It's a pretty peaceful place all things considered (angry players who don't get content updates enough).

well xbox 360 is great to bad I wish they would just put all the servers together i don't think ppl would be that bad toeach other

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRygar View Post

and i look forward to the next PS game. you dont need to refuse to buy a game until you see what its like. you can not have that attitude, wait for the game to come out, see what its like first hand, wait a few months or a year to see if it has all the same problems, and then make your decision based on actual data. that's the most rational course of action. you all assume that nothing will ever change based on sega's history. there's no doubt that it is a shitty history, but anything is possible
    You seem to want to keep giving them a chance. You can only give someone so many chances then you just have to come to terms with the fact that they either can't do it or refuse to.
    Either way count the games then count the problems. I don't have that much faith in anything in this world. I see them for what they are. They fail at maintaining a game for longevity. They keep pumping out these half azz titles under the PS name.
    They have new ones out now. Why not make one and put a decent effort into it. Maintain it, give in game support, regular updates or lesser updates that are larger. Listen to the players they are your life blood.
    Does Sega do any of that? Nope, just keep feeding us subpar games take the immediate money and run. No upkeep what so ever. I would rather not see another title that will end up just like this one and the many before it.

Are you not tired of the same build up and let down time and time again? When is enough enough? How many more games is it going to take to get it right?
    Why do they deserve more chances then the many the already had? How can anyone not get something right after all them chances?
    If this were their 2nd or 3rd game I would agree with you. But they have been around the block a few times now. I am just fed up with the same old BS with them time and time again.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
    Carl Sagan

Alamar...

This is the same reason as to how I developed a problem with Japanese Anime....You saw these super cool, great stories and all of a sudden after a great build up all you could hope for is the last 2 - 3 episodes of mecha animes and science fiction animes to bombard you with a philosophy lecture instead of an actual ending.
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Still better than most western tv shows which repeat the same basic premise each episode until the people get board. Some anime pull off the philosophy nicely, but most of them are cliche` introverted sequences of the thought process of the author.

On topic; is there any way to fix PSU?
    a) all at once mega content update to catch up to japan?
    b) pool all of the severs?
    c) private servers?

It`s been three years and Sega has done a good job of proving they don`t care. Is there any reason to still hold out?

Still better than most western tv shows which repeat the same basic premise each episode until the people get board. Some anime pull off the philosophy nicely, but most of them are cliche` introverted sequences of the thought process of the author.
    Law and Order (one of my favorite shows)

Back to Topic:

Episode III is finished to Text Translation is minimal...All we would need are the maps, the linking and the supp update and its very easy to add/update. If Sega wanted to....In under 1 month all servers could be caught up with one another...They don't do it out of laziness....

...and before people start replying that is an impossibility..I've done a lot of patch work on shooters and my own MMO servers...Its not THAT hard as PSU is a PvE CORPG (not an MMO) and if there was a reason why it would be hard to update, it would have to be to code organization making post delivery maintainance..

Im still working on the fourth chapter to a small multiplayer RPG/Card game as a part of a project. ^_^