Thread: Mag Raising

Default Mag Raising

How should I raise my mag? I just started a new file as a FOnewearl and I wasn't sure how I should raise my mag. I've never been hardcore into mag raising. On my main, I've got a pure Power. Not sure what it does for me stat wise though. I was figuring since I've got a Newman, I should have mind mag. That makes since, right? Or is that a common mistake?

The good thing about mags is the are equipment and you can have more than one. So, you can have a variety of different mags with a variety of different set ups. A MND mag would probably be useful for you but you should consult the feeding guide to get try to get a complimentary Photon Blast for a Force. Flozir is the one usually recommended for Forces. A pure mind mag will become a Niid which has Flozir. But you can always make another mag with other stats that you think would help you out too.

*clunk clunk clunk*

Personally for a FO i'd go
    Mind>Guard or Guard>Mind
    supporting a weakness and pumping up a strength is a tried and true method
    generally this combo suits forces well with a complimentary photon blast to boot. pure FO classes don't have as much wiggle room for mag variation compared to hybrid classes.

you've checked the mag guides provided here on pso world, right? they were really helpful in getting me started on the 3+ mags i'm working on ^__^

========================
    and i might as well put this here:

Mag Help!

I raised a Hagal at Lvl 60 (Hit>Guard>all) and i was happy as can be, but somewhere between lvl 65 and lvl 74 it turned into an Ansul. granted, i was feeding it power and guard (trying to make a mag for up close battle that looked cool), but i didn't know that mags could evolve past lvl 60 (without a soul item of course). i think i missed something...

anyone know why and if i can change it back to Hagal? i've already brought that stats back to Hit>Guard>all, but it's still an Ansul

Thanks, Tita! That sounds like a good idea indeed. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tita View Post

Mag Help!

I raised a Hagal at Lvl 60 (Hit>Guard>all) and i was happy as can be, but somewhere between lvl 65 and lvl 74 it turned into an Ansul. granted, i was feeding it power and guard (trying to make a mag for up close battle that looked cool), but i didn't know that mags could evolve past lvl 60 (without a soul item of course). i think i missed something...

anyone know why and if i can change it back to Hagal? i've already brought that stats back to Hit>Guard>all, but it's still an Ansul
    I may be mistaken, but I think that you should be able to change your mag back to Hagal at lv80 if you keep that same stat balance once the mag reaches that level. I believe that was how it worked with my HUnewearl's Wyn changing back to an Ansul. Anyway, your mag should eventually change back to Hagal if its stats are in the order you listed so I would not worry about it. If someone has recently worked with mags and can confirm or dispute this feel free to do so.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm reasonably confident that the mag will change evolution based on stat order every ten levels after 60. So when you hit 70, you probably had a different order. If you return to the order you want by 80 then you should be good. If not, try again at 90, and as a last resort, make sure you have the order you want at 100.

5414 0106 1003
    Lv93 HUcast - Thanatos | Lv55 RAmar - Roland | Lv29 FOnewearl - Amberle

*clunk clunk clunk*

Thanks Louie and Bad Dirt Marvel!

I'm close to 80 so i'll confirm here if it does change back to hagal (just in case anyone else may be wondering).

You're welcome Tita! I hope it works for you.

5414 0106 1003
    Lv93 HUcast - Thanatos | Lv55 RAmar - Roland | Lv29 FOnewearl - Amberle