Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone here like Doctor Who?

If you do, you can watch Doctor Who
    Last edited by Outrider; Dec 23, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

I do, but I'm a bit off and on with the new Doctor Who series. I've watched mostly the old Dr. Who series. However, I generally have access to that stuff since I have Netflix.

I got into it with Dr. 9.

Since, I've kept up with 10 and 11, and gone back to start watching as many of the episodes I can manage from the first series onward.

I haven't seen that much of Doctor Who. But from what I have seen, I've fallen in love with the 4th doctor. Oh, Tom Baker. I want to make your love children

Yeah. A lot of people love the 4th Doctor. Tom Baker is definitely the most popular, for no small reason. There aren't that many guys with that level of charm and voice. But most of all, he plays a real good Doctor. He has the perfect attitude for him with a nice touch of mystery in his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Yeah. A lot of people love the 4th Doctor. Tom Baker is definitely the most popular, for no small reason. There aren't that many guys with that level of charm and voice. But most of all, he plays a real good Doctor. He has the perfect attitude for him with a nice touch of mystery in his character.
    Was he at comic con or something? I Know one doctor was....

If you're talking just recently? I'm not sure. Tom Baker used to show up everywhere, but he doesn't travel as much now. Of the old Doctors, you're more likely to see the Seventh Doctor. Sylvester McCoy. Who, in my opinion, might be my 2nd favorite Doctor of the old doctors. The only bad thing is that McCoy didn't get as many quality episodes as the writing was up-n-down during his stay. As a Doctor, he was also pretty amiable, though he didn't have the awesome voice. Next to Tom Baker's Doctor, he was one of the most outwardly caring Doctors and most outwardly defiant Doctors against those of evil intent. He also didn't play around with odd reactions like Tom Baker did. The seventh Doctor was more honest in his delivery. He played around, but not as much.

As various Doctors may have had a few special keen senses specific to that Doctor, the 7th Doctor had some permanent Detect Evil spell on him. Kind of like a quirky Paladin, but a Doctor Who style of one. Sylvester McCoy kind of took over, from Tom Baker, as the most social Dr. Who actor, as he has made numerous modern appearances. You can tell Sylvester goes beyond tolerating his fans, he enjoys the company and seems to be a fun guy to be around.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 23, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    If you're talking just recently? I'm not sure. Tom Baker used to show up everywhere, but he doesn't travel as much now. You're more likely to see the Seventh Doctor, of the old doctors. Sylvester McCoy. Who, in my opinion, might be my 2nd favorite Doctor of the old doctors. The only bad thing is that McCoy didn't get as many quality episodes as the writing was up-n-down during his stay. As a Doctor, he was also pretty amiable, though he didn't have the awesome voice. Next to Tom Baker's Doctor, he was one of the most outwardly caring Doctors and most outwardly defiant Doctors against those of evil intent.

As various Doctors may have had a few special keen senses specific to that Doctor, the 7th Doctor had some permanent Detect Evil spell on him. Kind of like a quirky Paladin, but a Doctor Who style of one. Sylvester McCoy kind of took over, from Tom Baker, as the most social Dr. Who actor, as he has made numerous modern appearances.
    Oh i see. I Think it was the 9th doctor that showed up. I Cant really remember.

The 9th Doctor would be Christopher Eccleston, the 10th would be David Tennant. 11th is Matt Smith. David Tennant is the most popular Doctor of the *new* Doctor Who series. People only call the new Doctor Who Series, any doctor starting with the 9th one. The 11th Doctor is getting a little flak following David Tennant. I haven't seen the episodes yet, but I have a feeling it's partially because of the female audience, and that going from David to Matt loses a bit of the cuteness factor which helped propel David's popularity. For me, there were parts of the 10th Doctor's personality that really rubbed me the wrong way, particularly when Rose was involved. He was fine, otherwise.

However, most popular new doctor can easily change as time goes along and new Doctors show up. I don't think *any* Doctor has beaten Tom Baker in popularity. However, I'm a little unsure which of the new Doctors are most likely to show up at a convention.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 23, 2010 at 01:58 PM.