Natures ........... [s8natures]
    Misc Notes ........ [s9notes]
    Credits ........... [s0credits]

To skip to a section, press CTRL+F and search for the word in the brackets

==============================
    // Introduction | [s1intro] //
    ==============================

Hello all,

I discovered a few things about raising Mags that I wasn't aware of even after assimilating all the information available on this wonderful site, so I thought I would share what I learned. After pondering how best to present the information, I decided a guide to a 100% Mag collection would be appropriate.

========================
    // Feeding | [s2feed] //
    ========================

In order to make your Mag grow, you must feed it. I am going to use some terminology throughout this guide that I will quickly explain here.

Raise Power - When I say raise Power, feed your Mag hunter weapons until the level specified. Hunter weapons are all the weapons with the sword like icon. The game automatically sorts them to be at the top of your weapons list. If you want to raise your Mag a bit faster but have things be a bit more complicated, you can also feed mates to your Mag. Mates will also increase Defense, but hunter weapons decrease Defense. Just make sure that you feed mates in proportion with hunter weapons so defense never levels up.

Raise Defense - When I say raise Defense, feed your Mag armors and slot units until the level specified. If you want to raise your Mag faster but have things a bit more complicated, you can also feed your Mag traps, telepipes, and trap visions. These items will also increase Hit, but armors and slot units decrease Hit. Just make sure that you feed everything in proportion so that Hit never levels up.

Raise Hit - When I say raise Hit, feed your Mag ranger weapons. Ranger weapons are all the weapons with the gun icon. The game automatically sorts them to be at the middle of your weapons list. If you want to raise your Mag faster but have things a bit more complicated you can also feed atomizers to your Mag. Atomizers will also increase Mind, but ranger weapons will decrease Mind. Make sure you feed everything in proportion so Mind never levels up.

Raise Mind - When I say raise Mind, feed your Mag force weapons. Force weapons are all the weapons with a wand icon. The game automatically sorts them to be at the end of your weapons list. If you want to raise your Mag faster but have things a bit more complicated you can also feed your Mag fluids and technique discs. These items will also increase Power, but force weapons decrease power. Just make sure you feed these items in proportion so Power never levels up.

==========================
    // Tier 1 Mags | [s3t1] //

Gather four mags. You can do this by creating four characters and dumping their Mags in the joint trunk or by buying them in the sewer shop. I will refer to these mags as Power Mag (PM), Defense Mag (DM), Hit Mag (HM), and Mind Mag (MM) from now on.

PM - Raise Power to level 10
    DM - Raise Defense to level 10
    HM - Raise Hit to level 10
    MM - Raise Mind to level 10

Now all four of your Mags are...

// Tier 2 Mags | [s4t2] //

There are only four Tier 2 Mags, so we have them all already! Moving on...

PM - Raise Power to level 30
    DM - Raise Defense to level 30
    HM - Raise Hit to level 30
    MM - Raise Mind to level 30

Your Mags will now all evolve to...

// Tier 3 Mags | [s5t3] //

There are eight total Tier 3 Mags, so we have half of them already! Follow these instructions:

PM - Raise Defense one level (end result: Mag level 31 with 30 Power 1 Defense)
    DM - Raise Hit one level (end result: Mag level 31 with 30 Defense and 1 Hit)
    HM - Raise Mind one level (end result: Mag level 31 with 30 Hit and 1 Mind)
    MM - Raise Power one level (end result: Mag level 31 with 30 Mind and 1 Power)

Doing this will cause each Mag to evolve again and complete our collection of Tier 3 Mags. Follow these instructions to move to the next tier:

PM - Raise Power 29 levels (end result: 59/1/0/0 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    DM - Raise Defense 29 levels (end result: 0/59/1/0 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    HM - Raise Hit 29 levels (end result: 0/0/59/1 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    MM - Raise Mind 29 levels (end result: 1/0/0/59 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)

// Tier 4 Mags | [s6t4] //

There are 12 total Tier 4 Mags, so we have 1/3 of them already! Follow these instructions:

PM - Raise Hit two levels (end result: 59/1/2/0 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    DM - Raise Mind two levels (end result: 0/59/1/2 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    HM - Raise Power two levels (end result: 2/0/59/1 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    MM - Raise Defense two levels (end result: 1/2/0/59 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)

This will cause all four to evolve and get us 2/3 of the Tier 4 evolutions. Next...

PM - Raise Mind three levels (end result: 59/1/2/3 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    DM - Raise Power three levels (end result: 3/59/1/2 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    HM - Raise Defense three levels (end result: 2/3/59/1 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)
    MM - Raise Hit three levels (end result: 1/2/3/59 Power/Defense/Hit/Mind)

Done!

// Rare Mags | [s7rare] //

Rare Mags are evolved by feeding a soul to a Mag of appropriate level. Once a Mag becomes rare, it will never evolve again by feeding. It WILL evolve if fed another soul. Getting Mags of appropriate level is done through feeding. If you have followed this guide you already have Mags high enough levels for most of the souls. There are are eight souls...

Name ........... Lvl Req .. Location Found
    Rappy Soul ....... 60 ..... Rappies (they are everywhere!)
    Lassi Soul ....... 60 ..... Sewer Password 4775-7197
    Puyo Soul ........ 60 ..... Sewer Password 3470-1424
    Toppi Soul ....... 60 ..... Sewer Password 9475-6843
    Soniti Soul ...... 70 ..... Any enemy in Paru on Super Hard
    Arkharz Soul ..... 70 ..... Any enemy in Eternal Tower on Normal
    Femini Soul ...... 75 ..... Any enemy in Eternal Tower on Hard
    Radam Soul ....... 80 ..... Any enemy in Eternal Tower on Super Hard

// Natures | [s8nature] //

Natures are divided into four categories. Each category has a base nature and two advanced natures. Refer to the main Mag Natures article on this site for information on these.

So why am I including a section for natures in this guide if I am just going to tell you to read the main website? Well there are three big things that aren't mentioned or are unclear that I think everyone should know.
    1) Post level 60 you can change between the advanced natures for your category as many times as you want if you follow the "feed 5 item" rule for that advanced nature.
    3) The "favorite food" for your type will cause your Mag to increase faster when fed their favorite food. Yes, this means that for special type everything increases faster!
    2) You can find out your Mag's nature at level 1! Collect a force weapon, a hunter weapon, and a piece of armor (NOT an armor unit) that all have the same star value. Feed them to a level 1 Mag in the following order: force weapon, hunter weapon, armor. Now look at the amount that your Mind, Power, and Defense has raised. If your Mind is the highest, you have Recovery type nature. If your Power is highest, you have Offensive type. If your Defense is highest, you have Defensive type. If they are all equal, you have a Special type!

============================
    // Misc Notes | [s9notes] //
    ============================

- There are three ways to find Mags. The first is create a new character, the second is purchase for 5 photon drops in the sewer shop, the third is to find them as items from enemies or boxes.
    - Mags found in the field have random photon blasts so you can obtain combinations that are normally not possible.
    - Since the only time you can choose a Mag color is character creation, it is often easiest to get the specific color Mag you want this way.
    - Mags are automatically sorted in your inventory according to color in the following order from top to bottom: red, blue, yellow, green, purple.

===========================
    // Credits | [s0credits] //
    ===========================

pso-world.com for the amazing website
    Nineteen for the location of Soniti Soul
    Tizerak for the tidbit about color order

Last edited by Opodomus; Jan 7, 2010 at 04:16 PM.

Great guide! One thing I would like to mention is that Soniti Souls can be obtained via farming Paru Super Hard. It's an area drop, just like the Tower Souls.

Very informative Opodomus I had no idea you could do it this way, I may even consider doing this.

Yeah this guide is pretty neat I didn't quite think of doing it from this angle but it would get my mag collection rate filled alot quicker.

Another thing to include in this guide I think would be something like getting the mag color/nature you want.
    I've kinda experimented around cause I've remade some of my mags a couple times and I dont do the character creation method cause I have all 3 slots full for inventory storage.
    Soooooo I just go down to the photon drop shop and buy a mag and 1st check to see if its the color I want, now of course the easiest way is equip to see the color duh but a slightly faster way to at least get an idea of what it is before you equip it is in the mag menu they are ordered by color just like on the char select screen red-blue-yellow-green-purple so if you have a red and yellow mag in your inventory and you want blue then just look in the menu before you equip it and if its above your red mag then it is a red mag so you can just reset as an example.
    Once you get the color you want (you can buy these before hand) go fetch a 3 star hunter weapon and an armor. Feed it the weapon first then the armor, since 3 star equipment increase a neutral nature by 5 if it shows 6 ATP / 5 DEF you got an offensive nature, 5/6 Defensive, 5/5 healing, and 6/6 special.

Thank you Nineteen and Tizerak for your additions!

Tizerak, I am not going to put in your part about only needing a hunter weapon and armor instead of hunter weapon, force weapon, and armor because 5/5 and 6/6 aren't easy to tell apart for the average reader, especially if they are new to Mag raising. Also, my guide just calls for the items to be of any star value, not specifically three stars. Perhaps they are low level and only have 1 star items? It's much easier to either say "one bar is biggest" or "all are the same." Personally though I will keep your trick in mind

I might reorganize the FAQ some later and include a specific section on obtaining the color/nature you want. I don't want to change that much right now, maybe on my lunch break...

Well I threw it out there more for just an easy way to detect a mag's nature before level 10 since it doesnt say and using 3 star items for 5 since a stat levels at 10 is pretty easy to see if its 5 or 6 on the bar.

thanx this is wonderful thanx you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.