Default What's with tekking?

Alright, I hate to spam a new thread on a silly question, but I don't see a Q&A thread and trying to search didn't help so here goes...

Howdy. All I'm really wondering this moment, is about tekking items, particularly rares, to get more %. I'm assuming you just have the tekker examine it again and the %s have a chance to come up slightly different, but I really have no clue.

If someone could throw me a link or guide, or just explain it if they'd like, that'd be nice.

I spose I'll ask this too.... Why the hell does one of my weapons (I forget what, some junk DBs saber or something) have 0% hit on it @_@. I mean, it lists the hit % as 0, rather than just not there, and I don't have a weapon with %hit on currently.

Feel free to point me to where I should post this too, if I'm wrong.

Happy hunting

Edit: I need a picture of a red box, for an avatar (here, and other forums too), anyone got one handy?

All weapons can be tekked to a variable of 10% deviation from the original percentages.
    Ie,

Original 5%, you can tek it down to -5% or up to 15% as the limit.
    Original 45%, you can tek it down to 35% or up to 55% as the limit.

You just spam the tekker over and over until you get the extra 10%.

(I tek things down to -5% if it irritates me seeing it as a crap rare...)

First: This site doesn't allow custom avatars. Let a mod know if you do find or make a good 64x64 set of PSO item boxes and they may be added in the official list. I think Fanworks might take requests.

Second: The 0% hit is because that weapon had either 5% or 10% hit on it when untekked, and you accepted the poor quality tek that brought it to 0% hit.

As far as I am aware, the %s given each tek are random, so it could take a while to get the +10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    Second: The 0% hit is because that weapon had either 5% or 10% hit on it when untekked, and you accepted the poor quality tek that brought it to 0% hit.
    Another possibility is just that you had a weapon with hit% equipped. When that is the case, it always shows the hit on weapons you are selecting on the comparison screen, even if the weapon you're comparing or tekking has no %s.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

I see, and if it initially has 0%, can it change? Sorry for posting in the wrong section by the way. *sigh*

& Nice name joe, did you like viewtiful joe 2 compared to the first?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=851

this is a good guide that pretty much sums it up.
    bought pso v1 before i ever had a dreamcast. you know how it is, love at first sight =)

rabarta love.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...21&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by Moss Cow View Post
    I see, and if it initially has 0%, can it change? Sorry for posting in the wrong section by the way. *sigh*

& Nice name joe, did you like viewtiful joe 2 compared to the first?
    No, any % that is initially 0 can never change, only stats that come up at 0 because of unlucky teks. So if you have a 10/0/10/0, then first of all, no matter how much you tek it, it will never have hit%. A bad tek will make it 0/0/0/0, but if you say no, it goes back to 10/0/10/0, so no damage is done.

I never got 2 because though I only played a little of it, for whatever reason I didn't like it so I didn't get it. Maybe I'd have liked it if I played it more, but I can't say because I don't remember why I didn't like it.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

did you even look at the guide i posted? what your saying about precents and such is EXACTLY what the guide states.. yet you tell me im wrong.. trust me, ive been playing offline and doing research on pso since i can remember. and this technique on getting the best tekk from the base weapon has Always worked.

trust me, read the damn guide, it makes perfect clear sense, and in practice i can get a chime 100% of my tekks based on knowing when to accept the tekkers tekk. if its because your having trouble understanding the guide, let me know ill explain it out a bit more.. its not too hard though, a base ??? weapon has atributes already (Base) and the Min and Max column 2 of the possible outcomes, the 3rd possible outcome is it staying as the Base. same goes for precents and grinds.

if you still want to insist that this is wrong, then by all means continue your research.. i on the other hand havent had a non-chimed weapon tekk in over 100 levels.. so to each his own really

ps: i will say that for me, GC: offline all special weps have no grinds and have preset specials, so the only thing is to hope for precents.
    Last edited by athena44; Jan 14, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
    bought pso v1 before i ever had a dreamcast. you know how it is, love at first sight =)

rabarta love.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...21&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post

Original 5%, you can tek it down to -5% or up to 15% as the limit.

)
    wait a minute, are there really negativ percents?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    wait a minute, are there really negativ percents?
    There are. Now let me find / take a pic of a wep with %5 and tekking it down.