Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sea Shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    I wonder what whale tastes like.
    When raw, it tastes like fish. It's thicker than tuna and the flavor lasts on your tounge a bit longer than tuna as well. The meat is dense, a bit like beef but not as fatty.

Taking a page from Sonic Teams book, it's Fish+!
    Synthetic Whale Meat would solve the problem, but ah, then it wouldn't be the same...

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdeta...storyID=168987
    Just because you have the right of way, doesn't mean you should lose your right of common sense.
    Small ship shouldn't get so close to big ship, lest it get sucked into the big ship's wake and damaged...
    Last edited by FOnewearl-Lina; Jan 7, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Ya idk how much I agree with the sea shepherd going in and terrorizing the whalers. I think they would be a lot more effective going and complaining to the Japanese government or the people in charge of the whole whale operation. It's not like the people actually hunting the whales are just doing it for fun, they probably need the money and hunting whales is a good opportunity for them to make some. Although I do think it is wrong to hunt stuff that's supposed to be protected.

Also: When I saw the preview for whale wars on animal planet, I thought it was gonna be a really cool show because it played cool music and looked like it had a lot of action. When I actually watched it, it was one of the most boring things I have ever seen.

There was also the issue of whaling, and the destruction of the Sea Shepherd vessel Ady Gil by Japanese whalers, in a shocking development proving that even those who deliberately sail ships directly into the path of other ships aren't safe anymore.
    Awesome quote I found on http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2788397.htm

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

Goddamit japan! stop eating the damm whales, where trying to exploit them for tourisim. Bloody wankers.

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    The problem is, people get away with alot worse things on a daily basis.
    Some people like to eat whale and some like fugu. Not like humans haven't hunted things to extinction in the past anyway.
    Not that I don't agree that these guys were idiots, but it should be pointed out that the argument that whaling is okay because "[it's] not like humans haven't hunted things to extinction in the past anyway" really doesn't hold up under any circumstances.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

1.5 million dollar fail boat! Davey Jones says thanks for the new vessel you scurvy land lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Not that I don't agree that these guys were idiots, but it should be pointed out that the argument that whaling is okay because "[it's] not like humans haven't hunted things to extinction in the past anyway" really doesn't hold up under any circumstances.
    Well it went fine the last few times. We're still alive.

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Survival of the fittest, baby

Yeah, that argument won't hold up since man became civilized and suddenly started caring for the planet.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225817849861

Media circus is heating up and legal action is being threatened, those Shepherds really think they can sue the Whalers for "piracy"? lol