Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If I liked PSO would I like PSU?

Yea I have been a die hard fan of pso since it came out in 2001 for the Sega dreamcast. I have had every game except PSU and haven't really looked into it too much. But ever since I have started playing PS zero I have had the urge to look into PSU more. This question goes out to all the old school PSO players. I just need more depth and game material then the ds version of PS and was wondering what other people had to say about or what their opinion of PSU was. Thanks for all the the help and hopefully see everyone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank32oz View Post
    Yea I have been a die hard fan of pso since it came out in 2001 for the Sega dreamcast. I have had every game except PSU and haven't really looked into it too much. But ever since I have started playing PS zero I have had the urge to look into PSU more. This question goes out to all the old school PSO players. I just need more depth and game material then the ds version of PS and was wondering what other people had to say about or what their opinion of PSU was. Thanks for all the the help and hopefully see everyone soon.
    In short: No. You might like it at first, but it does grow old quick. Not worth the $10 a month, in my opinion. Maybe get it and play it for the story mode, but move on to Phantasy Star Portable,or better yet, PSP2 if you can handle all the japanese (or wait for a US release).
    This is my NEW signature. Complete with shameless self-promotion!

If you have a PSP get it for that. You would probably find PSU to be very fun. SEGAC's stupidity and neglect toward our PSU servers mostly only affects players that have been playing for a while. Try it!

Really? Dang, have you played PSU extensively? And PSP is only for the PlayStation portable right? I was really hoping PSU would crave my desire.

I agree dont get addicted to playing on ambitions. Just get addicted to the psp2 version its an overall better game at this point. Id stick with PSP version as well if I had a PSP still. But I say give PSU a try at least, whos to say you wont find it fun. I still do but like I said I dont have any other options, I cant afford a PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank32oz View Post
    Hi,

I played PSO a lot (loved c-mode particularly), and have been on PSU since day one. You should have joined us then - it was great! Now, it's a ghost town, especially the PC/PS2 servers.

Try any of the offline versions (PC/PS2/360/PSP) to see if you like it. Maybe you'll be inspired to come online, but you'll have to hurry up while there are still a few people left!

If you want a more exclusive community of people who probably wont quit on you join PS2 most of the items on their are worth a bit more and are harder to get your hands on, obviously it is a smaller community so therefore the really rare items will be harder to find in player shops. If you want a consitently abusive and sometimes regretable community but youll always find someone to play with come join us on the 360 side. Yes there is more immature people on our servers unfortunatly, but youll find a handful of decent people like myself.

Im one of those straight up if you want the item that bad its yours kinda person. I play this game for fun not for oh look at this Im a greedy son of a bitch who doesnt share anything with nobody. There is still a few of us out there just kinda hard to find with all the young kids and immature high schoolers. I will say however I am looking for a red line and if it drops the first one I see is mine or at least you will have to split some of the bill for it. Ima at least expect some kind of compensation because I really do want one but Im not gonna fight to hard over it, if I see someone who wants it just that much more Id be willing to give it to them.

Yea I was thinking about buying the 360 version since that has what i think is the bigger community. Less people aren't really an issue for me as long as there are some that are fun and cool to play with. I was just more concerned with the game play or mechanics and that I wouldn't like them as much if at all. But it looks like there are some solid players still online for the 360 so I might have to give it a try. I haven't even looked into the PSP version. And I can always cancel my hunter's license if the community starts to dive.

Hey Krank! I have played every single PS title out to date. They are all awesome but let me tell ya, PSU takes the trophy. (followed closely by PS Z)

I have a Lvl 101 CAST on PSU and ive been playing for about a year. Though the game does get repetitive running the same few missions over and over, the community is what makes it fun. I have never not had anyone join my groups for white beast no matter what time of day. There is a huge community on 360, always stuff to buy, always things to trade, always people running stuff. Overall PSU has a awesome community, minus the immature @$$holes that spam and use the "N" word thinking they are cool. The cool thing is a little option called a "Blacklist" U'll see.

There are no telepipes and you cant dupe your items but in my opinion PSU is better than PSO I say you deffinately have to try the full game!

PSU is pretty different to PSO, so you won't necessarily like it if you liked PSO. My personal opinion is that PSOGC and PSOBB were much more fun than PSU to play, but PSU could be fun if it's all new to you.

Honestly though...I'd just either import PSP2 or wait for a release date for the US/EU version (provided you have a PSP, of course). It's a much better game than PSU has ever been. Unfortunately, PSU has been ruined by terrible communication between Sega Japan and America, fairly frequent billing problems/authentication servers failing and so on. As someone who's played since launch, the first year of the game was by FAR the best. Ever since Ambition of the Illuminus released, the game has gotten progressively easier, and much more boring.

If PSP2 isn't an option, then PSU should keep you amused for a while, but don't expect it to be as memorable as your times on PSO were. Final note- if you plan on playing PSU online, consider your server wisely. X360 has a lot more players- I don't know what the overall experience is like though. I play PC/PS2 (well, sort of), and I find the community is generally pretty good...assuming you can find anyone, because the game is very quiet now. I would still be playing PSO if I had anything left to do.

Overall PSU is decent, but a lot of people aren't playing now because updates are erratic (usually every 2-3 weeks, but occasionally it slips), and a lot of players are just sick of running the same missions we had in the game's first 1-2 years.

I hate saying PSU is a bad game, but I honestly can't recommend it to anyone. New players might get some enjoyment from it, but after a while it's easy to get bored.
    Last edited by Neith; Jan 13, 2010 at 12:53 PM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)