Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I never liked PSO, so I can't advise on that front.

In PSU each of your four characters has their own room that can be decorated with various items that can be found or bought from shops. The rooms have a Common Box in which you can store weapons, money, armor, and items. The common box is the same across all characters, so you can move stuff betwen your characters with no hassle. It beats the PSO Drop and Hope system...

You can also set the rooms up as shops, giving you way to sell excess weapons and items. The Partner Machines are the shop keepers.

The character models are hands down better than in PSO, and very customizable during creation. You may want to set one up and start the game to see what it looks like, then delete it a dozen times to get that exact right look, heh. After creation the face and hair can be changed, but height and body shape are permanent.

Character movement is very fluid and lifelike. Females get different moves in some melee attacks than males, and in general seem female. Males and females have different stats in some areas. In general, males are stronger than females in physical attacks and females are better at techs, but there are other differences. You can look that up here and at www.psupedia.info, as well as stuff on Partner Macines and gameplay.

I like PSU.

Enjoy, whatever server you hit.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRygar View Post
    I loved PSO, back in the day. But I tried going back to PSO after years of PSU and i didnt like how restrictive the movement and battle system was. I've been spoiled by the quick moving, free roaming view of PSU. and the hit-hit-hit system seem's so lame now.
    This is exactly what happened to me, some PSO mechanics feel too outdated (yeah, 10 years, no surprise at all) when compared to other games (I played PSU only after trying to go back to PSO). Not having free camera movement kills a bit of it for me, but I loved it when it was new (and some years after it was new ).

Now on to topic, I had the same question that you have now, really, the only way to get an answer is to actually play the game. I played the 360 demo, liked it and then got it on PC. Its all up to you and your opinion.

Thanks SuperRygar!!! Yea that helps a lot. The lack of a lot of people didn't really bother me too much. I was worried about game mechanics and play. So you definitely helped me out there. Thank you very much and I will surely be playing as soon as i get my box back!

No doubt PSU is a great game but here is why I am pissed. I have played this game for 3years, at 10 bucks a month, that is over 360 bucks, add on top of that 60 bucks, I had to rebuy the game after wearing it out 2 times previous, and the 30 bucks for the expansion.

I think we have a right to be pissed. You cannot tell me that I have gotten over 360 bucks in content, that is what is upsetting, the managment of this game pisses me off, not the game itself. They hold stuff back that they already have done. Imagine how great this game could be if they would have released this stuff that they had done since before the expansion from the start like it should have been? they would have been working towards making this game truely amazing, the way it is now it is an incomplete game and never will be considered better than PSO in my eyes because of how poorly it has been managed.

I am not the only one that feels that way, you can tell me why dont you quit than, well all I can say is I like PSU and I feel as long as I dont get the updates I have a right to complain because I do pay 10 bucks every month, Dark God S2 and that Temple Mission are you kidding me thats what my 10 bucks a month gets me, the month previous they didnt even give us an update. So I get one map with what 4 "new drops" ones that should have been dropping 3 months ago back in the GC GBR and then the temple mission I cannot even play because everyone I liked to play with quit this game and you need 2 people to run it. Please.

All I can say to whoever picks this game up is be ready to be dissapointed after like 3-4 months of play, sega ruined this game when they decided to give out massive EXP for killing monsters, making PA's lvl at ridiculous rates to the point of where you can max out a character in what 1 weekend. The gameplay is still solid but I would say after about 4 months you will get dissapointed and join on the bandwagen of people who are pisssed because they dont get updates.

Again just my opinion though. So do what you want. All I know is Im probably going to keep playing PSU, I never threaten to quit but I am going to call it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfish97 View Post
    No doubt PSU is a great game but here is why I am pissed. I have played this game for 3years, at 10 bucks a month, that is over 360 bucks, add on top of that 60 bucks, I had to rebuy the game after wearing it out 2 times previous, and the 30 bucks for the expansion.

I think we have a right to be pissed. You cannot tell me that I have gotten over 360 bucks in content, that is what is upsetting, the managment of this game pisses me off, not the game itself. They hold stuff back that they already have done. Imagine how great this game could be if they would have released this stuff that they had done since before the expansion from the start like it should have been? they would have been working towards making this game truely amazing, the way it is now it is an incomplete game and never will be considered better than PSO in my eyes because of how poorly it has been managed.

I am not the only one that feels that way, you can tell me why dont you quit than, well all I can say is I like PSU and I feel as long as I dont get the updates I have a right to complain because I do pay 10 bucks every month, Dark God S2 and that Temple Mission are you kidding me thats what my 10 bucks a month gets me, the month previous they didnt even give us an update. So I get one map with what 4 "new drops" ones that should have been dropping 3 months ago back in the GC GBR and then the temple mission I cannot even play because everyone I liked to play with quit this game and you need 2 people to run it. Please.

All I can say to whoever picks this game up is be ready to be dissapointed after like 3-4 months of play, sega ruined this game when they decided to give out massive EXP for killing monsters, making PA's lvl at ridiculous rates to the point of where you can max out a character in what 1 weekend. The gameplay is still solid but I would say after about 4 months you will get dissapointed and join on the bandwagen of people who are pisssed because they dont get updates.

Again just my opinion though. So do what you want. All I know is Im probably going to keep playing PSU, I never threaten to quit but I am going to call it how it is.
    but this has nothing to do with game mechanics. if a person likes the game mechanics enough, like myself, then content is never an issue.
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT