Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Megid specialization?

Would it be feasible for a FOnewearl to use pretty much exclusively Megid? With the class bonus and an Al Azif that sounds like it could be pretty devastating in theory... however I personally have never casted Megid so there could be some mechanic of the spell I am not familiar with.

I'm currently planning on making a FOmar but I'm starting to wonder if constant use of fluids will annoy me too much. If I made a FOnewearl and maximized PP save/regen and focused on dark spells I'm wondering if that might be better...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Post well thought out responses and help me finish up my work day

I think it would be to tough to exclusively use Megid once you get to SH where hostiles have high resistances. Otherwise from what I hear Megid works pretty well in Hard and Normal. However, since you are talking about using an Al Azif I am guessing you intend to be on SH, so you may run into problems. From my experience focusing on just one technique in Super is not practical because of hostile resistances. Megid is useful in a combo with another technique though because it can bring hostiles together (when charged).

I do not know that much about PP regeneration, but as a FOmar in super I do not normally have problems with the constant use of fluids. Of course, I tend to be a melee force, especially when alone. Melee forces really do not eat through much PP at all. When I do go the pure force route I use PP pretty often so fluids are needed a lot. The only place where using so many fluids should be a problem at all would be eternal tower though. When playing with others I find that if I start with 10 of all of the fluids I am usually fine for the long run.

You can still use Megid for damage in SH provided you cast Zalure/Alzalure on everything first. That will drop the resistances of everything except the most heavily resistant monsters down to a point where Megid will do good damage again.

Problem is, in SH, every level has at least some monsters that are so heavily resistant to Megid that the damage will still be terrible even after Zalure is cast. So you will really have no choice but to rely on more than just that one spell.

But that doesn't mean you're limited to using a FOnewm and spamming fluids like crazy. The best way to deal damage as a force in SH is to just use Megid to draw in all the enemies and then spam the Magical Sign PA using a wand with high-level Celeb. Even with the crappy level 4 Celeb Diopside that I had on my force, I would still almost always kill faster with Magical Sign spamming than spamming techs to hit weaknesses, simply because Magical Sign hits such a huge area and Celeb is so overpowered. And since Magical Sign only costs 13 PP, I rarely had to use fluids.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have a question about the tech page. It says that the "radius" of Gimegid actually decreases with level. How is that a good thing?

I'm not sure what the tech page might be thinking, but the radius of Gimegid increases substantially with successive levels. Level 11+ Gimegid has a huge radius, although all versions of the spell don't pull in bigger enemies as easily as smaller ones.

could combo with foi to burn/poison...but that would consume time. but its a good option for soloing. let the status do the work.

i use it constantly on sh charge it up to pull all the mobs together then use charged foie or zonde when the mobs separate charge magid again
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by FoMarlBorough View Post
    could combo with foi to burn/poison...but that would consume time. but its a good option for soloing. let the status do the work.
    I don't think you can inflict a monster with both burn and poison, they overwrite each other.

its not about the status effects you charge magid to pull all the mobs in to one nice neat little package then you can use foie or zonde to hit them all quite easily

edit magid also works very well as a sub for foie in alot of places like some of the bigger mobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

Sometimes I like to just put one attack spell in my palette because I have other things I'd rather have in there. Some enemies have complete resistance to megid, so I'll just pull them in with it and use rodeo dive. I think you could probably pull it off if you use PAs against megid resistant enemies. Magical Sign is another good one if you prefer wands.