Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does anyone find damage traps useful?

Freeze traps are the reason that I don't despise using android characters, and confuse traps can as if not more useful than freeze traps in certain situations. However I can't think of any tactical situation where damage traps are useful. Maybe if I could lay one and time it perfectly with my combo so it hit the enemy right between finishing the previous combo and starting a new one, it would help. They never even do enough damage to justify using them just as another attack.

The only time I use them is when fighting a Canune circle, I drop one to hit all the surrounding Canabins before they self destruct. Does anyone have any better uses?
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

I've found damage traps are quite useful, if used right. the exposion on them is quite big and they deal okish damage with a small knockback.

You also forgot slimes in the caves, gather them up and drop 3 of them. either split or get blown up =D
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    I've found damage traps are quite useful, if used right. the exposion on them is quite big and they deal okish damage with a small knockback.

You also forgot slimes in the caves, gather them up and drop 3 of them. either split or get blown up =D
    Yeah, big explosion, knockback, damage, but all those things first of all won't prevent me from getting hit because of the delay in explosion, whereas freeze and confuse traps incapacitate the enemies for the length of two combos. I see how they might be kinda useful if I just toss them out occasionally, but I guess my point is they aren't nearly as useful as freeze and confuse traps.

I also don't really know about using them for slimes... what happens?

The damage traps blow up, dealing damage to them even if they are on the floor moving around as a puddle =D.

I tend to drop a damage trap just before the things get to me, normally with good timing, it explodes just as a finish my combo, allowing me to get the another combo in without taking any damage
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    The damage traps blow up, dealing damage to them even if they are on the floor moving around as a puddle =D.

I tend to drop a damage trap just before the things get to me, normally with good timing, it explodes just as a finish my combo, allowing me to get the another combo in without taking any damage
    Hm, that could help, I hate fighting enemies like Slimes and Deldepths that you have to wait for.

Yeah, that's what I described in my first post, that being the main thing I would see them as being useful for. That would help hunters, not so much rangers I think.

I dont think, that works on deldepths.... in ult they move just too fast to have consistant effects.

To be honest? i'ma load up PSO now and see what else that could be useful for D:

You can kill the slime using one Dt only by using the trap over by where the slime spawned.

You can use it to attack the epsilon if you are in the worse situation possible. (Fail)

You can use it to attack glitched merrisas.

You can use it to irritate people that can see traps by throwing their aim off.

PSO Assassin

you can also use them in battle mode to kill yourself when you run out of HP in order to avoid being killed by your opponent
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

In JP BB, the glitch about merrisa has already been fixed since Ver.1.25.3.

Anyway, just like what Sienna said, you can kill slime only by one damage trap.
    And damage trap is also useful when you need to deal with slime and deldepth in challenge mode.

I'd like the damage trap if is was as powerful as the one in the caves near those boxes where the laser fences are. Turn your tv up and the boom it make is kind of loud. 'Cause I can take plenty of hits, I tend to run into that trap just for the hell of it.
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.