Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

i also play alot of freeplay at night and i personally hate it when then people stop what they are doing and say thank you its annoying if you really want to thank me then go put the shifta and deband to good use and attack something
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Erk...FO's. Stealing my kills with their fancy fairy sparkles. Be men and use your fists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elly_Belly574 View Post
    i have a PSP but its being a douche
    Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    SEGA is run by monkeys.

Yeah I definitely agree with the original poster on this. All of the Japanese players I have seen on free play have been very polite. I think that a possible factor affecting that could be how long ago the game was released in Japan. I am guessing that a good amount of the people who still play PSZ online in Japan probably really enjoy the game since it has been quite a few months since it came out there. I think the kind of players who would prefer to breeze through doing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible may have gotten somewhat bored with the game or simply moved on to something else. Of course there are likely still people in Japan who only recently bought the game too.

Another possible factor is the fact that the Japanese players can identify that you have the American version of the game and are being extra polite for that reason. They could just be that nice though and I would not doubt that.

I do not know if I agree with you disconnecting like you do though. You may come across as being impolite to others for doing so which would be bad. I know that when I have gone online there are rarely that many people on free play so it might not pay to be so picky. It is up to you though and I think that it is perfectly reasonable to expect people to say thank you, hello, and sorry. There may be special circumstances that the people are in where they are unable to use the chat commands like if they set off the trap, but then have to focus on fighting right after that.

I usually use "Leaving to town" twice to say that I'm leaving...though I haven't played free play in a while...mostly because I've been busy. I've noticed most of my friends who actually know about the game already got bored of it... :/ I guess I'm just easily entertained lol

When I do Free Play, I don't say much other than the initial "Hello" and after the boss, "Good Job". If I die and the revive me, I'll thank them, but that's about it. I don't need shifta/deband or even being resta, most of the time, so I don't bother thanking them for something I don't technically need. I can survive without those, in most cases.

If I see an obvious hacker, I'll keep saying "Are you ok?", right in front of them.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

Huh, I would've thought those Japanese would D/C the instant they saw "filthy gaijin" in their games.

"switch, please"
    "I need to leave the game"
    "stay with the group"
    "spread out"

i think those would be good to have.

I LOVED playing with the JP's on Dreamcast! Some of the best runs I've ever had were with them. I had a page or two of JP-only guild cards. I made friends with them, I think. But we lost touch. Sometimes I wonder about them, who they were, were they live now, are they cracked-out PS players still....

I befriended this one lady, she was in her 30's and had a baby boy named Rion. Funny how back then I thought 'wow, she is, like, old, dude'... now I'm in my thirties, still playing PSO/U/Z/P :laugh: We kept in touch by email when DC servers went down, but I did not get GC PSO until a year after it came out (no money back then). I never played with her again. Her name was Kumi, her character Kumirion (her name and her kid's together)

I miss playing with them. I sure wish that most PSU players on 360 would learn from them. They did not rush. after a room was cleared, they'd stop, look around, checked that everyone got all the loot then everyone together moved on to the next one. before a tough room, you didn't have to freaking ask for buff... if someone died in a boss fight, everyone would immediately stop attacking the boss and make sure the fallen teammate was revived.

The most bizarre thing to me was that the waited for each other, and for me as well. If someone needed to bank or shop, they would all put down the controllers and wait. One would say "I get drink please wait", another would use the WC symbol chat... but they fucking waited. not like these punks on 360... they respected the other players' time. they understood what sharing the experience both the literal EXP and the abstract experience of enjoying a game with other humans, was about.

It is a shame I can't play PSU with them.
    SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!

jp isnt so great
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

Quote Originally Posted by jmanx View Post
    jp isnt so great
    fucking brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by leviayurashyguy View Post

now we get to the America's. because im so spoiled, if ppl don't say hello when the instance first starts, i D/C, if they don't say thank you, i D/C, if they don't say sry for detonating a burn trap, killing me in the process i D/C.
    Don't you think it is a million times more rude to disconnect because someone doesn't acknowledge your every little gesture, than it is to forget to thank someone one time. This is why I don't play free play if I can help it.
    In Game Nick : Ethan
    FC: 4555 0876 6068
    My Website with my webcomics:
    http://www.floodworks.net/
    www.twitter.com/ethanede