Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

And a force uses moons or anti on a hunter. I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Also you make it sound like a level 60 force is going to arca. If you're properly leveled for an area you shouldn't be 1 hit. I figured our discussion was assuming the players were at or around the same level.
    Its the fact that both give out damage, and both will revive when needed. The difference is relying on forces for buffs and heals when I could also just be a nuker or say "you have resta, use it" assuming you aren't a CAST. I mean I wouldn't be rude and do that, but I don't think you can say it's "part of the job" when it really is optional. Its more of a courteous thing to do, which is why people do it. I've played PSO with forces who don't buff or heal. I've also played with hunters who don't heal at all and wait for me to do it for them. I just feel like if you're going to take the extra step to buff and heal, especially when the other person is capable of it, you should at least get a thanks once in awhile. I do think spamming thank you in the middle of a battle for every heal is a bit overboard, but I guess I'd rather have that instead of someone ignoring my gestures.

You guys are too focused on the politeness of the japanese players and not focused enough on how they play. They play the better than we do. they understand that the PS games are not hack and slash games, but cooperative RPGs within which a team effort results in a better experience for all. I don't care if a player says hello and thanks me every time I cast resta... what i care about is:

a) they don't rush ahead like most american assholes on the 360 PSU servers do, they INSIST on making the game a cooperative experience and charge a room together. You dont need to run to the gate the very nanosecond the last booma carcass begins to melt into goo in order to get EXP from the next room. GOD HOW I HATE RUSHING LIKE THAT.

b) they share the waiting time, meaning if you need to step away for 2 minutes to take a piss, announce it and apologize for the interruption. BUT, when you return you don't come back to a cleared block, you come back to find that while you were up, one guy went to buy some mates, one poured himself a drink and the other sent a message to his buddy that the run would be done in a few minutes. and they are all exactly where you left them.

these two things to me show a combination of respect and understanding for what the PS games are about. it is not about politeness and manners, it is about enjoying the god damned game

sorry im so cranky just have a splitting headache.
    SEGA!

Run Rabbit Run!!!

/\

what you care about is exactly how all of my runs turn out. Lol in fact the only bad multiplayer experience Ive had with this game was in free play with a japanese player. They didnt say anything, never waited, never healed/buffed (they were a FO) and didnt revive me when I died. I still managed to stick with them for a couple runs even though they were rude.

Im pretty sure that being polite is of more value in their culture thats all. My runs are exactly what you described(im the guy that goes and gets a drink).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkace
    these two things to me show a combination of respect and understanding for what the PS games are about. it is not about politeness and manners, it is about enjoying the god damned game
    And using traps against your teammates
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

I think it would be good if you guys stopped, right now please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Sniper View Post
    I think it would be good if you guys stopped, right now please.
    lol, you gotta remember something about Japan. They used to be war mongers and ruled by their military leaders until they almost got nuked off the face of the planet. And respect is earned not given. Sure some may say that making fun of people will cause some people to do crazy things but I've seen more sheltered asian people flip out when disrespected and want revenge much more so than a person who is used to it and knows how to deal with it. Can't let the fear of crazies control a society. They should be filtered out and no matter where you live you should learn to protect yourself from other people who wish to do you harm and if that means pretending to be nice and not give out your information in online games then so be it. But I'd rather have those people in jail than have them freely roaming around just waiting for someone to say the wrong thing to them because they can't handle it just like the Japanese guy who killed somebody with a sword because he let a friend borrow a rare item in a game but the guy ended up selling it for money. This happened because of trust issues and valuing an item that should be easily lost instead of cherished in an online game. Weeeeeeeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkace View Post
    You guys are too focused on the politeness of the japanese players and not focused enough on how they play. They play the better than we do. they understand that the PS games are not hack and slash games, but cooperative RPGs within which a team effort results in a better experience for all. I don't care if a player says hello and thanks me every time I cast resta... what i care about is:

a) they don't rush ahead like most americans on the 360 PSU servers do, they INSIST on making the game a cooperative experience and charge a room together. You dont need to run to the gate the very nanosecond the last booma carcass begins to melt into goo in order to get EXP from the next room. HOW I HATE RUSHING LIKE THAT.

b) they share the waiting time, meaning if you need to step away for 2 minutes to take a piss, announce it and apologize for the interruption. BUT, when you return you don't come back to a cleared block, you come back to find that while you were up, one guy went to buy some mates, one poured himself a drink and the other sent a message to his buddy that the run would be done in a few minutes. and they are all exactly where you left them.

these two things to me show a combination of respect and understanding for what the PS games are about. it is not about politeness and manners, it is about enjoying the game
    Yeah, I definitely agree with you about how the game should be cooperative. I doubt every Japanese player is perfectly polite, but I have seen many Japanese players wait until I am ready in free play and I really appreciate it. I have never been a fan of people rushing ahead and getting to the boss as soon as possible. I may just be strange, but I prefer to go at a nice pace and I enjoy the game that way. I know that for others running through quickly is more fun, I just disagree with that.

It may be unfair to stereotype American PSZ players as people who constantly rush though the game without caring about everyone else in their party. I know a few American players who really try to be respectful and work cooperatively. Of course, in general I do not see that in free play much. Then again some people would rather you do more damage yourself rather than see you use Resta, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, or Zalure to support the group. It may just be that there are playstyle differences, but I do prefer the type of playstyle that you mention Japanese players seem to often have.

I was just trying to stop the arguing Red Ring. Sure there are going to be some jerks on free play, there are also going to nice people too. There are going to be people that are meh and people that make you want to D/C(weather you do or dont depends on you, I don't). But it doesnt matter who you get, free play is a mixed bag, you get who you get, if you don't like who you get then be the better person and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring View Post
    lol, you gotta remember something about Japan. They used to be war mongers and ruled by their military leaders until they almost got nuked off the face of the planet. And respect is earned not given. Sure some may say that making fun of people will cause some people to do crazy things but I've seen more sheltered asian people flip out when disrespected and want revenge much more so than a person who is used to it and knows how to deal with it. Can't let the fear of crazies control a society. They should be filtered out and no matter where you live you should learn to protect yourself from other people who wish to do you harm and if that means pretending to be nice and not give out your information in online games then so be it. But I'd rather have those people in jail than have them freely roaming around just waiting for someone to say the wrong thing to them because they can't handle it just like the Japanese guy who killed somebody with a sword because he let a friend borrow a rare item in a game but the guy ended up selling it for money. This happened because of trust issues and valuing an item that should be easily lost instead of cherished in an online game. Weeeeeeeeee.
    You're taking a few select people/instances and basing a whole society off of them. Grow up and stop whining about other people's opinions. You pretty much only came on this thread to bitch.
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

I dare you to talk crap to a bunch of asians about one of their family members. They will go schizoid on you. I've lived around asians my whole life. I'd never trust them over other cultures. They steal, seek revenge for long periods of time, stalk, don't know when to stop, pure lunacy. Not all asians are like this, I've seen some being attacked by other asians for pretty much doing nothing just making a single comment about something the crazy asian doesn't agree with. They go on a rampage but then act super friendly and cute shortly after. It's certainly not a culture I'd look to for guidance. Some people watch way too much anime and look at them by how they act in public. I know why they act the way they do. it's because of fear of their own viciousness and that's the truth of the matter. Not to be racist but blacks and mexicans im much more comfortable around and i grew up in the ghetto. I'm white but i was friends with the minorities than my own kind.
    Last edited by Red Ring; Jan 23, 2010 at 02:56 PM.