Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 334041424344 LastLast

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    If you're talking about a private server springing up... don't hold your breathe... PSU is a lot more secured than PSO and so far no one has been able to come even close to setting up a server.
    Aside the fact that someone who posted on a other forum i visit told us he already cracked the encryption and is even working on a login script for a PC server (not sure if he will support ps2 as he doesn't own one).

He seems to be getting help from people as well, so it might as well be very possible that it's gonna happen.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by deathterror View Post
    Aside the fact that someone who posted on a other forum i visit told us he already cracked the encryption and is even working on a login script for a PC server (not sure if he will support ps2 as he doesn't own one).

He seems to be getting help from people as well, so it might as well be very possible that it's gonna happen.

I've seen the topic. I would love for this person to prove me wrong. It definitly seems much more possible now than when I wrote that message.

Frankly I was thrilled when I saw that the servers were closing !

Why are you thrilled about a server closure?

I had pretty much done about everything in PC/PS2....and went to try new things in Japan. At the same time five free servers to my favorite game popped up and I joined all five . I also joined two free servers to the sequal to my favorite game.

As I write this...I have an angry mob chasing me....Something about their spellcasters dying a horrible death. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    Why are you thrilled about a server closure?
    Cause to some people PSU is more then a game (like PSO). To some its part of their life even.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

So it finally happened eh? I'm surprised it stuck around this long.

After about 3 months post launch, i subbed for a couple months, and that was all it took for me..the game just had too much going against it server wise, even then.

The haxeta issues destroyed the economy right away, so i just jumped ship (bad memories of losing chars on pso:bb to hackers "nol"ing your char was too much to bother. I lost a 120+ humar on pso:bb because of that, so i jumped shipped at the first sign of foul play, and i don't regret doing so.) Hackers were making people shout things they didn't type, running around outside the bounds of the world, etc. And lets not forget resetting your pa's...

Segas response? Password your room..Aka, we aren't going to fix it, its your fault for not foreseeing the issue. The responsible thing would have been to bring the entire server down in the first two months, fix the issues, and wipe it clean...not very good PR in the short term, but would have given them a bit more credibility.

Maybe i just expected too much though; with the crafting system, etc, i thought maybe, just maybe, sega had a good idea of what they were doing, and would be competitive...

I suppose i could have let all that go, but the fact remained, it was pay 2 play, and eternally linked to the limitations of the ps2 as well... i could afford it but, with it getting massively hacked left and right, i wondered why they wanted payments at all, seeing as it had a system like diablo 2, which was free to play after the initial purchase, and did much, much more to stop hacking.

There was just so much wrong with it..i loved the game itself, but i couldn't bring myself to pay per month for it; Charging a monthly fee, at least on the pc, put it in direct competition with mmo's imo. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Could have turned a blind eye to it and just enjoyed it if not for that. I think they need to invest more time into the pc version in the future other than just porting it, or not make a pc version at all.

The silver lining is that maybe, a private server will surface now...free to play and it be hard todo a worse job than sega did with the official server.

Then again, at least as far as PC is concerned, maybe sega should just co-develop and let a more competent company take over apon release, they don't seem to understand at all how to run an online game, particularly when pc is a platform...there will be cheaters, there will be hackers, etc, and frankly, crappy f2p mmo's with cash shops do far and away better than sega ever did, and they don't even charge monthly fees. Either put the effort in or just make it console only, make it much easier that way.

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

Yes, keep talking about private servers. Ryna loves it when you talk about them.

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

T_T man i am quite sad it ended this early BUT i digress this may be hte best thing for the ps2/pc hopefully they will learn and make a game more like PSP2 for ps3/pc/360 and release that with all the item creation that PSU had. That would be awsome if ya ask me.

I was on day 1 and almost a whole year. Sadly i coudlnt aford to keep playing but i loved it a ton.
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up