Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

im willing to bet that this is some kind of half ass marketing strategy to see if its worth keeping the PC/PS2 servers up

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

This would be sad if my characters (which have remained unused for over a year) were on the US servers.
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStriker View Post
    Let's cyber.
    No U :|, you been with other ones =P.

Good night, sweet PC/PS2 PSU. And flights of Ethans sing thee to thy rest.

I beg of you Sega. Beg. If you're going to make another Phantasy Star arpg with a set story mode protagonist, make him or her better than Ethan. Please.

I've been contemplating these past few weeks if I should quit or not. Ah they did it for me.

While we are sad to see the PC/PS2 version of Phantasy Star Universe end, the year 2010 is the 10th anniversary of Phantasy Star Online -- and this server / service closure is helping to pave the way for bigger and better things for the Phantasy Star franchise in the very near future!
    Ah so this means Phantasy Star Portable 2 announcement and that, *cracks whip* it will have free online play, *cracks whip* it will have regular updates with DLC missions and free items (Vc2), *cracks whip* it will have cash items, and finally *cracks whip* it will have an SoA equivalent to the Japanese exclusive collaboration items.

Missing any of those features will have history repeat itself.

It's unfortunate but inevitable, and while I've come to take anything Sega says with a grain of salt, getting PC/PS2 PSU out of the way to move onto better things makes sense even to me. Even with all of Sega's history, I find it believable that this was a necessary mercy killing.

If what they were hinting at was the announcement of regional PSP2, then they'll have my approval (assuming they don't butcher it to hell and strip it of infrastructure mode--the collabs would be too much to hope for at this point, though). Hopefully their plans for the immediate future add up to more than just announcing the supplemental update for the 360 server, though I hope that those playing there do get it.

I don't know what I'll do. I've been doing other things than PSU--I was planning on playing again for MAG+, but now I'm not sure whether I'm just going to let it go or get the 360 version now and use MAG+ to catch up. In either case, the time's come for me to finish Episode III, and I suppose there's always Phantasy Star Zero and private PSOBB after that. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
    Last edited by Allison_W; Jan 21, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    No U :|, you been with other ones =P.
    Come to 360 all of you crazy honkeys, GT:LegendaryAlpal

If you do I'll be there with cookies and Kool Aid

OH YEAH

Well, we always did say that Sega should merge the PC/PS2 servers with the 360 servers.

They just has a...."different" way of doing it.

Their own, special, SEGA way.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jan 21, 2010 at 07:48 PM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

O.O rrraaaghhh this is not the end sega the true form of the great darkness, Falkis a.k.a sega will lose. because I can still see the light even tho the darkness comes. I will not give up I will not die I will keep the fight in the darkness. My heart is pure which thou cans`t touch I was there in the beginning and will be there to the end of the days of the dark one, which will fall before the light."Light, darkness,....a pair, no,.....exist, no exist....unlimited, seal, .... MUUT DITTS POUMN". the light shall return in a whole new time. AH....GAH......UBWAAAAAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    O.O rrraaaghhh this is not the end sega the true form of the great darkness, Falkis a.k.a sega will lose. because I can still see the light even tho the darkness comes. I will not give up I will not die I will keep the fight in the darkness. My heart is pure which thou cans`t touch I was there in the beginning and will be there to the end of the days of the dark one, which will fall before the light."Light, darkness,....a pair, no,.....exist, no exist....unlimited, seal, .... MUUT DITTS POUMN". the light shall return in a whole new time. AH....GAH......UBWAAAAAA!!!
    Holy Shit the short bus dropped him off early!