Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Great, its the second time I go into a server of the PS series to have it die shortly after...

No idea what to do, was enjoying the game (in the getting incredibly addicted part) and was almost getting 2 new players and I barely know japanese (few disjointed words and some words about food ), so I'm not sure I would get to enjoy JP PSU.

I can't say they haven't had some reasons for such measure, but it saddens me a lot because I feel there were ways to save the game, but that doesn't matter now.

Well, good luck to all PS2/PC players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayto the Fighmaster View Post
    I'm sorry for the PC/Ps2 servers, but From what I was told, PS2 was a practical ghost town.

If they closed down the Ps2/Pc sides, how much longer do WE the 360 players Have?
    My guess is the beginning of next year at the latest...unless the population takes a quick drop before that.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    My guess is the beginning of next year at the latest...unless the population takes a quick drop before that.
    Oh well this is lovely... Now I feel bad for all the PC/Ps2 players.

well good thing I have a JP PSU/PSP2 Char as a back up...kinda lol

Well, good thign I stopepd my sub months ago before thsi happened lolz
    Last edited by ashley50; Jan 21, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Wow. Hard to believe. I knew it was coming, but I didn't think it would happen this early. Even though I just jumped over to the JP ship a few days ago this still really makes me sad. Lots of memories on PC/PS2.

If anyone plans to start over now would be the time if you have a 360. With MAG+ and all. The Great Arms Race is still going on over on the JP side too if anyone is thinking about going over there. Hopefully they will take better care of the next Phantasy Star game in the West.

PSO2 JP - ピザ

Wow SEGAC actually LITERALLY killed PSU.

Wow I guess we all saw that coming eventually but still to shut it down and tell them they arent even going to keep the servers up for them to at least continue to play the game, for those who want to. Thats seriously bogus. I still dont understand why they couldnt just combine JP and EU/NA servers, kinda seems bogus that the ps2 side doesnt get to see those updates. Oh well not my concern I play on the Xbox but who knows how long thatll even last. I guess we have what 6 months?

Does anyone have any ideas of possible private server picking up the PC version anytime soon or is it still too soon to know this?

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    Wow SEGAC actually LITERALLY killed PSU.
    Maybe we should think of this as a mercy killing. Like shooting the still-alive deer that you just crippled with your car.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfish97 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas of possible private server picking up the PC version anytime soon or is it still too soon to know this?
    It's too soon to tell. Advertising this sort of thing while any official servers are still active would not be a very smart idea.

....ouch..

Oh well, like people said it was inevitable. Hmm I don't think i'll try getting my 360 PSU to work now. Its kinda nice ina way I started just before MAG and played it religiously and now the game will end almost full circle from where I started. i've never got a character to max level on PSO from DC days, nor did I cap a char on GC PSO but at least MAG+ will let me cap a character in Phantasy Star.

I have a feeling the community may get bigger than ever ebfore in the last few months, here's to hoping. Anyone who hasn't played this game think I'm crazy to have spent over 1000 hours on this, but such good memories. Hopefully in the coming weeks i'll bump into some old faces I used to play with and new ones too

Its been an awesome few years, and rather than complaining that SEGA's terminating the server i'd like to thank them for making another amazing Phantasy Star game. Regardless of update issues etc that we've all complained about over the years. They made a great game all in all adding so much to where PSO left off.

Good luck to everyone over the coming months

Tifa