Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Suddenly, a new Online PS game with no monthly fee but a barrage of paid DLC itmes, missions, events, etc....
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

lol "surprise!" psu is shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by Immovable One View Post
    Suddenly, a new Online PS game with no monthly fee but a barrage of paid DLC itmes, missions, events, etc....
    DLC items... but stop, thanks!

I don't wanna pay cash for missions!

Quote Originally Posted by Alis-Landeel View Post
    DLC items... but stop, thanks!

I don't wanna pay cash for missions!
    Face it, they'll earn more money that way (not to mention that this kind of payment system works better for PSO/PSU). Especially if they merge the servers and/or make it peer to peer connection. They'll even get a guaranteed 50-60 bucks if they have us use a serial key that renders our purchased copies non-resalable.

One thing's for sure though - if the servers are not merge, play the JP version.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Doesn't matter wtf they make next. If it gets handled the same way PSU was managed, gonna end up in the shitter as well.

I don't or have ever played wow, but if they intend on competing at all in the online mmo business in the future I hope they take a very close look at how some american companies handle their customer support, updates, security, etc. Blizzard does this and keeps millions of players coming back for more every year.

PSU was a really good game that completely fell victim to half ass management, shitty GM's, no security, no support, constant bugs, rollbacks, and no advertising. How they expected the game to do anything other then fail is beyond me.

So like I said, really isn't important what they're next big thing is. Unless you wanna enjoy the same fun filled rollertoaster that was PSU, it doesn't matter.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Xavier View Post
    What I want is to be able to play a Phantasy Star game that is graphically as good as Oblivion.
    Stopped reading there.

No.

I don't want my characters looking hideous.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Cracka_J Actually WOW is hitting hard times too most ppl over there at the blizzard forums are pissed at it too pretty much the same thing too. there hoping the new expanion will turn things for them since they did lose like 6-7 mil in pop in the last 5-6 months. Many ppl are also mad that there take away time from making other games like Diablo and Star Craft. It seems that many MMO`s are having a hard time since 07. some even losing respect for the companies blame the economy (lol). at this rate maybec we could as a community make a better PS title then the ST team in JP and maybec get done faster too. since we all know what we want out of it that it took 3 years form the announcement to the launch of the game and by then the PS3 came out. lol .... side note there mite not be any good company to compire with in this time and age as far as it goes for MMo`s that is...hmm which one is Segac the lead monkey or the rear monkey in the congo line. o.o

I always though it was strange that SEGA never made a version of PSU for the PS3. There might have been some logic to the move back when the PS3 was still back compatible with PS2 games but what about afterwards, because of this I never really felt comforatble with PSU's longevity.

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, now that the PS2 is more or less dead it would be nice to see TRUE 'NEXT GEN' ( technicinally this would be 'this gen' but you guys get my drift ) Phantasy Star game. Now that SEGA no longer have to work around the PS2's limitations they can make a game with bigger enviroments with more variety and more detail, better character designs and character animations and more stuff in general.

I am hoping that the "10th Anniverary surprise" is a sequel to PSO or a brand new game that has PSP2's gameplay rather than a HD Update of PSO or shitty port of the original game ( not that I have anything against a staright port of PSO, it's just that I have played that to death and it is hard to get excited about the sam old, stuff that I have played for almost a decade ). I also want SEGA to show some love to Offline gamers. I hated the way the offline version of PSU wasn't even worth playing at all since there was no content at all. I know SEGA make most of thier money through Online fees but if the Offline portion of the game is worth playing more people will buy it and most of those people will eventually try out the Online mode if they are happy with the Offline game. I think SEGA really fucked up with PSU by making PSU offline dull and boring , it didn't help that the Online version of the game didn't have any content for months either, many would argue that it still doesn't have any content. If SEGA does make a new Phantasy Star game then they need make sure it has content both Offline and especially Online, they need to support it regualarly with patched and in the case of the Online game, new missions and items.

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    I always though it was strange that SEGA never made a version of PSU for the PS3. There might have been some logic to the move back when the PS3 was still back compatible with PS2 games but what about afterwards, because of this I never really felt comforatble with PSU's longevity.

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest, now that the PS2 is more or less dead it would be nice to see TRUE 'NEXT GEN' ( technicinally this would be 'this gen' but you guys get my drift ) Phantasy Star game. Now that SEGA no longer have to work around the PS2's limitations they can make a game with bigger enviroments with more variety and more detail, better character designs and character animations and more stuff in general.

I am hoping that the "10th Anniverary surprise" is a sequel to PSO or a brand new game that has PSP2's gameplay rather than a HD Update of PSO or shitty port of the original game ( not that I have anything against a staright port of PSO, it's just that I have played that to death and it is hard to get excited about the sam old, stuff that I have played for almost a decade ). I also want SEGA to show some love to Offline gamers. I hated the way the offline version of PSU wasn't even worth playing at all since there was no content at all. I know SEGA make most of thier money through Online fees but if the Offline portion of the game is worth playing more people will buy it and most of those people will eventually try out the Online mode if they are happy with the Offline game. I think SEGA really fucked up with PSU by making PSU offline dull and boring , it didn't help that the Online version of the game didn't have any content for months either, many would argue that it still doesn't have any content. If SEGA does make a new Phantasy Star game then they need make sure it has content both Offline and especially Online, they need to support it regualarly with patched and in the case of the Online game, new missions and items.
    Spot on. In all honesty the PS2 needs to be elminated for this game to grow, or to make way for the next PS game. The PS2 held back PSU greatly, and everyone suffered for it. I agree with you 100% about offline mode. I am so dissapointed with the way they handled offline content in PSU. One of my best friends is an old PSO vet who always wanted to play PSU, but does not have internet, he played the offline portion and was so dissapointed. Sad cause I wanted him to like the game. I understand offline equals less content than online, but PSU V.1 offline is ridiculous. Sega needs to realize alot of people who also love PS are not going to be online, and that the offline portion needs to be able to stand on its own as a full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    Doesn't matter wtf they make next. If it gets handled the same way PSU was managed, gonna end up in the shitter as well.

I don't or have ever played wow, but if they intend on competing at all in the online mmo business in the future I hope they take a very close look at how some american companies handle their customer support, updates, security, etc. Blizzard does this and keeps millions of players coming back for more every year.

PSU was a really good game that completely fell victim to half ass management, shitty GM's, no security, no support, constant bugs, rollbacks, and no advertising. How they expected the game to do anything other then fail is beyond me.

So like I said, really isn't important what they're next big thing is. Unless you wanna enjoy the same fun filled rollertoaster that was PSU, it doesn't matter.
    whatever might coming next, my plan is to play JP server only this time anyway

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server