Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    I have never understood this notion. I've always found that a game changes little to me from console to PC or back again (except for matters like port quality, modability, or version, which don't have a lot to do with the "feel" of a PC or console). Then again, I've been playing both PC and console games for several years now.

Perhaps your problem is that you need to use a gamepad. (Though I've played many console-style games on a keyboard with no trouble, even Blue Burst.)
    Nah, I played with a gamepad, a 360 controller actually, which I was already used to since I clocked in over 2000 hours on xbox pso ep 1 and 2, using a controller s which was similar.

Its hard to explain. I've started playing PSO the second day it was released in the U.S. on dreamcast. For me, it was my first online rpg ever. After playing that non-stop, I eventually upgraded to ver2, then when gamecube pso was announced, brought a gc and pso ep 1 and 2 for that. Finally, after the xbox version was released, I got it for that console. I was always used to playing PSO on consoles, just like I was used to playing RTS games on the PC, and diablo 2.

I was always used to kicking back on the couch/laying in the bed, with keyboard on the side playing pso on consoles. When I first played blue burst, I just didn't feel right at all. I've played blue burst for a long time on segas official servers, but I quit sometime after getting bored waiting for ultimate to release. Since I was a previous maplestory player, I already knew the deal with gameguard, soon people started cheating on blue burst, I just called it quits.

To me, a PSO type game will never feel "right" on a PC. All my friends I played with since the dreamcast days of PSO felt the same, its just a personal preference to play on a console is all.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Besides the fact that my PC was gimp, the smaller screen did bother me for a little while too when playing Blue Burst. Which in turn didn't feel as relaxed and comfortable.
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

I hope if there's a new online Phantasy Star game it's multi-platform (PC/PS3/XBox360) with all the servers connected, so everyone can play in their prefered platform and meet people from all platforms.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I hope if there's a new online Phantasy Star game it's multi-platform (PC/PS3/XBox360) with all the servers connected, so everyone can play in their prefered platform and meet people from all platforms.
    future xbox360 game won't be able to connect to any server, because of Microsoft sticky rule.
    Not even FF14 can do that, so SQE just decide to not make xbox360 version for that game now.

the best bet is to do what FF14 is doing by making a big server which is worldwide and only for PS3 and PC.
    Last edited by Arika; Feb 6, 2010 at 11:38 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

actually games like shadowrun and lost planet can comunicate with their PC counterparts just fine. Also Final fantasy 11 360 players can play with thier PC PS2 counterparts. The reason why Sega used Xbox Live for PSU is because Microsoft can handle their security for them while Sega can sit back and not have to maintain the servers security themselves.
    Im really not that dangerous...

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apone View Post
    actually games like shadowrun and lost planet can comunicate with their PC counterparts just fine. Also Final fantasy 11 360 players can play with thier PC PS2 counterparts. The reason why Sega used Xbox Live for PSU is because Microsoft can handle their security for them while Sega can sit back and not have to maintain the servers security themselves.
    360 to PC is a different situation. Microsoft has no trouble with connecting to PC games. That's why you see a lot of 360 exclusives come to PC as well, such as Gears of War and Mass Effect. FF11 was only able to connect with the other servers because Square went over MS' head and hosted their own servers. Microsoft didn't like this, so now all 360 games must be hosted by Microsoft. In order to prevent such a thing as FF11 happening again.

Yeah, Microsoft is a bunch of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    future xbox360 game won't be able to connect to any server, because of Microsoft sticky rule.
    Not even FF14 can do that, so SQE just decide to not make xbox360 version for that game now.

the best bet is to do what FF14 is doing by making a big server which is worldwide and only for PS3 and PC.
    There's a rumour that Final Fantasy XIV might come to XBox360 as well.
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Final-Fa...news-5721.html
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Well look at this. I leave the Phantasy Star community for a month and... the servers are about to shut down and Sega's dropped some rumors. Since it's Phantasy Star Online's anniversary, I'm hoping it'll have to do with that and not another PSU-like game.

All I can say is... 2010 could either be a great year for Sega... or they could shoot themselves in the foot. With Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and this anniversary coming up, we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    There's a rumour that Final Fantasy XIV might come to XBox360 as well.
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Final-Fa...news-5721.html

that rumor is weird, FF14 PC version has been confirmed for a very long time now (together with the PS3 version). I even applied for the PC version beta test already. It said that PC beta test will come first then follow by PS3..

Then, that link says that PC and xbox version might coming? (why put PC which is already confirmed long ago and xbox which is just unlikely rumor together? )

anyway, if you want to know about FF, you should check info from FF dedicated website, they mentioned about xbox360 server in the past, and also said that it won't be coming because Microsoft want to separate their server with PS3 and PC, while square want to merge all.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

PSO Assassin

it's not that unlikely actually..

1. FFXI has had all servers linked as well
    2. it has been reported that MHF servers will be linked with the PC servers. not from the beginning, but at a later date..
    3. we all know that ANY developer would pay millions of $$$ to get ANY Final Fantasy game on their platform, why should M$ miss out on a chance like this? ;P

oh, and when did either Square Enix, or M$ confirm that FFXIV will not come to 360 because M$ wanted to have seperated servers? The reason it hasn't been announced for 360 yet might as well be Sony paying some extra cash to get it exclusevely (except PC) for a few weeks/months
    it wouldn't be the first time in history that something like this happens..
    in fact, it's all about money these days..
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)