Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Microsoft may not want to merge servers, but Microsoft wants final fantasy, so they will allow it, again. Microsoft and Sega are a totally different story lol

I only wish there are not separate regional servers, I want the same updates japan gets, at the same time.

I remember hearing, multiple times, that the reason many Asian developers are wary of putting their online games on the 360 is due to MS demanding a sizable chunk of the profits. MS may play nice and offer to host the servers, but they make up for this by demanding a lot of the profits brought in from it. I've heard it said that this isn't how Japanese game companies do business, and they've shied away from MS due in part to this.

Personally, I think the big "Surprise" will be a new cross-platform Phantasy Star MMO that makes a huge step away from all the previous games.

If I had to guess, I'd expect them to do something that PSO/PSU has never done before but people would like. such as large scale PVP (Like the Realm V.S. Realm feature found in Dark age of Camelot and Warhammer) or perhaps something we've never seen in an MMO like user-made content similar to what Mod Nation Racers and Little Big Planet have done....but online. You'd be able to make (within reason) new areas and quests, but you'd of course be unable to stock them with rare items or monsters. Still, it would be clever. Entire planets could be made by users and populated with thousands of user made dungeons.

Phantasy Star Galaxy.

hahahaha.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I like that idea. A huge PS game spanning multiple planets, persistent + instanced areas, vehicles *cough*, PvP, constant updates, and actual advertising.

Hey, I like the sound of Phantasy Star Galaxy. Sounds like a dream to me.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    I like that idea. A huge PS game spanning multiple planets, persistent + instanced areas, vehicles *cough*, PvP, constant updates, and actual advertising.

Galaxy sounds like a downgrade from Universe!

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

What else would they really use? Not like Phantasy Star "Universe" made much sense anyhow
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

PSO Assassin

well.. they could call it Phantasy Star Online... and maybe add a subtitle.. or a "2"..

other games do it, too.. look at FFXI Online and FFXIV Online, or Diablo, Diablo 2 and Diablo 3..
    it's simple and good xD
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post

Sounds more like Phantasy Star Dimension.

Hey, it's easier to Google "PSD" than "PSU." I came up with at least 3 million instances of Penn State University. I wonder if they use airboards on campus?

Character ID: 中原小麦

Whoo! PSO ep. 5!!!
    I don't like the idea of what happened to Ragol/Rykros in PSU, so here's to hoping for a PSO game that doesn't take PSU into account...plus I've always liked the PSO art style better.

Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

I told you guys a long time ago. And it was agreed upon that the next title should be named Phantasy Star Millennium.
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I told you guys a long time ago. And it was agreed upon that the next title should be named Phantasy Star Millennium.

The Millennium ended 10 years ago. Then they should have called PSO PSM instead.