Question Tech-level Boost

The tech guide lists info for tech lvls 1-15.
    If you equip a Tech-level Boost unit, wouldn't that give you lvl 16 techs (if you have lvl 15 techs)? If so, shouldn't the guide cover lvl 16 techs?
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.

I think it works like the element boost slot unit in that if you are already at the limit you cannot increase your tech level any more. I doubt the game has programming for either level 16 techniques or level 6 elements.

Ah well that sucks. I've got about 5 of those tech-level boost units and all my techs are lvl 15.

Suppose it couldn't hurt to throw one on, to check, but you're probably right.

Edit:
    Threw one on, but all my techs still say lvl 15. So... I've got 4 of these things, so far, with no use for them. heh

Sega really should have allowed techs to go up to lvl 16, with this unit. Not allowing it pretty much makes it useless, unless you're not a force character.
    Last edited by Cruciarius; Jan 25, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

even if you're not a force your max is 10 no matter what.
    PSZER0
    Nickname: Clayton
    FC 3567-1914-2135

So that means, once you have your highest tech lvl, this unit is useless for any class.

so what about humans. They cap at ten. Can they use a boosts to go to eleven?

According to what hazard said, I'm assuming only force can get to tech lvl 11+. All other classes cap at lvl 10.

Well, Tech level boost may seem completely useless but it is however useful to FOcast/FOcaseal

Future Hall of Famer

Yeah it's pretty useless. I tried using it with my hunter I was trying to use as a tech caster with a slicer and divine minds. The highest you can go is 10. Once you top out your techs there is no nedd for it.

I'm assuming due to no need for it when techs are capped with tech disks, it has no trade value?