Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Girl gamers are different than guy gamers. Guys don't tend to play games for fashion shows and social networking. Guys tend to grind away at the mechanics of the game since no one is trying to virtually get them pregnant. Sure there are casual gamers who don't care about the game and play it in moderation but the guy nerds who really care about the game tend to have issues with the lost content of the game when they are shut down more so than girls who don't really care and will infest any moderately good game that they can frolic in with friends.

For example, look at that recent star trek action movie. Guy nerds were raging that the movie was for other audiences than just trek fans. No one cared and the movie studios got tons of money anyway from the general populous than just their nerd core audience of guys and also girls who only really like star trek for social reasons rather than the more nerdy guy things.

Guys get shafted when it comes to entertainment. It's hard to explain to a girl or people who are more casual. to some of us like myself it's simply not worth dealing with at all to try and play long term and grind away at the game as it's not sexy like girls giggling and rolling in flowers in PSU.

To take PSU seriously for its content is just not worth it.
    Last edited by Red Ring; Jan 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring View Post

For example, look at that recent star trek action movie. Guy nerds were raging that the movie was for other audiences than just trek fans. No one cared and the movie studios got tons of money anyway from the general populous than just their nerd core audience of guys and also girls who only really like star trek for social reasons rather than the more nerdy guy things.
    It's rare I agree with something so much to have to quote ya again. This statement here is so true. Saw the movie (not a Star Trek fan) and thought it was average at best, but not the best film like everyone kept saying.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

The end conclusion of my point is that nerds are too critical for their own good. They try to take something seriously but as soon as they do that they see how pointless it is and have no desire to play anymore. Like If I started playing PSOBB right now from scratch the first thing I'd be pissed about is not having any good items i used to have because I'm certainly not going to play through the levels that I've played through 100's of times before with junk gear. Almost like a billionaire losing all his money and having to work at mcdonalds. Screw that I'm out of here. BANG! On the other hand a girl would make friends with her coworkers and talk about the party she's going to this weekend.

This is why I can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring View Post
    Girl gamers are different than guy gamers. Guys don't tend to play games for fashion shows and social networking. Guys tend to grind away at the mechanics of the game since no one is trying to virtually get them pregnant. Sure there are casual gamers who don't care about the game and play it in moderation but the guy nerds who really care about the game tend to have issues with the lost content of the game when they are shut down more so than girls who don't really care and will infest any moderately good game that they can frolic in with friends.

Guys get shafted when it comes to entertainment. It's hard to explain to a girl or people who are more casual. to some of us like myself it's simply not worth dealing with at all to try and play long term and grind away at the game as it's not sexy like girls giggling and rolling in flowers in PSU.

To take PSU seriously for its content is just not worth it.
    I don't know whether to take offense or just laugh so I guess I'll just laugh...lol
    I am a female gamer but, contrary to your belief, I am a hardcore grinding machine when it comes to getting the best of stuff from PSU. I guess I liked the best of both worlds, I enjoyed getting my great palette but I think the key was the great friends I made online that kept me from getting bored with PSU. There was a time I was getting a littlebored but Imet some new friends and entered a different aspect of the game...TA... Before the TA rant goes on I have to say if you like TA you like it, if you don't you don't. I happened to enjoy setting goals for myself to accomplish.

In a nut shell, I have a 40 hour a week job, 3 children and bills to pay. That stuff comes first. PSU is something I enjoy and really appreciate my friends I have on the US server. I hate to lose the stuff I worked hard to get but life goes on. I, myself, have decided to move to the jp servers with some good friends and continue the fun and it has been fun... same just in a different location.
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Tianna: Lvl 160 F Cast..GM 20, FM 15, PT 15, FG 20, FF 15, Fg 10
    Sierra Fawn: Lvl 50 F Human..FF 11
    Witch Weigh: Lvl 75 F Newman..FT 14
    April A. Wine: Lvl 42 F Beast..FF 11

Simple and to the point trade list here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151882

Well, I stopped playing PSU on the US PC/PS2 servers a while ago and began playing PSP2 in my free time. With the servers closing, I'll probably continue playing PSP2 just because I enjoy it more than I ever did PSU. It also reinforces the idea that from now on I'll only buy PSO-related games in their Japanese versions so not to deal with these issues with content, updates, and eventual early cancellation of servers.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Gonna play PSO GC again as well some of the following

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    PS0 once it releases here
    PSUP2 once it released here
    Perfect World (MMO i just gave a shot yesterday, so far its fun)
    Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the new World

So yeah i have plenty of games to play right now aside PSU.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

When I look back on what made me play Phantasy Star games for years at a time all I can say is that it was trying to get all the rares that I wanted to play with in the game and every time I successfully did that not even the good level designs could keep me playing. There was just no endgame to any of the phantasy stars that i've played. I don't know what else to say other than is it really worth for me at least to waste the time getting all the rares if I'm going to feel like I'm wasting my time to continue playing? Pretty hard to justify and not even online "friends" I meet make it any better, lol...So I do think Phantasy Star has a life cycle which is why they dump the games and stop supporting them. It calls into question why work so hard for something that will be lost. Not even games like PSP2 can really save you especially when they pull the same trick where they release expansions that you simply must buy. Eventually your work will no longer be supported and there will be better offerings. It's a never ending work cycle so I don't see why anyone should care about the game ending. It's just going to startup again and I for one don't plan to waste my time with long term goals that will only lead to nothing thus making the whole point of phantasy star as nothing more than a ride that restarts when sega needs more money.

Casual gamers and females will always win with this, lol. Which is why MMORPGs can bite me.

EVE Online however has had a perfect track record of free expansions and has been up since 2003.
    Last edited by Red Ring; Jan 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Having checked my schedule for March/April, I've been made aware of that I'll be having the 1st of April free from school. Unless anything unexpected comes up, I'll do my darndest to be there to witness the exact moment when the servers go down and I get disconnected. After that I'll wave goodbye to my characters and blow a kiss farewell to the world of Online Roleplaying Games. I'm way too obsessive about games like this. I promised myself to make PSU my last online roleplaying experience and it'll be with my best interest in mind to keep it that way.

PSP2 or better yet... FFXIV

I do believe I gave the De Ragan Slayer as well as alot of other items for the past 6 months or so. I was trying to give new players more reason to stay and improve our population...seems I failed

The jp server is nice, just a good bit learning involved but some EN players have made it easier. I am trying to be as polite as possible to fit in since I am a bit out of my culture zone. I used to play on the PSO servers with some very nice jp players and I'm sure it will be the same his go around.
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Tianna: Lvl 160 F Cast..GM 20, FM 15, PT 15, FG 20, FF 15, Fg 10
    Sierra Fawn: Lvl 50 F Human..FF 11
    Witch Weigh: Lvl 75 F Newman..FT 14
    April A. Wine: Lvl 42 F Beast..FF 11

Simple and to the point trade list here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151882