Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games & genders

Default Games & genders

Red Ring...

I know exactly what males and females are capable of doing in the world of gaming and when all the chips are down. Years ago I played a certain shooter that had a high learning curve, and I came to know several girls who played who eventually were picked on..

These girls said "enough is enough" and I asked a friend to join them and she came and said "I challenged a bunch of boy clanners to a match" and I was like "you did what???" and they asked me to help train them..

I noticed that a lot of what women did in the real world, they did in-game as well. Never travel the middle of a map, travel in groups of two or more and skim the outline of a map while supporting each other as something basic and natural.

Originally, I was on the fence if I should help or not...since I figured they dug their own hole, they should get out of it...Then the males wanted to truly dominate the female team so they brought in some of their top gamers to start insulting and attacking their forums.

So I decided to train them in some brutal and harsh ways because I wanted to see them do their best. Win and the argument ends...lose and everyone will use that match as a measure to say girls can't play that game...so it was high stakes..

Of course you probably are wondering the outcome of the match and if this story is true or not...but as people in the FPS world say "If no screenshot exists, then it didn't happen." So here are the screenshots

Notice that the girls team won all three maps and even a top elite who had played for weeks in preparation for the match said "fuck I'm rusty"...

My advice to you is go to non-mainstream gaming and meet the males and females there for a completely new breed of gamers and stop making generalizations.

A gamer is a gamer in the end....and I know many males who play to just have fun and not grind away...while I know many females who love the grind and play because of it.
    Last edited by Keilyn; Jan 26, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Awwww, I kinda like being underestimated...lol
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Tianna: Lvl 160 F Cast..GM 20, FM 15, PT 15, FG 20, FF 15, Fg 10
    Sierra Fawn: Lvl 50 F Human..FF 11
    Witch Weigh: Lvl 75 F Newman..FT 14
    April A. Wine: Lvl 42 F Beast..FF 11

Simple and to the point trade list here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151882

Quote Originally Posted by Tianna View Post
    I don't know whether to take offense or just laugh so I guess I'll just laugh...lol
    I am a female gamer but, contrary to your belief, I am a hardcore grinding machine when it comes to getting the best of stuff from PSU. I guess I liked the best of both worlds, I enjoyed getting my great palette but I think the key was the great friends I made online that kept me from getting bored with PSU. There was a time I was getting a littlebored but Imet some new friends and entered a different aspect of the game...TA... Before the TA rant goes on I have to say if you like TA you like it, if you don't you don't. I happened to enjoy setting goals for myself to accomplish.

In a nut shell, I have a 40 hour a week job, 3 children and bills to pay. That stuff comes first. PSU is something I enjoy and really appreciate my friends I have on the US server. I hate to lose the stuff I worked hard to get but life goes on. I, myself, have decided to move to the jp servers with some good friends and continue the fun and it has been fun... same just in a different location.
    How are you moving the to JP servers? And are you that nice player that gave Trina that De Ragan Slayer?
    Last edited by blazingsonic; Jan 26, 2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

um, I don't think redring realizes that the majority of "fashion shows and social networking", at least when it comes to being PSU related, were led by males. not females.

so yeah, please don't blame the women for something like that.
    just because it's retarded doesn't mean a woman did it.

at least, not all the time.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

@Keilyn: I've been playing alot of games with female players and i must say they're mostly more enjoyable then with male players. It is more fun cause they play the game mostly diffrently, yet still in a good way that even can be better then the way the male plays a game.

Also i am one of these few males who enjoys a game and doesn't grind away. I never cared for grind or % on a weapon on PSU and i never will. A 50% weapons means just as much to me as a 20% =D

I also agree, a gamer is a gamer, gender doesn't matter a thing. I play(ed) with about 20 diffrent girls on Medal Of Honor Allied Assault always with teamspeak and it is much more fun mostly then with only guys. Not to mention i got my ass handed serval times during those games.

Nice post and lol at that guys excuse, i also like how you got a win with a 3v5 team even (unless someone left already)

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by deathterror View Post
    >>It is more fun cause they play the game mostly diffrently, yet still in a good way that even can be better then the way the male plays a game.

>>Also i am one of these few males who enjoys a game and doesn't grind away.
    facepalm.jpg

for one, they usually have guys around them who have "claimed" her which makes the whole game a douche fest revolving around her. I also always pretend to be a girl because way back when i started playing online games it was considered uber l337 to use girl characters and pwn nubz but these days guys actually think you are a girl and it becomes creepy until you start swearing at them. but really i haven't met a truly worthy girl worth having around who doesn't contribute to spoiling the game. If you act like a dick around them by treating them as just another guy they instantly shun you which leads to lots of annoying things besides just shock like telling everyone to leave and play elsewhere or trying to make you pay personally for the behavior by trying to make you die and not help in the game. They also do silly cute things like those competitive fps screenshots. i dont care how good they are lol. they arent one of the guys and never will be. im sure they get along well with male force players because those kinds of people are pretty reserved.

i dont consider myself a competitive gamer its just part of my motivation in a game to find out what the best things are in the game and finding out the fastest and most efficient way of getting those items rather than dicking around not caring and never getting them. with such an attitude i doubt i will ever meet a girl who can appreciate such a gamer.im pretty antisocial when it comes to gaming and just work on what i personally want in the game sometimes being a dick towards lower levels or people who get in the way of what im doing. whenever theres a girl all hell breaks loose around me lol.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ring View Post
    facepalm.jpg

for one, they usually have guys around them who have "claimed" her which makes the whole game a douche fest revolving around her. I also always pretend to be a girl because way back when i started playing online games it was considered uber l337 to use girl characters and pwn nubz but these days guys actually think you are a girl and it becomes creepy until you start swearing at them. but really i haven't met a truly worthy girl worth having around who doesn't contribute to spoiling the game. If you act like a dick around them by treating them as just another guy they instantly shun you which leads to lots of annoying things besides just shock like telling everyone to leave and play elsewhere or trying to make you pay personally for the behavior by trying to make you die and not help in the game. They also do silly cute things like those competitive fps screenshots. i dont care how good they are lol. they arent one of the guys and never will be. im sure they get along well with male force players because those kinds of people are pretty reserved.

i dont consider myself a competitive gamer its just part of my motivation in a game to find out what the best things are in the game and finding out the fastest and most efficient way of getting those items rather than dicking around not caring and never getting them. with such an attitude i doubt i will ever meet a girl who can appreciate such a gamer.im pretty antisocial when it comes to gaming and just work on what i personally want in the game sometimes being a dick towards lower levels or people who get in the way of what im doing. whenever theres a girl all hell breaks loose around me lol.
    And so, a tru elitelist has spoken.

Sorry man but your posts really make me laugh.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by deathterror View Post
    And so, a tru elitelist has spoken.

Sorry man but your posts really make me laugh.
    i'm not an elitist. i dont worry about being better than other people in the game. i just go after what will make the game the most fun for me. it makes me uncomfortable to use really rare items around people who don't have them. im not one of those people who will go into trade rooms and flash my ubers at newbs and say nty lol. but i loved when people did that to me cause i always bought low and sold high so people thought i was a lowly newb all the time and would flash me with their rares. almost always i had better. those times felt awesome especially when they started begging to trade me for one of my items id be like gtfooooooooo newwwwwwwb. thats what makes pso fun for me not making friends and sitting some place talking about things unrelated to the game for hours. thats not fun to me.

im a better person than those self righteous girls who think i owe them something like respect before they earned it. chances are they used to boys falling to their knees for them and do whatever they want. to show them that i dont care about them rages them which makes them want to punish me and outcast me from their royal presence. they never deserved a friendly hello.

and yeah I hope they announce a new Phantasy Star soon. I'm wanting to see one that really does phantasy star justice. Theyve acknowledged that people want PSO back with the new additions in PS0 and PSP2 so hopefully we will get a proper dungeon crawler without the MMO garbage to try and justify the monthly fee.
    Last edited by Red Ring; Jan 26, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Regarding the attitude against certain genders of players... well, I on some points agree with Red Ring. But it goes for both sides but not all participants(meaning of course some are different).

Some girls tend to get better items, more parties, etc. And It's comical that men believe that them being the girl's knight in shining armor in a virtual world will do anything. And on the other side, some guys tend to be total douchebags who only care about themselves and would rather ruin the game for everyone else. I've dealt with both sides.

My motto would probably be, be kind and understanding to both parties.. because you never know when a enemy can turn into a ally.