Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Default THE GRANDE FINALE EVENT

Hello my Phantasy Star Universe PC/PS2 community!

On behalf of Team Panda and The VCC, I would like to introduce you our Grand Event.

From good to bad, from happy to sad, we were always a wonderful community with many different personalities. Through the level races and Technics training, we all grew knowing that there was always someone or something to look forward to as we ride the path PSU has set us on. Whether there was drama or romance, PSU was definitely a place everyone loved to spend part of their life on. Looking back at our PSU past from a different perspective you can see it was not about striving to be the best but MAINLY about bringing a community together.

I'm sure whenever we see someone hit a level cap first, or raise a lot of money quick, or has a certain equipment it just makes you WANT to find out how they achieved such a goal. Thus, bringing the community together to become lively, fun, sociable and always keep you wanting more.

So what am I rambling about? Well... Let’s bring it all back one last time.

We would like to present you one more Event before we lay to rest. Let’s get this community kickin' it so hard that SEGA would wish they had kept us!

===================== PROJECT ENCORE LAYOUT =====================

TIME: 12pm PST ( 3PM EST)
    DATE: Saturday, February 27th
    PLACE:TBA
    EVENTS:7+

Everything has yet to be decided but we have a general idea of what will be going down:

1. We will have different users coordinating the events
    2. We don’t have prizes, but would like for some! Also each winner will be awarded a drawing by the host of this Grande event!
    3. This will probably be the biggest event I and my fellow coordinators have ever tried to do, so you should not feel unsatisfied!!

4. WE WILL NOT STAY IN ONE SPOT FOR TOO LONG. With each event at its end, we'll move to a new area.
    This way, we get to experience all the lobbies and revisit PSU with the community and try to make it last.
    ALL PICTURES ARE FROM PAST EVENTS (some by other players.)

5. Though there are a lot of events planned, we are still opened to ideas!

===================== Event 1 =====================

EVENT: LEAP FROG
    TIME:
    HOST: Cherry ( The originator of Frog Leaping in PSU)
    **Need extra coordinators to line up contestants**
    RULES:
    1. Don’t Cheat
    2. You will require 1 other partner, so practice well!
    3. Player will practice the movement of "orz'ing" while player 2 will try to jump and move OVER the player. A successful movement will increase your distance towards a goal point.
    4. If you completely fail at ONLY 1 HOP, you will have to go back and repeat the whole race.
    5. A winner is decided when a coordinator announced your name as victor. As an example,”HIKARU COMPLETE!"

SITUATION: JUMPING IS FUN when you know how to do it in PSU! Especially if you think you can jump over that huge fatty over there!!! Anyways, this one is challenging so we hope that you will figure out how to avoid tripping on your partner's sweaty back as we throw this event at you!

We will have up to 10 players with their partner in their rows. There will be a goal line set up at a distance as teams cooperate to reach the goal line. Players will try to "bunny-hop" or "frog jump" over one another to achieve their distance.

===================== Event 2 =====================

EVENT: Musical Chairs
    HOST: Zorafim
    TIME:
    RULES:
    1. Don't Cheat
    2. We will have players act as "chairs" in a circle.
    3. Users will then be required to sit ON TOP of a chair-player when coordinator shouts "STOP!"
    4. Winner will be declared once all players have been eliminated.
    5. There will be different variations of this game including: Male as chair only, Chubby characters only, etc.

SITUATION: Ever played musical chairs back in your elementary school days? Well its back at ya' but with a PSU twist! Users will be required to run around a group of players considered as "chairs." Since PSU has no voice communications, we will have a single player sitting in the middle typing songs, lyrics, rap, funny lines, etc. until he or she shouts STOP! It must be accurate or else you will be disqualified.

===================== Event 3 =====================

EVENT: PSU QUIZ
    HOST: Mortalis
    TIME:
    RULES:
    1. Line up in rows
    2. As each question is answered successfully, users will step up 1 block.
    3. A victor is declared when one reaches the end block.

SITUATION: Sounds rather simple, right? We'll have a little quiz for those Hard-Core PSU gamers. I'm sure there's still a few left out where who noticed anything very noticeably noticeable;] . So this is your chance to step it up and show us how much knowledge you have gained!

===================== Event 4 =====================

EVENT: PSU PHASHION SHOW
    HOST: HIKARU,EINHART, RYUKI, ***Need A Female HOST***
    TIME:
    SITUATION: Ahh... The good old days with many people stylin' it out in PSU. I wonder... Has anyone ever struck the PSU Gods with their beauty? Well it's time to show them ONCE AND FOR ALL how hot and bothered you can really make them feel!

We will have many varieties in this series of events so DONT think you'll be successful just by showing up thinking you already look good. Of course... upon the judge’s request of a certain THEME, users will run and shred the clothes off their backs for the more glamorous ones within a certain time limit. Users who are ranked best will be victor!

Themes can vary from things like: Fruitiest AFRO DESIGN, Couples, HOW many people can you get to look similar to you!, or... coordinate with a soul-mate (two player participation).

===================== Event 6 =====================

EVENT: SKITS
    HOST: DANTE, nyoro_n, crowd reaction to best skits
    TIME:
    RULES:
    1. Players will try to impress judges with a skit already planned.
    2. It can range from comedy, tragedy or even symbolic. Just about anything can come out!
    3. There will be group and single player events. Just use your imagination!

SITUATION: So you're an actor. You've made your friends laugh, or you're just a huge drama queen! Now’s a chance to take those everyday PMS- I mean acting career to a higher degree of level! Bring forth your talents and maybe one day you'll be signed up to much greater careers in life!

===================== Event 7 =====================

EVENT: ROAST
    HOST: DragonStrike, nyoro_n, ***Looking for famous PSOW or GMs… or PSOW MODS to help ***
    TIME:
    RULES:
    1. 1v1 or group vs group
    2. Can be pre-planned or just on-the-spot!

SITUATION: DANG! That guy loves to talk TRASH! Don't you wish you can show him up in front of a huge CROWD?! Well, don’t wait too long because there's an excellent event just for YOU! That's right. Roast his!@$%!! Try to impress judges as you slow cook your opponent over the fire. The crowd will decide who will be the victor!

===================== Event 8 =====================

EVENT: SIMON SAYS
    HOST: *** Looking for Funny and Tricky coordinator***
    TIME:
    RULES:
    1. Everyone will be in a row.
    2. Listen to coordinators carefully because this one is a difficult if you miss out!
    3. Players will be eliminated per failure until a winner is determined.

SITUATION: OH SIMON YOU SILLY BAST#@$%! Making us do weird things like... Taking off my pants... heyyy wait a second! ... Basically, we'll listen to a coordinator posing as "Simon" telling us what to do. Pretty simple... BUT! Make sure Simon said so ;]

===================== Event 10 =====================

EVENT: Chillax a la PHOTOSHOOT
    HOST: Ryuki
    TIME:
    RULES: Nothing! Just behave and have fun!

SITUATION: It’s a relaxing time for everyone across the PSU world! As we start to dive into the longer days, and watch the sky pass us along… We would always wonder how to capture everything so memorable… OH THAT’S RIGHT! A photo shoot!
    What’s a better way to do this than by going back to our roots? The man who started it all, Ryuki! Yup! We’ll be chillaxin’ with him across the Universe with the ability to get our glamour on.~

================================================== ================
    EVEN MORE EVENTS TO COME! WE ARE OPEN TO IDEAS and ANY EXCITEMENT YOU CAN BRING TO THIS COMMUNITY!

Try to bring your old PSU buddies back for these EVENTS! We're sorry that it's still TBA!

We also need more coordinators for these events so if you would like to volunteer please tell us! You can contact me or any of the coordinators around here to help with any questions needed. As you can see, some of the events have yet to have a player to coordinate and host the contests so we are in dire need more more support!

I would love to hear from everyone who would like to participate have an idea of when they think it’s best to enjoy what we have in stores for you! Again those times are February 20th - 22nd!! Please check off your calanders!!!

Thank you and let’s make this one of the most successful events for PSU.

P.S. Glad to see you all again :]
    Last edited by Dj_SkyEpic; Feb 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

WHOO Let's get this chit started!
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

SO Stoked. Seeya all there!
    -Uni 11 Vet/Slacker"They told me I could do anything. So I f***ed a god!"

PSN-Nicalrant Xbox Live-Nicalrant Wii code- A jumble of numbers, Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Icespike View Post
    WHOO Let's get this chit started!
    What he said.

Oh man. Nostalgic pics.
    Even PSOW's own meme.

Lets do it, Looking forward to this. The leap frog and such events are pretty nostalgic from the old PSU Olympics

when's it? anyways...hope to see some old faces :E

Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

Colour me in on this! I'll take a closer look at this later tonight. Homeworking now!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

The way you talk about the game makes me want to play whatever the hell you're talking about. I'm gonna hope that I can make this event, since I'm quite sure this is gonna be something special. Hell, it's things like this that made PSU awesome in the first place. I can't wait to see what comes of this.